10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aang View Post
    This is the way I view it, Nickelodeon is just keeping it at Fall 2013 because it's a placeholder, for all we know it could release in June or July. I don't think it will be Fall, it's too late and here's the funny thing, the voice actors have already stated the Book 2 is completely finished (even the animation) and that they are working on Book 3 already. Nickelodeon will decide when they want to release it, not the writers.
    seriously? they have the entire thing done, and aren't even stating when it will be released? what is wrong with nickelodeon? you would think that they would start to release something by now.
    Quote Originally Posted by ohshift View Post
    Mess with someone's head enough, you can turn a scared little kid into an all powerful bitch.
    only two things are infinite the universe, and human stupidity,
    and i'm not too sure about the universe -Albert Einstein

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ranku View Post
    seriously? they have the entire thing done, and aren't even stating when it will be released? what is wrong with nickelodeon? you would think that they would start to release something by now.
    Because you have to build a certain hype for it, business is business and deciding when to release it isn't as easy as you think. They want to make money off of it and thinking emotionally in business is a businesses downfall.
    Hey everyone

Quote Originally Posted by Muzual View Post
    http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/04/0...ver-art-reveal

as Shootandkill said, we were discussing the DVD release not Series 2
    NOOOOO! So wtf about season 2?!
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    NOOOOO! So wtf about season 2?!
    My guess is Summer but it's all up in the air. Everyone has to understand Nickelodeon will release it when they think they can get the most $$$'s from it, I don't blame them even though I'm dying to see it but as my post above said, "business is business."
    Hey everyone

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Muzual View Post
    It'll come eventually, just be patient and it'll be airing before you know it
    Words were said today and they were wise.
    Hey everyone

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh man! It's been pushed back?! :<

Much as it pains me, I can't see it being a Summer release. I would love it to be, so I could have a birthday episode too, but even with the kids off school I don't think it would get the audience ratings it would if it came out in Autumn instead.

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one.

10+ Year Old Account
    If I may ask here, this question relating to A:TLA (couldn't find an A:TLA thread on this forum):

IIRC, Aang didn't want to kill Ozai because he was raised and taught not to kill people. But, he is OK with letting Ozai suffer in a prison cell for the rest of his life? Suffering is a worse fate than ending of life.
    I dunno, I just watched the series and it seemed a bit odd.
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Auxis View Post
    If I may ask here, this question relating to A:TLA (couldn't find an A:TLA thread on this forum):

IIRC, Aang didn't want to kill Ozai because he was raised and taught not to kill people. But, he is OK with letting Ozai suffer in a prison cell for the rest of his life? Suffering is a worse fate than ending of life.
    Honestly, it's best we probably don't go down that road... It may become a GenOT thread if we do. :P
    Hey everyone

Word at what Duronos said. I saw your question in school today. "Suffering is a worse fate than death" is some philosophy General Off Topic would know.

(Although personally I'll say...sitting around in a jail cell getting fed and having Zuko bring you tea doesn't seem like suffering. You should try living with rheumatoid arthritis or terminal cancer, for a long time, if you want to know what suffering is.)

Ehm, maybe. It is a recurring theme that 'true' heroes never kill people - when they do they're usually anti-heroes - but it's always a source of a bit of cognitive dissonance when a character will unwaveringly adhere to the creed that 'killing is always wrong', but at the same time that character is still happy to throw the antagonist in the oubliette, a fate arguably worse than death. Still, you need to get rid of the enemy somehow...

At the end of the day, it is a show for kids, so it would be really weird to have the child protagonist kill off the main badguy, even if it was in self-defence; it might even be more in-line with Ang's character to let himself die rather than kill someone in self-defence. The Legend of Korra sort of got around this, though, by having Amon's fate out of Korra's hands (and so doesn't implicitly condone it when it happens), but... I don't know. This may just be over-analyzing what is ultimately a show for kids that aims to tell an entertaining story well. It would be a real downer if it veered off into a tangent on the morality of the death penalty and prison as punishment. Leave that for when they get a little older, eh?
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

That is a personal opinion. It's an easy argument to make: Killing is the end, you can't take it back. Life in prison at least puts the possibility of reform, no matter how slim the chance, and it's unlikely Ang is going to allow him to go to a concentration camp type prison.
    “Logic: The art of thinking and reasoning in strict accordance with the limitations and incapacities of the human misunderstanding.”
    "Conservative, n: A statesman who is enamored of existing evils, as distinguished from the Liberal who wishes to replace them with others."
    Ambrose Bierce
    The Bird of Hermes Is My Name, Eating My Wings To Make Me Tame.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well then there is that suicide scene from Korra, that is much worse than Aang killing Ozai.
    Hey everyone

Quote Originally Posted by Aang View Post
    Well then there is that suicide scene from Korra, that is much worse than Aang killing Ozai.
    Suicide scene? The one with her on the cliff? I never got that feel from it.... maybe I'm oblivious.

Quote Originally Posted by Neurology View Post
    Suicide scene? The one with her on the cliff? I never got that feel from it.... maybe I'm oblivious.
    The suicide scene is when tarrlok blows up the boat with amon and himself on it

Quote Originally Posted by Goremonger View Post
    A surprisingly harsh turn of events, if you ask me. Amon didn't seem like as bad a guy as Ozai, and I didn't see him as doomed to be a gaint, evil asshole for the rest of his life, as I did with Ozai. Just taking his bending away, the way that it had been demonstrated that the avatar had the ability to do, and putting him on trial for what he'd done, then letting him serve his time, seemed more appropriate than... y'know, killing him.
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cattlehunter View Post
    A surprisingly harsh turn of events, if you ask me. Amon didn't seem like as bad a guy as Ozai, and I didn't see him as doomed to be a gaint, evil asshole for the rest of his life, as I did with Ozai. Just taking his bending away, the way that it had been demonstrated that the avatar had the ability to do, and putting him on trial for what he'd done, then letting him serve his time, seemed more appropriate than... y'know, killing him.
    Well she never had the chance to capture him and besides he looked like a pretty powerful waterbender, did you see how just became a torpedo underwater when he escaped, I'm pretty sure that takes a good deal of strength to do that. I think what Tarlokk saw was the same thing repeating itself or he felt guilty about everything that had happened. He viewed his power as a curse and I think he wanted to kill off the secret of being able to bloodbend without the moon.

P.S. I may not be able to see Book 2 this year due to me going to the Yukon for a few months and then joining the Airforce for Pararescue afterwards... Oh how life loves me but it's all my choice of course.
    Last edited by Duronos; 2013-04-16 at 08:13 PM.
    Hey everyone

Deleted
    Sorry if this has already been said:

What is the release date of the second season?

I don't really understand the obsession with you guys and this. I'm willing to just wait until I start seeing commercials lol...

Btw why are you doing all that for Duronos?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bananarepublic View Post
    Sorry if this has already been said:

What is the release date of the second season?
    It has not been officially released. Just speculation currently.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    I don't really understand the obsession with you guys and this. I'm willing to just wait until I start seeing commercials lol...

Btw why are you doing all that for Duronos?
    I want too... Past 2 months have been totally different for me just because I want to be part of the Pararescue.
    Hey everyone

Quote Originally Posted by Goremonger View Post
    Oh yeah! Can't believe I forgot that part, I was quite shocked when it happened.