10+ Year Old Account
    You guys remember these masterpieces?

Quote Originally Posted by Shootandkill View Post
    You guys remember these masterpieces?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLkQfmUEyvk
    DAMN IT KORRA, WHY DIDN'T YOU LET HIM FINISH THE JOKE?!

Also, someone's living the past. What with thinking fire nation is still full of jerks.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    DAMN IT KORRA, WHY DIDN'T YOU LET HIM FINISH THE JOKE?!

Also, someone's living the past. What with thinking fire nation is still full of jerks.
    Fire nation aren't jerks, they were only trying to share their peace, wealth and prosperity with the rest of the world. 'Tis a great kindness.

Souzin and Ozai were so misunderstood
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

Quote Originally Posted by The Monado View Post
    Mako kind of resembles Zuko in this, he is "confused" but not in the "REGAIN MY HONOR!" kind of way, but this time with the other gender; he just doesn't really know what he wants, like Zuko.
    Mako is badass at his Firebending but yeah personality wise he might seem like a douche, like Zuko was at the start too, it might wear off over time.
    This reminds me...is everyone a prodigy in the new series or something? Seeing Mako be able to shoot lightning with literally no effort pissed me off after seeing all the effort Iroh and Azula had to go through to summon it. And the random redirection scene just...what...?

---------- Post added 2013-02-25 at 05:49 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    Fire nation aren't jerks, they were only trying to share their peace, wealth and prosperity with the rest of the world. 'Tis a great kindness.

Souzin and Ozai were so misunderstood
    Souzin's was a great plan gone wrong just like Amon. Ozai and Azulon were just plain assholes.

And I miss Zuko. I wish they'd have actually caught up with him. AND WHERE THE EFF WAS HIS MOM?! Zuko best character.
    Last edited by Flaks; 2013-02-25 at 05:50 AM.
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Bloodsail Admiral Brightamethyst's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    This reminds me...is everyone a prodigy in the new series or something? Seeing Mako be able to shoot lightning with literally no effort pissed me off after seeing all the effort Iroh and Azula had to go through to summon it. And the random redirection scene just...what...?
    I look at things like that as signs of progress. It's not unreasonable that some time in the past 70 years someone figured out how to make lightning bending more accessible.

Honestly, I'm glad to see the world changing. Far too often fantasy worlds get stuck in middle ages no matter how many centuries pass. It's really nice to see an evolving world for once.

10+ Year Old Account
    AND WHERE THE EFF WAS HIS MOM?!
    Katara knows and lets hope she manages to tell someone before she dies -_-

Quote Originally Posted by Brightamethyst View Post
    I look at things like that as signs of progress. It's not unreasonable that some time in the past 70 years someone figured out how to make lightning bending more accessible.

Honestly, I'm glad to see the world changing. Far too often fantasy worlds get stuck in middle ages no matter how many centuries pass. It's really nice to see an evolving world for once.
    That's a good point. But I really wish they'd have explained it better. They need to make sure they give characters and storyarcs the time they deserve in the next season.

Katara knows and lets hope she manages to tell someone before she dies -_-
    Freaking seriously. I got so excited when she started telling the story then BAM! useless crap.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    -Why Amon became an equalist wasn't well explained, but he ignored his brother because he wouldn't go with him when Amon abandoned their home.
    Well... Amon wasn't really an equalist. That was just his propaganda to get the masses behind him. What he really wanted was to be the only bender left. That's not equality.

10+ Year Old Account
    Amon saw bending as the thing that ruined his, and his brother's life. No surprise that he sees it as evil.

the crap between mako and korra just almost ruined this show for me. it made mako a douche, and made korra look just as bad as him for going along with the way mako did asami. hopefully they'll clear that whole situation up in the next season.

and about zuko's mom, always wanted to see what happened to her. honestly, i just wish they'd do an entire kinda filler episode about some of the things that happened while the original team avatar was grown up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mcstunner View Post
    and about zuko's mom, always wanted to see what happened to her. honestly, i just wish they'd do an entire kinda filler episode about some of the things that happened while the original team avatar was grown up.
    "The Adventures of Team Avatar" would have made a great mini-series. Mostly because any conflict the creators come up with will pale in comparison to the corrupt Fire Nation. I think the 100 year war was the worst conflict an Avatar has ever had to deal with.

Which is also why no matter how amazingly well Legend of Korra is done I don't think it can compare to the Last Airbender. But when push comes to shove, TLA's strongest suite for me was its character development and I think they could do it again and maybe even better in LoK.

Then again, I'd imagine a spiritual revolution in a world that's clearly becoming more and more Earthly (industrial revolution -> Republic City) COULD compete with the hundred year war. And considering how the next season is Spirit it seems very possible.

I think the 100 year war was the worst conflict an Avatar has ever had to deal with.
    Not really. I mean, on one hand things got REALLY out of control because Aang was missing 100 years + Sozin's comet came + the Fire Lord who was Roku's friend was crazy + all the other nations kind of choked and let the Fire Nation military own theirs. So all the problems kind of compounded.

But uhm. Weren't there like a thousand other avatars? I'm sure they had some pretty big problems of their own.

To be quite honest, if Aang was older, had all the elements mastered, and had avatar state mastered, this 100 years war conflict might have been easily fixed. Aang could glide into the fire nation and just fucking wreck everyone in avatar mode or just flat out defeat Ozai. Or lead a successful assault on the fire nation capital and lead the other nations to victory in the war.

No matter what happened, the entirety of the people of one of the elements would have been wiped out. If Aang hadn't bitched out and left then he probably would have died or been captured.

But yea, we don't really know that many other Avatar stories. I think we know 4 or 5 of them total from the last episode when Aang is trying to figure out how to beat Ozai without killing him. None of the conflicts they faced were anywhere near what Aang was facing.

Also, since each Avatar is the culmination of their previous lives, does it mean every single one is stronger than the last?

-Kiyoshi moved an island and became the most hated person in a whole town, so much so they made a holiday just to hate her! And she was all badass like "yeah I killed that guy, I don't give a fuck."
    -Then that one waterbender lost his wife to the face stealer. Which is weird because isn't the face stealer a spirit? Wtf? How'd he get into the human world.
    -Then the airbender lady avatar was like "eh if I have to kill I guess I would. Fuck air nomad traditions."
    -And uhm. If Roku didn't die he probably could have stopped the war himself while it started.

I don't think each Avatar is stronger. Maybe their Avatar States are proer since they keep getting more knowledge. Idk though it seems like Aang and Korra are mastering the elements at mad young ages now.

Idk. Aang might have failed if he didn't get frozen. He probably wouldn't have had the motivation Sokka/Katarra/etc gave him.

10+ Year Old Account
    -Then the airbender lady avatar was like "eh if I have to kill I guess I would. Fuck air nomad traditions."
    That's part of why Aang was having so much trouble with the concept of having to kill Ozai. He's The Avatar and having to make the hard choices for the sake of the world is part of the job. That other air bender avatar probably didn't like the idea of killing either, but she knew that realistically it might come to that.

If Roku didn't die he probably could have stopped the war himself while it started.
    Roku dying is what started the war to begin with. Sozin specifically waited until Roku was gone before starting the war.
    Last edited by Brightamethyst; 2013-02-26 at 04:47 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The whole war was Roku's massive fuck-up, the guy was way too forgiving on Souzin and let him live. Silly Roku :P
    If he had killed Souzin then Katara's mother would still be alive and perhaps even Ozai would have turned out to be a different man.

10+ Year Old Account
    If he had killed Souzin then Katara's mother would still be alive and perhaps even Ozai would have turned out to be a different man.
    Or maybe Azulon would have gone crazy and wanted revenge against the Avatar for the murder of his father. There's just no way to know if it would have turned out any better.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brightamethyst View Post
    Or maybe Azulon would have gone crazy and wanted revenge against the Avatar for the murder of his father. There's just no way to know if it would have turned out any better.
    And then Roku would've killed Azulon as well.

Hmm actually how about kill the whole royal line and just leave Zuko and his mother alive. In the name of greater good n' all XD
    Last edited by Xuvial; 2013-02-26 at 05:13 PM.

And then Roku would've killed Azulon as well.

Hmm actually how about kill the whole royal line and just leave Zuko and his mother alive. In the name of greater good n' all XD
    Well we haven't seen a murderous evil avatar in the avatar universe yet, maybe someday.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamdwelf View Post
    Well we haven't seen a murderous evil avatar in the avatar universe yet, maybe someday.
    Not as long as it's remains a Nickelodeon thing :S