10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    :O..................At the Search.....Woah........../////////////
    That revelation of Zuko literally changes my view all about the Avatar series, like I don't think I'll be able to watch A:TLA the same way again.
    Hey everyone

15+ Year Old Account
    I doubt ill ever watch ATLA after this... this explains so much but also spoils a lot of the fun in ATLA
    - Vanilla was legitimately bad; we just didn't know any better at the time - SirCowDog

What??? What's this Zuko stuff? Where can I find this uber life changing info?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Muzual View Post
    Which part bothers you all so much? The part about "our" child?
    Yes, that part really destroys the entire wanting his honor back from Ozai. Something that big as too say Zuko wasn't Ozai's son shouldn't have been in a comic, it should have been in one of the actual episodes. GAHHHH!!!! It's so annoying.
    Hey everyone

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aang View Post
    Yes, that part really destroys the entire wanting his honor back from Ozai. Something that big as too say Zuko wasn't Ozai's son shouldn't have been in a comic, it should have been in one of the actual episodes. GAHHHH!!!! It's so annoying.
    the problem is that they wouldn't put something that profound in a "children's show" it would be considered too adult
    Quote Originally Posted by ohshift View Post
    Mess with someone's head enough, you can turn a scared little kid into an all powerful bitch.
    only two things are infinite the universe, and human stupidity,
    and i'm not too sure about the universe -Albert Einstein

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ranku View Post
    the problem is that they wouldn't put something that profound in a "children's show" it would be considered too adult
    How about that suicide scene in Korra?
    Hey everyone

Damn it guys, you know I HAVE to click spoiler tags right? I can't not look. :<

Also: WTB the new Korra season already.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aang View Post
    How about that suicide scene in Korra?
    that was kinda a diffent story, it wasn't untill someone pointed it out that i realized that was what was implied. a jerry springer moment like this however is a completely different in that it can't really be shown as anything else.
    Quote Originally Posted by ohshift View Post
    Mess with someone's head enough, you can turn a scared little kid into an all powerful bitch.
    only two things are infinite the universe, and human stupidity,
    and i'm not too sure about the universe -Albert Einstein

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ranku View Post
    that was kinda a diffent story, it wasn't untill someone pointed it out that i realized that was what was implied. a jerry springer moment like this however is a completely different in that it can't really be shown as anything else.
    Well if nickelodeon didnt decline the idea of making this a actual 90 minute episode we would prob had seen The search much sooner so this jerry springer stuff might had happend and korra might not had been 2-3 seasons longer
    - Vanilla was legitimately bad; we just didn't know any better at the time - SirCowDog

Heh... must be bad to get people so bent out of shape... Though really, don't people usually just take spin-off comics/books with a grain of salt whenever they are made? It's what I do. Is the writer/s of the comic a writer from the show? If not, you could just stick your fingers in your ears and say, "La la la!", for a little while until the topic is actually brought up in an episode.
    I AM the world's first Shadow Mage.

The moment we’ve all been waiting for has arrived. Janet Varney has officially announced that Book 2 of The Legend of Korra will air sometime “mid-April.”
    http://avatarthelegendofkorraonline....ddle-of-april/

Not sure if legit, but me happy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Treelife View Post
    Sooner than I expected.

Quote Originally Posted by Treelife View Post
    Guess I'm getting back into Saturday morning cartoons. It's been so long...
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

10+ Year Old Account
    Book 2.

This should fun, can't wait to see people tear it apart.
    Hey everyone

I wiki'ed it today, I didn't know Azula was Zuko's younger sister. I thought Azula was older. Wow, Zuko is really a chump lol. You think, him being older, he'd have been more skilled than Azula.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    I wiki'ed it today, I didn't know Azula was Zuko's younger sister. I thought Azula was older. Wow, Zuko is really a chump lol. You think, him being older, he'd have been more skilled than Azula.
    He was always a disaster at a young age compared to Azula. She was literally a prodigy, just sucks that's she's a crazy maniac, which was utterly her downfall.

10+ Year Old Account
    (Warning - The Search Part 1 spoilers)
    Hmmm. This means is that Zuko's scar and banishment were nothing to do with him "speaking out" at the general's meeting.
    It's hard to say how Ozai reacted the moment after he found out Zuko wasn't his son. He either immediately exiled Ursa, or Ursa ran away on her own accord. I'm thinking that he threatened Ursa by telling her that if she didn't immediately leave the fire nation that very night, he would kill Zuko. Sounds like something he wouldn't mind doing after being lied to like that...he's ruthless as fuck, and Zuko isn't his son.
    It would also connect with the night Ursa left, she said "no matter what I will always love you" and left. Sounds like something a mother would say when faced with the situation of either staying and watching her son die, or leaving and hoping he would survive. She didn't exactly have a choice.

Azula was already born (she is 1-2 years younger than Zuko in canon), her father is almost certainly Ozai. The writers have made that insane/evil link between father and daughter obvious enough. So Zuko grew up in Ozai's care with him full-well knowing Zuko wasn't his son, eventually giving him the scar and banishing him. It appears Ozai respected Ursa not to go back on his promise on not killing Zuko, but he still was a jerk to him for his entire youth. It would also mean Ozai never had any plans make Zuko firelord after finding out that he wasn't of his blood, Azula was technically the heir all along, so he sent him on a wild goose chase for the avatar. Everything is connecting

What do you guys think?

Oh also I have no issues with this being comics instead of animation. As someone who has been reading manga for a long time, I value a comic 100% as much as I value the animated version. Pictures can put through just the same amount of emotion and impact, sometimes even more. Just like a well-written book, no movie adaptation can ever beat that because the human mind does an EXCELLENT job at filling in the blanks with glorious imagination
    Last edited by Xuvial; 2013-03-28 at 10:12 PM.
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

Deleted
    I thought she was introduced as his sister even in S1, I'm sure Ozai is like "Your brother Zuko is a failure blah blah"
    I don't think she appeared in S1, only two I believe. And I think it was intended right away that she is Zuko's sister.

Also, better spoil some stuff, Muz.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    Oh also I have no issues with this being comics instead of animation. As someone who has been reading manga for a long time, I value a comic 100% as much as I value the animated version. Pictures can put through just the same amount of emotion and impact, sometimes even more. Just like a well-written book, no movie adaptation can ever beat that because the human mind does an EXCELLENT job at filling in the blanks with glorious imagination
    I think there should be both anime and comics. First you should read the manga/comics, then the anime because it simply makes everything more alive, also, nostalgia.

Btw, I didn't read your spoilers because it's related to the comic or wtv it is, and I haven't read that yet.
    She appears in the final scene of the finale on series 1. Unnamed though.
    She does? I recently watched everything again, I don't remember it all. >-<

10+ Year Old Account
    When is the next season coming out? The writers of avatar always write in things what the viewers want to see :P (except Appa)