Quote Originally Posted by bklutz View Post
    theory on amon's ease with blood bending: he is part mechanical like combustion man was (yes 2 combustion man refrences in one episode) thus he has less areas of his body with blood. My reasoning with this is the fact that sato was teamed up with the equalists and with all their technilogy it seems logical
    I thought about this also. While it would make him relatively resistant to bloodbending, it make him EXTREMELY vulnerable to metalbending, yes? If that were true then bloodbending would be the lesser of two evils since it's far less frequent. So i don't think that's quite the answer ><

Maybe we're thinking too hard about it. Is it possible he's just been trained to fight against a bloodbender beforehand and learned to endure it? It seemed like he was having no problem until he walked in front of the window and slowed his pace a bit.

With that in mind, could it possibly be that Amon had some old ties with Yakone? Maybe while growing up, Amon was forced for some deeper reason to work under Yakone and his underground gang unit. Then possibly Amon did something to Yakone that ended up with Amon's parents being murdered. I don't know, just a thought.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bklutz View Post
    theory on amon's ease with blood bending: he is part mechanical like combustion man was (yes 2 combustion man refrences in one episode) thus he has less areas of his body with blood. My reasoning with this is the fact that sato was teamed up with the equalists and with all their technilogy it seems logical
    That would actually make a lot of sense or that he has something on him... But the mechanical theory might make a lot more sense.

EDIT: I have this fact, not theory but fact. Amon is Dr. Mundo before he went crazy.
    Last edited by Duronos; 2012-06-10 at 01:56 AM.
    Hey everyone

Holy shit, Im gay for Lin. I haven't seen an awesomely written female character since The Boss in MGS3.

I wish Tarlok kept his bending, since bloodbending is creepy and cool to watch. Oh well, have a tight scheduled to fill. Also, DAT MAKKORA. One episode hes lovey dovey with Asami while getting into bitch fits with Korra, next ep he's trying to be her white knight and carrying her off bridal style.

Time to toss in my vote: Amon is a cyborg. Korra's spirit is too strong to corrupt and have her bending taken away. Mako will take the fall for Bolin and get de-bended.

10+ Year Old Account

I think this accurately portrays Amon's badassery.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alixie View Post
    Time to toss in my vote: Amon is a cyborg. Korra's spirit is too strong to corrupt and have her bending taken away. Mako will take the fall for Bolin and get de-bended.
    Interesting though somehow I doubt they'd break up the fire ferrets.

Poor Bolin, it's a rough embarassing life being the comic relief character but he has all of my love =)

Quote Originally Posted by Shootandkill View Post

I think this accurately portrays Amon's badassery.
    Last edited by Alraml; 2012-06-10 at 02:42 AM.

10+ Year Old Account

Amon is not amused.

10+ Year Old Account
    i loved todays episode so much. especially the flashbacks to when Aang was ~40. and to learn (finally) how all that with Tarlokk went down (or his dad, i should say). i was wondering the whole time everyone was having their blood bent, that "how the F do u defend against that? what range can he do it at and for how long and how many ppl at once?" but then Aang went to Avatar mode and...yeah. but i have a theory about Amon...

i think Amon is either Tarlokks dad coming back to get his revenge or is actually Aang. now wait, i have a theory about Aang as well lol

first, its more than likely Amon is Tarlokks dad. but, it doesnt explain how he takes bending away. unless he magically learned it from when Aang took his bending away.

second, it COULD be Aang because Aang knows how to take bending away and we have yet to learn how he died. i admit, it would be a cheap way to do it, but they could write him back to life so many ways its scary.

granted, the first is MUCH more likely to happen than the second, but still...i can see either happening.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm gonna go all detective on you guys and say this. Aang has no motive for becoming Amon, and he has an alibi in the fact that he's.... well... dead.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shootandkill View Post
    I'm gonna go all detective on you guys and say this. Aang has no motive for becoming Amon, and he has an alibi in the fact that he's.... well... dead.
    i agree. but you know how writers are. they like to bring ppl back from the dead in the stupidest ways...

no zuko in korra's flashbacks at least we know he is still alive

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kanturotar View Post
    no zuko in korra's flashbacks at least we know he is still alive
    Well Zuko isn't there, he's kinda leading the Fire Nation.

Quote Originally Posted by Azalu View Post
    Well Zuko isn't there, he's kinda leading the Fire Nation.
    he is not lol... he is traveling around the world the fire lord is his daughter...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by randomone05 View Post
    i agree. but you know how writers are. they like to bring ppl back from the dead in the stupidest ways...
    I'm pretty sure once someone dies in this show they stay dead >_< (spirits don't count).
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

10+ Year Old Account
    he is not lol... he is traveling around the world the fire lord is his daughter...
    I don't think he would have abdicated by that time in the flashback

10+ Year Old Account
    Azalu is right. According to the information known about the characters in Korra, Zuko is traveling the world. At the time of the flashbacks, he probably isn't doing that yet.

I'm personally really interested now in seeing who Amon is. It's baffling me. Somehow I don't think we're going to find out that season, however.

Also, during today's episode:
    Was anyone else [I]really[/I] hoping Katara was going to come save Aang's ass when Tarrlok's pappy was screwing him up? The whole thing with Aang breaking the bending with the Avatar state and the removal of the bending seemed... really fast and anticlimactic. Almost a letdown. I guess I was hoping a little too much that Katara was gonna jump in.

Either way, when Aang's wrist twisted back, my gut churned. THAT was pretty gruesome.
    Last edited by Hanto; 2012-06-10 at 03:21 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I know the Amon = Aang theory is floating around, but I didn't even remotely consider it until today's episode. Now, after seeing adult Aang, the way he took away Yakone's bending, plus he just had a more weathered, world weary look to him...I have this queasy feeling that Amon could be Aang. What if: A) energybending changed him somehow...corrupted him, and/or B) fighting criminals like Yakone just gave him a more grim outlook. I hope it's not him, but I don't think it would be outlandish considering the puzzle pieces they've given us this season thus far.

I said I'd stop guessing Amon's identity but the gears won't stop spinning!
    Last edited by Bavol; 2012-06-10 at 03:19 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    I'm pretty sure once someone dies in this show they stay dead >_< (spirits don't count).
    one can only hope lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Azalu View Post
    I don't think he would have abdicated by that time in the flashback
    yeah maybe that happened a few years later lol well... we'll see on next week episode and on season finale in 2 weeks

It slipped my mind that Tarrlok was the representative for the Northern Water tribe. Perhaps his ability to bloodbend at any given time has something to do with the moon spirit, Yue, being from the same place.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by randomone05 View Post
    one can only hope lol.
    The next episode is written by CHRIST METZEN!!!

Noooooooo!