Quote Originally Posted by Ergar View Post
    Why does the ammount of platinum on earth have anything to do with this? It's a world where people can bend the fucking elements ffs. I don't think the ammount of some bloody mineral in there matters.
    why does saying platinum isn't rare in avatar land make people upset? i'm just stating a fact. a convenient plot point to explain away why you can't just bend the colossus.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Denkou View Post
    I think there are too many loose ends though. What happens to Zaheer? Toph and the Bei Fong family? Does Korra ever reconnect with her past lives? There's a lot of material there if they want to make another series but I believe they said that this is it.
    Well to be honest, The last airbender ended with loose ends as well, though some were later addressed in the comics, so here's hoping they do that for Lok too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Denkou View Post
    Just finished watching it and I'm pretty disappointed. Seemed kinda anticlimactic. I would have liked to see more fighting between Korra and Kuvira. Korra kinda doesn't do much at all except at the very end when she makes the new portal, other than that she wasn't involved much. I liked the coordinated team effort, it reminded me of The Last Airbender book 3 midseason finale (Day of the Black Sun or whatever). Don't care too much for Korrasami but I'm not against it either. You can make it out to be whatever you want, its rather ambiguous. I think there are too many loose ends though. What happens to Zaheer? Toph and the Bei Fong family? Does Korra ever reconnect with her past lives? There's a lot of material there if they want to make another series but I believe they said that this is it.

As far as the entire series go, I would rank it like this, from best to worst:

Book 1
    Book 3
    Book 2
    Book 4

And I think The Last Airbender is still by far a better show as a whole. Both have their strengths and weaknesses of course, but I think Aang wins this one. When I look back at Legend of Korra, I see a show that had so much potential in the first couple of seasons, but got gradually worse starting in book 3. Time constraints led to a lot of issues (less episodes than The Last Airbender meant less time for character development) and I feel like the creators/writers wanted to make the show go in one direction while Nick wanted it to go in another.

Despite all its shortcomings, I'm still a bit sad that the Avatar series as we know it has come to an end, at least for now. Fingers crossed that a new series will be made sometime in the future. Maybe this time a prequel to The Last Airbender? A show around Avatar Roku would be amazing.
    Maybe Nick will sell off the Avatar universe to Mike and Bryke. I'm sure they could find a company that would fund them and let them do anything they wanted.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Raego View Post
    Well to be honest, The last airbender ended with loose ends as well, though some were later addressed in the comics, so here's hoping they do that for Lok too.
    Aye that is true.

One thing I loved about a show called Star Wars: The Clone Wars was that it pretty had episodes that were just there to be an adventure and that's it. In many ways I would have loved a series after A:TLA's official ending. It's hard to see such a great show end, it really is. Maybe we could have a show where there is an Avatar but the Avatar isn't the protagonist and isn't fully realized yet there is a threat looming but hasn't become big yet.
    Hey everyone

I love the show, and liked all 3 previous seasons, but season 4 was the worst by far and the finale was lukewarm at best.

Elephant in the room: Korrasami. Any place discussing Avatar will not shut the fuck up about this. This ship is a forced as Makorra, and twice as annoying as Zutara.

Pros:
    I enjoyed seeing the spirit cannon nuke most of republic city. The way it sliced off the top of several buildings was sweet as hell.
    The airbenders flying around like mosquitoes was funny as hell.
    More Asami and Hiroshi bonding and Hiroshi getting smushed like a bug.
    Varrick and Zhu Li doing their thing and the wedding.
    Opal was barely in it.
    Tahno cameo again. No sexy voice though.
    Kuvira wasting no time again and tossing the wrecked spirit cannon. Too bad Su and Lin didnt die.
    Bolin's lava disk and Mako almost blowing himself up.

Cons:
    Korrasami. Bryke honestly thought they were treading new ground with Makorra because they were in a love-hate relationship. They probably think they are now pioneers in making their characters gay, and judging by all of the victory blogs, shippers agree.
    Once again, Korra has a heart to heart with everyone in the original team avatar, except for Bolin.
    Kuvira being talked into loosing. I was hoping she'd be defiant to the end.
    Bataar Jr being too dense to realize why Kuvira shot at him. "Loyalty to your country or loyalty to me?"
    Suyin's smug arrest of Kuvira. Apparently criminals are only worth redemption if they dont betray The Matriarch. Also, chances are she's gunna pull a Toph and keep her son out of jail. Apparently you can get away scott free with crimes if you're a Beifong.
    Prince Wu just being a giant waste of time. He had more screen time than Mako.
    Korrasami is Neo-Zutara but canon.

All in all, it was an OK wrap up to the season, but not series.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Toph Beifong View Post
    Maybe Nick will sell off the Avatar universe to Mike and Bryke. I'm sure they could find a company that would fund them and let them do anything they wanted.
    I'm sure if this happened they would have no problem finding a new home for it. I feel like Nick was a suitable host for the first series, but not so much for Korra. It's clear that they wanted to explore darker and more "grown-up" themes yet the fact that it was still a Nickelodeon show held them back. I'm not saying that it needs ultraviolent death scenes and blood and guts everywhere but it was definitely limited. I give them props, though, some of the deaths (i.e. Earth Queen, P'li) were pretty gruesome, even if they were very brief and lacking in detail.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Toph Beifong View Post
    I really hope they do that. I'm really afraid of what Nick could do while they still own the Avatar license.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raego View Post
    I really hope they do that. I'm really afraid of what Nick could do while they still own the Avatar license.
    I'm not afraid of that, it's just more of, "it's there but not going to be used".
    Hey everyone

Did they ever wrap up Korra losing her connection to her past lives? I mean they say the Avatar is the reincarnation of their past lives, and Aang wasn't Bi... unless that is the twist....
    Last edited by Very Tired; 2014-12-19 at 11:14 AM.

First post on this thread, but ERHMAGERD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! KORRASAMI HAPPENED, KORRASAMI HAPPENED.

/nosebleed.

I swear to god I didn't think they'd do it, when Mako approached Korra near the end I was like "don't you fucking dare, don't you fucking dare to hook them up again, we've been through this shit before" and drew a sigh of relief when he just reaffirmed his friendship and loyalty to her.

But then they basically recreate the last scene of TLA with Korra and Asami. Too bad they couldn't actually show a kiss due to stupid nickelodeon. Ugh but its not fair, now the show is over and I can't know "for sure" that its official. They NEED to address this in some way, even if its just a tweet saying "yes, its official".

My hope is that they do an epilogue comic. They did one for Zuko's Mom, why not one showing us the much dreamed on Korrasami actually being real?

Quote Originally Posted by Senjumaru Shutara View Post
    Why couldn't this happen in the show? T_T

Por que odiar si amar es mas dulce? (*^_^*)

Quote Originally Posted by Ergar View Post
    To anyone who feels depressed as fuck atm, just remember these two quotes:

"All good things come to an end"
    "don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened"

Has helped me in the past, and helps me atm.
    Wow thanks, NOW I'm sad and depressed.
    Your you're own enemy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    Did they ever wrap up Korra losing her connection to her past lives? I mean they say the Avatar is the reincarnation of their past lives, and Aang wasn't Bi... unless that is the twist....
    No they didn't. I really wish they did. It just feels weird.

Quote Originally Posted by Alixie View Post
    Cons:
    Bataar Jr being too dense to realize why Kuvira shot at him. "Loyalty to your country or loyalty to me?"
    No only that, but he was so sure that it was invencible that he was sad when he described the robot.
    Why the heck did'nt he have this attitude before Kovira shot him?
    "I will tell you because it won't help you in the slightless."
    Your you're own enemy.

Quote Originally Posted by arceuid View Post
    why does saying platinum isn't rare in avatar land make people upset? i'm just stating a fact. a convenient plot point to explain away why you can't just bend the colossus.
    You mean like making a giant EMP out of a tower with a few electric cables? Or Spirit vines?

Uggghhhhhhh, I'm so sad right now... Why does it have to be over? But atleast we got a very satisfying ending. And Korrasami was awesome, I just loved the way they handled it, it just seems perfect. All these small hints all along together with the final scene. Damn you Nick, I want more!!

Sign me up for a week of "post-series depression".
    Especially now that the series is wrapped up.

I like that in this day and age, the term "just friends" for girl + girl or guy + guy doesn't seem to apply anymore. Why do people have to turn everything into a gay thing? Asami lost her father, her company and Korra has had an even worse time. How does a vacation with your best friend after all that turn you into a gay couple cause you entered the spirit world together holding hands?

Saw it from a fucking million miles away. Progressive/10
    Okay ending for a season, pretty bland for a series finale.Having it just end on theme entering the spirit portal now leaves us completely in the dark about everything else, and we may not get something like the comics like TLA.
    Last edited by Chinese Bootlickers; 2014-12-19 at 01:35 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm literally crying right now. In my opinion the best ending they could have given the series, although i'd like to see more of the other characters too.
    I come across a quiet river, that wonders through the trees.
    I stare into its running waters and fall unto my knees.
    In resignation to the forest, that's held me for so long.
    I close my eyes and drift away into nature's evensong.

Just finished it. Was counting down the last 8 minutes hoping for some kind of cool closure, and didn't think I was gonna get it.

Then that last part of who Korra talks to, i was so F'nnn happy. Look to a bud and said "I will be so happy for just some hand holding".

So happy right now, wish they cut out a lot of the nonsense at the end and had some more closure with other people though :/

10+ Year Old Account
    Well that ending......weird.
    Probaly is gona spawn a lot more fan art, now that is true.
    Don't sweat the details!!!