10+ Year Old Account
    There is always a website that has the Korra episode after it airs, I wouldn't worry.
    Hey everyone

Oh shit, is it this Friday?
    Yaaay.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ElyPop View Post
    Oh shit, is it this Friday?
    Yaaay.
    Just like being a kid all over again.
    Hey everyone

10+ Year Old Account
    THIS JUST IN! THERE IS A NEW TRAILER!

go nuts.
    Quote Originally Posted by ohshift View Post
    Mess with someone's head enough, you can turn a scared little kid into an all powerful bitch.
    only two things are infinite the universe, and human stupidity,
    and i'm not too sure about the universe -Albert Einstein

10+ Year Old Account
    Nice visuals. That's about all I can say, no point getting any hopes up for the characters/plot (especially the main trio).

It's looking less like the original AtLA's journey around the world helping people and more about repeatedly saving Republic City (or whatever city that was) from evil villains/super-monsters and then at the end everything returns to normal.

I'm not getting a sense of a final goal, as if they are unsure whether Nick will allow them further seasons.

BUT at least there are more flashbacks about previous avatars and possibly Aang/Zuko/Toph/Sokka/etc, that's what I'm mainly after.
    Last edited by Xuvial; 2013-09-11 at 12:13 AM.
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    Nice visuals. That's about all I can say, no point getting any hopes up for the characters/plot (especially the main trio).

It's looking less like the original AtLA's journey around the world helping people and more about repeatedly saving Republic City (or whatever city that was) from evil villains/super-monsters and then at the end everything returns to normal.

I'm not getting a sense of a final goal, as if they are unsure whether Nick will allow them further seasons.

BUT at least there are more flashbacks about previous avatars and possibly Aang/Zuko/Toph/Sokka/etc, that's what I'm mainly after.
    Saturday morning cartoon villain, eh? Considering they introduced Amon and killed him off in the span of a few episodes, (really, he wasn't in many episodes until the final few for God's sake) I can see it happening. While I don't mind there not being a central villain like Ozai/Fire Nation for the entire series, I do hope that there's at least some form of threat and sense of urgency.

Much how there are many complaints to be said with how the first book ended, I just HATE with a passion when nothing actually happens from the start of point A to the end of point B in anything. Case and point, how they ended the first book. They seriously had a war... a WAR, (it only lasted about two battles, but still) and nothing of value was lost... Oh wait... we know for a fact that Korra is bedding Mako, that's about it.

Fine, I'll still probably enjoy the season even if it's pretty much them switching Amon for evil spirit monsters, if they do it right. But I do hope there's more to it than that. And hey, if they can actually make me like the whole Korra/Mako thing, I'd say that's a job well done since I'm already booing at my screen at the thought of their inevitable lovey-dovey banter.

Though, I am curious with what they're doing with Asami. Sure, she was nonexistent in the first Book, (she existed to create a bad love-triangle, that's it) I could see some interesting stuff if done right. I just don't see her being a part of the main "team". They never really gave any good reason why she'd be attached to Bolin or Korra as real friends, only ever showing her so she could throw her arms around Mako, so I can't see a logical reason why she'd hang out with them after being royaly curb-stomped into the "I found a better girlfriend" bin. The nit-picky cynic in me says that's she's doomed from the start to stay as a bad and unnecissary character, but I'll give them hope.

AtLA improved with time, I don't see why LoK can't.
    I AM the world's first Shadow Mage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Asami's main role in Book 1 was to provide the tech, transport & money and play the high-class girl. And the later equip an electric glove and be just as effective as Korra/Mako at taking out enemies (possibly even more effective). Oh and the love triangle thing I guess. Her father helping the Equalists also played a part in the plot.

I hope we don't get more Pro Bending episodes. Good lord that sport is a bore to watch, since all 3 elements do exactly the same thing (hit people and throw them off).

I also hope far more attention is paid to the fighting choreography of the bending styles. In AtLA each bender literally lived and breathed their style, it made the world so believable and immersive. Ba Gua for Air, Northern Shaolin for Fire, Tai Chi for Water, Hung Gar for Earth.

But in LoK practically anyone can randomly flail their arms/legs around and pull elements out of their ass, their martial art seems to be completely independent of their element style and nothing seems to click. A seemingly normal punch can send any element flying, you never know. In the last episode Korra literally pulls airbending out of her ass by violently punching the air in sheer desperation (like a school bully would punch his victim)...and a spiral blast of air came out of her fist. WHAT. Aang would be ashamed.
    Last edited by Xuvial; 2013-09-11 at 01:18 AM.
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

10+ Year Old Account
    But in LoK practically anyone can randomly flail their arms/legs around and pull elements out of their ass, their martial art seems to be completely independent of their element style and nothing seems to click. A seemingly normal punch can send any element flying, you never know. In the last episode Korra literally pulls airbending out of her ass by violently punching the air in sheer desperation (like a school bully would punch his victim)...and a spiral blast of air came out of her fist. WHAT. Aang would be ashamed.
    haven't we covered this before? all the bending we have seen is mainly from probenders who by the way all have a different style of bending somewhat derived from different styles of boxing. (i don't know of any names actually) and note how when korra airbends, she happens to be using mainly hooks and is moving her fist in a spiral motion. quite similar to the airbender's spiral motions key to their art. the boxing is there simply because the typical styles aren't exactly suited for the ring and leave people too open (said as much in the show)
    Quote Originally Posted by ohshift View Post
    Mess with someone's head enough, you can turn a scared little kid into an all powerful bitch.
    only two things are infinite the universe, and human stupidity,
    and i'm not too sure about the universe -Albert Einstein

Asami's main role in Book 1 was to provide the tech, transport & money and play the high-class girl. And the later equip an electric glove and be just as effective as Korra/Mako at taking out enemies (possibly even more effective). Oh and the love triangle thing I guess. Her father helping the Equalists also played a part in the plot.

I hope we don't get more Pro Bending episodes. Good lord that sport is a bore to watch, since all 3 elements do exactly the same thing (hit people and throw them off).

I also hope far more attention is paid to the fighting choreography of the bending styles. In AtLA each bender literally lived and breathed their style, it made the world so believable and immersive. Ba Gua for Air, Northern Shaolin for Fire, Tai Chi for Water, Hung Gar for Earth.

Eh... Just take out Asami, what would really be lost? Sure, she's the "token" non-bender of the group. But what comes of it? There's really no point other than it would look silly in a bender vs. non-bender plot if they simply made the idea of all capable non-benders are bad guys.

Yes, she introduces them to Sato, but did she need to? Him sponsoring them was just to be used as an introduction for the reveal that he's a bad guy, but they didn't need her to be dating Mako for that to happen. And her ability to get them a car is rather pointless since Korra has Naga. Why give the Avatar her Not-Appa to only have it sit on the sidelines? Hell, she even had her own car from the one Tarlokk gave her. Sure, she sent it back, but she could also not have in the new Asami-less LoK universe.

I've already said how I'd like more non-benders to be seen in the show, but Asami really isn't the spearhead for this. The fact that she's a non-bender really isn't even explored in the context of the story except for when she acts all bitchy when Korra accuses her dad then it blows up in her face. Just, as it stands, her only real purpose is for the bad romantic tension between Korra and Mako, to form a romance that doesn't even make sense.

Bloodsail Admiral Brightamethyst's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    This is one of the main problems with the show. It's to close to TLA. It's hard to get excited about the new cast when the old one still has such a large presence in the world. I wish they would have skipped a generation to get us a bit farther removed from TLA.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brightamethyst View Post
    This is one of the main problems with the show. It's to close to TLA. It's hard to get excited about the new cast when the old one still has such a large presence in the world. I wish they would have skipped a generation to get us a bit farther removed from TLA.
    To be fair, I'm more interested in the first Avatar.
    Hey everyone

Quote Originally Posted by ranku View Post
    THIS JUST IN! THERE IS A NEW TRAILER!

go nuts.
    Stupid work, grumble grumble grumble... I'll have to remember to come back later.

10+ Year Old Account
    My hopes for Book 2 aren't very high, something about Korra doesn't feel as good to me. I just hope it's good, just give me something to watch before I go to Basic Training, something to give me a reason to be excited every week.
    Hey everyone

Quote Originally Posted by Aang View Post
    My hopes for Book 2 aren't very high, something about Korra doesn't feel as good to me. I just hope it's good, just give me something to watch before I go to Basic Training, something to give me a reason to be excited every week.
    Eh, like I said, AtLA improved as it went on, there's no reason why Korra can't.

I'm sure they've seen fan reactions to what they've done wrong and will learn from that. And with their expanded seasons there's no excuse that, "Well, we didn't have enough episodes to make it better," to be used.

Even I have lower expectations than I did when first waiting for the series to begin, but I'll still eagerly await what they come up with. Sure, there might be problems, but I'm sure there will be parts and the like that I still enjoy all the same, much like I did with the first Book.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zonas View Post
    Eh, like I said, AtLA improved as it went on, there's no reason why Korra can't.

I'm sure they've seen fan reactions to what they've done wrong and will learn from that. And with their expanded seasons there's no excuse that, "Well, we didn't have enough episodes to make it better," to be used.

Even I have lower expectations than I did when first waiting for the series to begin, but I'll still eagerly await what they come up with. Sure, there might be problems, but I'm sure there will be parts and the like that I still enjoy all the same, much like I did with the first Book.
    To be fair, I actually loved A:TLA's Book One. I think Book Two is the worst one of the three though I do not mean it's bad, in fact it's very good, just not as good as Book One or the great legendary Book Three.
    Hey everyone

It is time

'Kay, totally calling it here. Korra's Uncle is totally a bad-ish guy...

Like the typical, "means justify the end, so I can justify my evil stuff." To make him one of those, I can see where he's going, type of villains.

Considering he looks like Tarlokk's evil twin... And just look at those hair danglies.... they are the evil moustache of the Avatar world... Just wait, we'll get a long, drawn out monologue from him about how he's manipulating the spirits to bring things back to the way they were before, blah blah blah, dead in one fight scene.

10+ Year Old Account
    Interesting is all I have to say...

I can't watch this, Korra as a character is just UGH!!!!
    Last edited by Duronos; 2013-09-14 at 12:03 AM.
    Hey everyone

I knew korras uncle is a snake!

It seemed too well timed, the spirits attacking, korras uncle showing up the spirit festival a spirit attacking kora and her uncle showing up to save her.

K, so the good: Mako isn't completely plain anymore. The Mako/Korra relationship isn't as grinding as before. Some of the new characters are genuinely interesting (the twins, the uncle, kya) and I am really curious to see where this goes. I'm also very happy they're making use of Jinora somehow. She is the best of the airbender kids.

Now, the bad: WELP Asami is still just there. Bolin has been relegated to PURE comic relief now. Korra seems to have regressed in maturity. Tonraq's voice actor is kinda bad. The show overall seems more comedy focused now than drama with a touch of comedy. It felt like it tried too hard to be funny at times.

Also, the stream I was watching (no TV at school) was shut down around 7:55, right after Korra walks out of the woods. What did I miss?
    Last edited by Drikkink; 2013-09-14 at 12:06 AM.