10+ Year Old Account
    My reasoning behind why Aang and Katara had 3 children with different bending or whatever: one with waterbending, one with airbending, and one with no bending... Aang was an airbender, Katara was a waterbender, and Sokka who by the way is related to Katara was not a bender. Sokka always thought outside the box and from the few scenes we saw of Bumi, he definitely seems the same way. Tenzin is laid back but serious when he needs to be much like Aang (look at adult Aang if you want a comparison). Kya, we have no clue but I'm highly betting she's quite a bit like Katara, nice, caring, etc.

The creators did that on purpose, there is no doubt in my mind that their children resemble the three original characters that we first met in the first episode of Avatar... The one that started it all.
    Hey everyone

Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    That has to do with Lineage. If say a Firebender married a waterbender there would be a chance the kids would be a mix of firebenders, waterbenders, and nonbenders. The reason Firebenders don't randomly pop-up in the middle of the Earth kingdom is because in Aang's time all the different benders were separate and didn't mix with each other.

For example Katara and Aang had three children. Kya was a waterbender, Tenzin is an Airbender, and Bumi isn't a bender at all. You need to have the abilty passed down from somewhere in your family or else you won't have it.

It still sort of bothers me that there wasn't a single instance of people from different nations falling in love. I think the only thing we've seen is Sokka and Suki and neither of them are benders (then eventually Aang and Katara). In AtLA is was sort of showed that the water tribes and earth kingdoms were divided from one another due to the war and why the fire nation wouldn't associate with other nations due to their superiority complexs. But even with that, it's kind of hard to expect that throughout the thousands of years that the Avatar universe existed, even before the fire nation went evil and started a war, that people didn't marry outside of their nation, and it took a hundred year war for people to start having kids that were mixed nations.

Who knows, maybe everyone back then were just total racists to one another... that'd be my guess.
    I AM the world's first Shadow Mage.

Bloodsail Admiral Brightamethyst's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zonas View Post
    It still sort of bothers me that there wasn't a single instance of people from different nations falling in love. I think the only thing we've seen is Sokka and Suki and neither of them are benders (then eventually Aang and Katara).
    Just because we didn't see it doesn't mean it never happened. We hardly met everyone in the entire world in TLA. I'm sure it happened. It probably just wasn't very common during the war years when the nations were mostly segregated.

It certainly happens in the Korra era. Just look at Mako and Bolin.

well, there was the swamp benders. they had to come from either mixed parents or migrants to the earth kingdom.

also... what are these scenes of bumi? there were no scenes of him that i remember. did the new season come out??? :O

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcstunner View Post
    well, there was the swamp benders. they had to come from either mixed parents or migrants to the earth kingdom.

also... what are these scenes of bumi? there were no scenes of him that i remember. did the new season come out??? :O

No such thing as swamp benders. They were waterbenders. Even the seaweed monster bent the water in plants.

Bumi showed up for like 2 seconds in the last episode. He yelled and sounded kind of crazy. And that was it.

10+ Year Old Account
    well from iroh's description of bumi, he seems like sokka too, just a bit wilder.
    Quote Originally Posted by ohshift View Post
    Mess with someone's head enough, you can turn a scared little kid into an all powerful bitch.
    only two things are infinite the universe, and human stupidity,
    and i'm not too sure about the universe -Albert Einstein

10+ Year Old Account
    My theory is going to be fact once we meet Kya.
    Hey everyone

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    No such thing as swamp benders. They were waterbenders. Even the seaweed monster bent the water in plants.

Bumi showed up for like 2 seconds in the last episode. He yelled and sounded kind of crazy. And that was it.
    i know they were water benders lol, they were called the swamp benders in the show ;P

and yeah... bumi seems fun lol.

Those swamp benders didn't have diverse parents from the water and earth nation anyway. I'm pretty sure they were inbred.

Bloodsail Admiral Brightamethyst's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I always wondered why the swamp people agreed to be part of the eclipse invasion. They probably didn't even know there WAS a war going on, much less have any incentive to fight for some people they didn't really even know.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Brightamethyst View Post
    I always wondered why the swamp people agreed to be part of the eclipse invasion. They probably didn't even know there WAS a war going on, much less have any incentive to fight for some people they didn't really even know.
    Meh, maybe a strong sense of honour within sister and brother tribes. They did call Katara and her water tribe a sister tribe iirc? Could have been brother tribe. Doesn't matter.

10+ Year Old Account
    I know it's Wikipedia but read the plot part of the article. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Leg...Korra_(Book_2)
    Hey everyone

Lol I love the way they say "half" for the locations. It's only 14 total episodes...

Let's see what happens.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://fangirlyfashionista.tumblr.co...korra-panel-at

You might want to read this tumblr. Scroll down a bit and you'll see exactly what I read.
    Hey everyone

Firstly, we’re gonna be getting a sub-bending form of airbending! Kisu said it was going to blow our minds. MY MIND IS READY TO BE BLOWN. Also, he totally knows who Lin’s daddy is, but he was tight-lipped, so we’re gonna find out soon enough I’m sure. Then when someone asked about who they would cast in a Korra movie, Sifu refused to say anything and he said we’d see why later…I’m not sure how I’d feel about a Korra movie. Steve said he wouldn’t want one done.
    Firstly, we’re gonna be getting a sub-bending form of airbending!
    sub-bending form of airbending

:O OMG what could it be?

oh wow, that sounds incredibly awesome. also "we’re gonna be getting a sub-bending form of airbending! Kisu said it was going to blow our minds" oaihfoshgosvnhepswhigpwighpwihpwhigpwh

....i think i need new pants v.v

Deleted
    Fart bending.

Could bet on it.

Pfft HAHA!

The idea of a LoK movie is hilarious. Seeing how bad TLA was... God, that would be funny to see.

Considering the last movie, and the awful romance book 1 had, I'd say a Korra movie would basically be Twilight except with benders...

The Legend of Core-uh

Mako: "Hi, I'm Mako. I come off as a bit of a jerk and a little broody at times, but that's okay because my parents are deeeeaaaddd... Just ignore my brother, who happens to have the exact same history as me, and is the happiest bastard on the face of this planet..."

Core-uh: *Blank stare* ... *Sploosh* (She's basically getting hot an' bothered at this point)
    I AM the world's first Shadow Mage.

Quote Originally Posted by Zonas View Post
    Pfft HAHA!

The idea of a LoK movie is hilarious. Seeing how bad TLA was... God, that would be funny to see.
    To be fair though, the TLA movie was mostly bad because of M. Night Shyamalan. Also, there was just so much story to be told if the goal of the movie was to follow the story of TLA. What would have worked better in that case would have been to have the movie plot be some new adventure that took place sometime after the events of the series.

But, if done right with a better director, a movie could work. /shrug