Deleted
    There's already some very good AMVs out too. I normally avoid AMVs but several of Korra's have me glued.

Quote Originally Posted by Shootandkill View Post

So, I just finished rewatching TLAB, and man I forgot how truly amazing that series was. LoK is very action packed, and epic, but I kinda miss the mostly laid back attitude of TLAB. Hopefully in the next season, Korra will leave Republic City and we'll get to see the world a little more.
    Yeah TLAB was amazing, watching season 1-3 in 720p is epic. I love the laid-back attitude of their traveling. There's so many episodes I like, The Swamp, The Runaway, The Painted lady, The headband etc. All laid back episodes. I must admit though, I've never been this curious waiting for a next episode like in LOK. TLAB had much less mystery factor.
    Playing since 2007.

Deleted
    TLAB was more straight forward because we all knew what the Goal of Aang was, knock out the firelord.
    With Korra we THINK it was Amon, then it turned out to be Tarrlok and we are not so sure about Amon being a misunderstood good guy or what ever the heck he is supposed to be.
    Or both, it indeed has alot of mistery, and I love it!

---------- Post added 2012-06-06 at 11:00 PM ----------

System specs:
    CPU: Intel core i5 2500k @ 4.8Ghz| CPU cooler: CM Hyper 212 + |
    GPU: EVGA GTX 590 |RAM: 12GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz |--->CPU -Z
    Motherboard: Asus Maximus IV Gene-Z/Gen3 | HDD: Hitachi 1TB| SSD Crucial M4 128GB |
    Power Supply: Corsair TX850M | Case: CoolerMaster HAF 922 | OS: Windows 7 64 bit | Display: ASUS VG236 120hz ( 1920x1080 )

Btw! Beat you there!!!! 2x GTX590 XD MWHAHAHAHAHAHAHA :P haha sorry offtopic :<

10+ Year Old Account
    She will talk to Aang this episode, if she doesn't I will go into the Avatar world and just tell her, "Korra wtf, come on now, there is a spiritual part of this world, now go get it bitch!!!!!"
    Hey everyone

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Paintank View Post
    TLAB was more straight forward because we all knew what the Goal of Aang was, knock out the firelord.
    With Korra we THINK it was Amon, then it turned out to be Tarrlok and we are not so sure about Amon being a misunderstood good guy or what ever the heck he is supposed to be.
    Or both, it indeed has alot of mistery, and I love it!
    The whole theme of Korra is mystery.

The Fire Nation was an enemy you could physically see and deal with. This is so much different; we don't know who Amon is, who supports him? what his long-term goals are.

I like it really, it's such a different style of storytelling than Aang

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I remember reading a review of the first episode of LoK, and every review said, that it was great and separating itself from TLAB, while still throwing in some fan service and references. Although I never really thought of Amon as a bad guy. I mean he has a very good point. Benders do abuse non-benders, and while I don't agree with how he is going about it, I do think his cause is just.

10+ Year Old Account
    Behind you, what I'm not? Then who's this person I'm behind?
    Favorite character list.

1. Lin
    2. Amon
    3. Korra
    4. Tarlok
    5. Tenzin
    6. Bolin
    7. Meelo

I don't find Mako or his girlfriend all that really interesting characters :/.
    Last edited by Pud'n; 2012-06-07 at 12:45 AM.

Avatar: Legend of Korra and Avatar: The Last Airbender are NOT ANIME! They're AMERICAN TV SHOWS (CARTOONS). I donno why people think that just because the art style is similar to animes (note SIMILAR and not IDENTICAL) that doesn't mean it actually IS an anime. Heck the plot is far less convoluted and the whole show is "americanized". The show is ok so far. Gotta say the setting is a turn-off.

Compared to the other weekly cartoons I'd say Young Justice > Avengers > Korra. It really needs to pull itself together and :
    A) Show what happened to everyone from the original series in as much detail as possible and how the world got this way
    B) Make the bad guys as strong as they should be!! In the first episodes Korra got beat up by just 1 chi blocker now she's trowing them off like they were stuffed animals

Tbh I'm more interested in A) at the moment because the whole city, industry, way of life is just as a wallpaper and needs a whole lot more details.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Army of Darkness View Post
    Favorite character list.

1. Lin
    2. Amon
    3. Korra
    4. Tarlok
    5. Tenzin
    6. Bolin
    7. Meelo

I don't find Mako or his girlfriend all that really interesting characters :/.
    I would have to go with:

1. Bolin
    2. Korra
    3. Tenzin
    4. Amon
    5. Spider-Lin

As my top 5

Rather strange turnaround with the avatar as Aang was way down my list
    Last edited by Alraml; 2012-06-07 at 01:09 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunslinger View Post
    Avatar: Legend of Korra and Avatar: The Last Airbender are NOT ANIME! They're AMERICAN TV SHOWS (CARTOONS). I donno why people think that just because the art style is similar to animes (note SIMILAR and not IDENTICAL) that doesn't mean it actually IS an anime. Heck the plot is far less convoluted and the whole show is "americanized". The show is ok so far. Gotta say the setting is a turn-off.

Compared to the other weekly cartoons I'd say Young Justice > Avengers > Korra. It really needs to pull itself together and :
    A) Show what happened to everyone from the original series in as much detail as possible and how the world got this way
    B) Make the bad guys as strong as they should be!! In the first episodes Korra got beat up by just 1 chi blocker now she's trowing them off like they were stuffed animals

Tbh I'm more interested in A) at the moment because the whole city, industry, way of life is just as a wallpaper and needs a whole lot more details.
    You guys don't stop do you? The title isn't a big deal, and whether it's an anime or not really doesn't matter.

My favorite characters are

1. Amon
    2. Korra
    3. Brolin
    4. Tenzin
    5. Tarlok
    6. Mako
    7. Lin

10+ Year Old Account

Avatar is more close to Anime than cartoons in my opinion. Sort of like an American Anime style. But it doesn't really matter what it is.

A) I don't think we are going to find out everything that happened to the original characters. But you should check out The Promise . It shows what happened to the team after Aang took Ozai's bending away and it's supposed to show how Republic City was created.

B) True at first Korra had trouble dealing with the Equalists but it's possible she is already used to fighting chi blockers. Katara herself managed to be toe-to-toe with Ty Lee in their second fight.
    Black Lives Matter

10+ Year Old Account
    God just stop with the Anime crap, just go make a thread about it.

OT: For some reason this episode is having me at my ends because I refuse to watch promo's. Promo's just ruin it for me overall and takes all that hype away from the next episode but this next episode is just destroying my mentality.
    Hey everyone

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Duronos View Post
    God just stop with the Anime crap, just go make a thread about it.

OT: For some reason this episode is having me at my ends because I refuse to watch promo's. Promo's just ruin it for me overall and takes all that hype away from the next episode but this next episode is just destroying my mentality.
    I feel you... I have not been this excited for a new episode in a long time.

10+ Year Old Account

You're confused. What you are saying is like claiming that Rap is only Rap if its by black people from New York. Anime is defined by style, not origin. Plenty of animation out of china, korea, and even the US can be classified as Anime even though its not from Japan.....same with manga. Avatar is actually animated by studios in Korea btw.

On a side note, Young Justice is really very good, first season more then second (cept the latest Flash episode which was awesome).

Quote Originally Posted by Shootandkill
    Yeah, I remember reading a review of the first episode of LoK, and every review said, that it was great and separating itself from TLAB, while still throwing in some fan service and references. Although I never really thought of Amon as a bad guy. I mean he has a very good point. Benders do abuse non-benders, and while I don't agree with how he is going about it, I do think his cause is just.
    Yea, Amon seems evil but he hasn't really done anything truly evil yet. So far he has just taught non-benders self defense, and only people he has "removed" bending from were gangster triad benders, and that guy in the bending tournament who cheated.

I wouldn't doubt if Korra ends up teaming up with Amon to take down Tarlok.

it's animated in korea. manhua and mangas are too, as well as other asian countries. so are many other MURRRRRIKAN TEEVEE SHOWS. no need to get patriot level butthurt over the classification.

on the subject of lotr and logic, hobbits are the only beings on middle-earth that show great resistance to the rings corruption. all other beings (tom bombadil christ being the only exception) are tempted by it's mere presence. meaning the eagles would have long pecked frodo to death or dropped him to the ground before bearing him to mt. doom.
    Last edited by Gentlepenguin; 2012-06-07 at 03:26 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would like to correct a misconception that has been littering this thread, with regard to Korra's attitude/fighting style. It has less to do with defensive/offensive and more to do with her being a genuine water-tribe-born bender. Her style is insymbatico with the core of waterbending.. which is raw emotion. Whe she fights, she doesn't just do stances and cast out elements.. she vents, she rages, she becomes a purely emotional fighter. It makes immensely powerful, but also leaves her too open for counter-attacks and "come at you sideways" assaults.
    Last edited by bowchikabow; 2012-06-07 at 03:38 AM.
    "When you build it, you love it!"

10+ Year Old Account
    It's pretty clear now that Tarlok is going to be the main antagonist of the first season. I really cant wait to see what's up with her visions.

Quote Originally Posted by bowchikabow View Post
    I would like to correct a misconception that has been littering this thread, with regard to Korra's attitude. It has less to do with defensive/offensive and more to do with her being a genuine water-tribe-born bender. Her style is insymbatico with the core of waterbending.. which is raw emotion. Whe she fights, she doesn't just do stances and cast out elements.. she vents, she rages, she becomes a purely emotional fighter. It makes immensely powerful, but also leaves her too open for counter-attacks and "come at you sideways" assaults.
    I thought emotion and aggression was the firebender deal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Torethyr View Post
    "But I don't want my fire bending to come from rage" Zuko

In reality Fire bending is about energy and purpose.

Remember at the northern water tribe, when Aang is told to let his emotions flow.. he recounts (in his head) how he feels responsible for the death of all of his people, and the water around him immediately starts going super nova and so he stops bending.

I am trying to find the video clip of what I am referring to.
    Last edited by bowchikabow; 2012-06-07 at 04:01 AM.
    "When you build it, you love it!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Torethyr View Post
    Which is why she's an exceptional firebender even though it's supposed to be the element she has the hardest time learning since waterbending's natural opposite. Airbending is to be the easiest element to learn for avatars from the water tribe but for Korra it's the opposite thanks to her crazy emotions.
    Last edited by Xuvial; 2012-06-07 at 04:00 AM.
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze