10+ Year Old Account
    So I'm hearing April 2013 for the new Book after reading multiple sources. I might change my Avatar to something Korra related... But who will it be?
    Hey everyone

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Duronos View Post
    So I'm hearing April 2013 for the new Book after reading multiple sources. I might change my Avatar to something Korra related... But who will it be?
    Not Korra, obviously :P

Go for someone decent, like anyone from the flashbacks. Older Toph/Aang/Sokka :P
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    Not Korra, obviously :P

Go for someone decent, like anyone from the flashbacks. Older Toph/Aang/Sokka :P
    Hmmm okay. ;D
    Hey everyone

Obviously Amon...everyone else in LoK was a weak loser.

10+ Year Old Account
    Okay, so I was thinking about a few things regarding A:TLA and I just don't know if Korra can top it. Yes A:TLA is a finished show with all seasons done but really can the next few Korra seasons actually top everything that Aang did? Now I know back in the day when Book 1 finished it was good but not as good as it is now in retrospect. What are your opinions on how Korra will probably look in the years to come once we see her entire story so to speak?
    Hey everyone

Deleted
    Okay, so I was thinking about a few things regarding A:TLA and I just don't know if Korra can top it. Yes A:TLA is a finished show with all seasons done but really can the next few Korra seasons actually top everything that Aang did? Now I know back in the day when Book 1 finished it was good but not as good as it is now in retrospect. What are your opinions on how Korra will probably look in the years to come once we see her entire story so to speak?
    God Dammit Duronos. I keep thinking you're say IT'S BACK ON OMFG.
    Doubt it. Sokka, Toph and Aang man. They were rad.

10+ Year Old Account
    As one of the creators said on a interview somewhere; it's hard to compare the two. A:TLA was a more global story, spanning the entire world and effecting a broader populace. It was about saving the world as a whole. Korra is a more personal story, much smaller scale, more about internal character development and relationships. Both great, though.

No way Korra will top it lol. The story isn't as well done. And the chapters in Korra are disconnected. Aang was always about beating the Fire Lord somehow and learning the elements and finding teachers. Korra book 1 was about Amon and airbending. And that story completely ended. Now book 2 is about a whole different subject. Unless it goes back to something that happened in Last Airbender or somehow involves Amon or Equalists or something I doubt it'll be that good of a series compared to Last.

10+ Year Old Account
    Although, I'd give it to A:TLA just for Iroh. I cry during the prison scene. Every time.

They have an Iroh in LoK too though..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    They have an Iroh in LoK too though..
    Nobody can compare to old Iroh though. Tragic that the original voice actor passed away. The stand-in did a wonderful job, however.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    No way Korra will top it lol. The story isn't as well done. And the chapters in Korra are disconnected. Aang was always about beating the Fire Lord somehow and learning the elements and finding teachers. Korra book 1 was about Amon and airbending. And that story completely ended. Now book 2 is about a whole different subject. Unless it goes back to something that happened in Last Airbender or somehow involves Amon or Equalists or something I doubt it'll be that good of a series compared to Last.
    I actually have to say you're right because isn't the Avatar's job to help the world in any way possible. It seems like the story was based far to much on Korra and I'm not saying it's bad I'm just saying that even though she's the main character there wasn't much worldly based issues represented and there always is something happening elsewhere.
    Hey everyone

if you think about it, its actually quite amazing how well Korra as a series turned out to be. considering, that possibly there is the network trying to interfere (granted I dont know much about nickelodeon, but well there a company...), the show´s creators opportunity to fuck it up (not a very good example, but think George Lucas), its really quite amazing how close (VERY close) the shows awesomeness is to AtlA.

pretty sure, the shows weaknesses have been discussed here (rushed ending, too many things happening, not enough room for the characters to develop..), its still one of the best shows I have seen.
    I did a Korra marathon recently, since I just found out about it and I kept thinking many times in the show, that the Amon arc should have spanned the 4 seasons (yes, I know they only decided afterwards to make more seasons). There were so many missed opportunities to tell a really enthralling story.
    Like have one or two episodes to show the regime of Amon, where Team Avatar has to live in the underground and to evade the cops, have them see and feel how life changed under Amon for everybody.
    Give Korra more room to develop as a character, Bolin, Mako, everybody.
    I had some more ideas while watching which I forgot, unfortunately

10+ Year Old Account
    im confused is this the seque to TLAB? or is this a spin off/different story?

a little bit of both. it´s about the next avatar, which is obviously Korra, but there are a couple of old characters, which are really just showing up once in a while.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gnlogic View Post
    im confused is this the seque to TLAB? or is this a spin off/different story?
    Not really a sequel but more of a story about the Avatar that came after Aang.
    Hey everyone

10+ Year Old Account
    great thanks for introducing this to me....now i can't get any work done >.>

Bloodsail Admiral Brightamethyst's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's really hard to compare a finished series to one that's just beginning. Comparing just the first seasons though it's pretty close though.

TLA didn't start out amazingly epic. It didn't start getting really great until season two.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Joathen View Post
    Nobody can compare to old Iroh though. Tragic that the original voice actor passed away. The stand-in did a wonderful job, however.
    Really? :O I just checked his IMDb page and it doesn't say anything about his death, are you sure you're not mixing him up with Ian Abercrombie?

Quote Originally Posted by Sylphen View Post
    Really? :O I just checked his IMDb page and it doesn't say anything about his death, are you sure you're not mixing him up with Ian Abercrombie?
    yeah Mako passed between seasons 2 and 3 there was an episode dedicated to him and the character in Korra was named after him.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.