Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Howdyho View Post
    Someone really should remove the [Anime] from the headline before it causes more trouble. Some misguided individuals have started talking about this cartoon in the actual Anime thread.
    Mod: The "Avatar is/isn't an anime." argument has been done to death. Please, don't bring it into this thread as it brings nothing constructive.

10+ Year Old Account
    nooo...i thought i was over my addiction when i saw aang and katara kiss then they released legend of korra with bolin and pabu and now more? will i ever be free?

can't stop watching this clip

Last edited by Frozenbeef; 2012-07-12 at 02:09 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm suspicious about the direct tv fallout, they say on the guide that viacom is responsible for all of the channels going away but I'm pretty sure that not only does viacom not have any power over the customer's subscription prices but they don't own both nick and comedy central... (might be wrong on that last part)
    Quote Originally Posted by ohshift View Post
    Mess with someone's head enough, you can turn a scared little kid into an all powerful bitch.
    only two things are infinite the universe, and human stupidity,
    and i'm not too sure about the universe -Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by ranku View Post
    I'm suspicious about the direct tv fallout, they say on the guide that viacom is responsible for all of the channels going away but I'm pretty sure that not only does viacom not have any power over the customer's subscription prices but they don't own both nick and comedy central... (might be wrong on that last part)
    Actually they do own them. Viacom is a bigger media company than most people are aware of. They also own radio stations along with CBS among those cable/satellite channels.

Long and short of it, they're just being greedy corporate bastards that are trying to squeeze more money out of DirecTV and in effect, us, the customers. It sucks, but not much we can do. What sucks is that with the announcement of a third season of Legend of Korra, I guess I may have to stick to watching it On-line if an agreement can't be reached. I hope Viacom falls on it's own sword, in that with the loss of viewers on DirecTV, it will lead advertisers to soon be paying less money to them.

so apparently i have to watch season 2 online now. every nick related channel has been removed from my cable provider.
    Yea hopefully that will get worked out asap.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...wned_by_Viacom

Viacom owns tons of things...

Basically, viacom wanted to increase what it charges for distribution, and to account for that increase direct tv would have needed to increase what they charge customers (to keep their profits from taking a dip). The real truth probably is that they both want to increase their profits but the amount direct tv would have had to charge to make up for viacom's increase would put direct tv out of the price range their market sourcing tells them they can charge without losing to many customers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rodroy323 View Post
    Actually they do own them. Viacom is a bigger media company than most people are aware of. They also own radio stations along with CBS among those cable/satellite channels.

Long and short of it, they're just being greedy corporate bastards that are trying to squeeze more money out of DirecTV and in effect, us, the customers. It sucks, but not much we can do. What sucks is that with the announcement of a third season of Legend of Korra, I guess I may have to stick to watching it On-line if an agreement can't be reached. I hope Viacom falls on it's own sword, in that with the loss of viewers on DirecTV, it will lead advertisers to soon be paying less money to them.
    i knew they owned nick because the guy that made the avatar abridged series kept running into problems with viacom, but i wasn't sure about the rest. also i had heard that the negotiations were going the other way around and direct tv was just asking for more money than the people who own the channels were willing to give out (i think that more than just viacom got the boot) but in either case someone is going to be losing alot of money due to this horrible deal, most likely both of them will. due to this deal i have no reason to watch tv anymore.... except for the odd episode of family guy that comes out.

---------- Post added 2012-07-12 at 03:10 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    wow, i see that now. i'm kinda glad that mtv got the boot though, never was anything good on there and the popular stuff (at least what people around me watch it for) is cringe worthy.
    Mess with someone's head enough, you can turn a scared little kid into an all powerful bitch.

Deleted
    Well I'm watching them online anyway but a bit differently, if you know what I mean, i'll stick to that.
    Any dates yet for Season 2? Or just 2013?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Paintank View Post
    Well I'm watching them online anyway but a bit differently, if you know what I mean, i'll stick to that.
    Any dates yet for Season 2? Or just 2013?
    my brother is doing the same thing, but he is just taking forever to get started. also i don't think there are any solid dates yet, i believe the animation just started for season 2 and i think that takes a long time so either late this year or early next year would be my guess.

also, apparently the movie is getting a sequel but m night is not writing it, just directing (i think he did both the first time) so it might be better... maybe, hopefully?

edit: im looking it up now and it seems that it is very far off but there was a poster for it at comicon apparently
    Last edited by ranku; 2012-07-12 at 05:15 PM.

Deleted
    I will not watch ANY movies, they will never equal the actual anime, btw I am in book 3 now.
    I came by this, I dont know how to link a video but the video link is here, I could not stop laughing for a good 5 minutes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jmZtnpVtxfo

10+ Year Old Account
    in the movie why does she pronounce his name as ONG? 0o

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    The director apparently thought the names weren't asian enough.
    A look at the warcraft novels, RPG books, games and magical french space soccer.

Glory to person-whose-name-I-dont-know-but-rules-Kul-Tiras!

Quote Originally Posted by ijffdrie View Post
    The director apparently thought the names weren't asian enough.
    M. Night needs to officially barred from directing another movie in his lifetime. The man can single-handedly destroy a franchise.

10+ Year Old Account
    my brother is doing the same thing, but he is just taking forever to get started. also i don't think there are any solid dates yet, i believe the animation just started for season 2 and i think that takes a long time so either late this year or early next year would be my guess.

also, apparently the movie is getting a sequel but m night is not writing it, just directing (i think he did both the first time) so it might be better... maybe, hopefully?

edit: im looking it up now and it seems that it is very far off but there was a poster for it at comicon apparently
    I've heard anything M Night Shamealan (teehee) touches withers and dies.

If he touches TLA again with anything more than a broom to the floor, I doubt it'll turn out much better.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    because M. Night is dumb.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

Deleted
    By the way, I just finished watching all three seasons like 5 minutes ago again.
    So basicly, we assumed Aang and Katara hooked up and that is also viewable in the "Family tree" of the wikipage I think.
    But why din't we assume that Zuko and Mei and Sokka and Suki stayed together? I mean LoK confirmed that Aang and Katara stayed together yes, but I see no reason why the others would not.
    After all, if Zuko broke up with Mei again, he is in for a bad time, haha.

because all relationships at 13-17 work out right?
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

Deleted
    I dint say that but why DID we assume it with Aang and Katara and not with the others, except for the fact we got it confirmed @ LOK

Quote Originally Posted by Paintank View Post
    I dint say that but why DID we assume it with Aang and Katara and not with the others, except for the fact we got it confirmed @ LOK
    I think the fact that it was the one relationship that has been confirmed as working out is what made the difference and that if it hadn't been confirmed they wouldn't have made the assumption about Aang and Katara either.

Deleted
    Suppose so, but I am just wondering , why would they but okay suppose we'll just say "Not everything works out" which sounds utterly lame, almost as lame as the movie from M. Night

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamdwelf View Post
    OK so Korra facebook said after the 14 episode season two they are getting a full 26 episode season 3 confirmed!

Soexcite
    Black Lives Matter