Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Roggles View Post
    I chose human because I like their animations. I dislike the "FOR THE QUEEN TROLOLOLOLO PRAISE OUR GODS" mindset most humans have, but there are exceptions and I shall be one. I finally chose warrior because I like straightforward smash people to pieces playstyle. Was going to go guardian, but decided I don't like helping people.
    I actually like the GW gods.. >.>
    I mean, I don't like the idea of blindly following a religion, but I like the lore behind the gods and whatnot in the GW universe.
    Besides Kormir. Yeah, I went there.

Sylvari <- Lore is impressive and unique. Their look is just amazing since the revamp.

Engineer <- Flamethrower Kit? Yeahhh....so there! Love the idea of turrets and w/e.

My 2nd will either be a Sylvari Mesmer or a Mouse Thief. I mean Asura. lol

I am fond of short races, because of WoW and the fact that, until recently, my 7 80+ toons were nearly only Gnomes or Goblins (Cept the Druid and Pally, those were Nelf and Dwarf)

toomanyrifts.blogspot.ca || A Gaming Blog

10+ Year Old Account
    I will be I think making an Asura elementalist thinking water/fire spec leaning as my main. But also want a sylvari warrior using 2h swords and a human rogue using two pistols. The imagery of those really got to me. I might try some of the other classes but they really don't interest me as much when I can run around shooting guns and fireballs, or play a treelady who chops evildoers down.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xerra View Post
    and a human rogue using two pistols.
    That got to me too. I'm pretty sure I'd like to mostly use dual daggers and dual pistols

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Agile Emily View Post
    That got to me too. I'm pretty sure I'd like to mostly use dual daggers and dual pistols
    Yeah I think I will go with 2 daggers as my weapon swap but focus my traits on pistols crit damage and I think venoms.

How they look in armor.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Delias View Post
    I actually like the GW gods.. >.>
    I mean, I don't like the idea of blindly following a religion, but I like the lore behind the gods and whatnot in the GW universe.
    Besides Kormir. Yeah, I went there.
    Basically the way I'm treating the human gods in GW2 is like how Conan treats krom. Grant me vengeance OR TO HELL WITH YOU!

10+ Year Old Account
    Behind you, what I'm not? Then who's this person I'm behind?
    Quote Originally Posted by Blznsmri View Post
    Is Blazing Samurai a name, or a person? Is he the same man that survived the Searing to stop the Titans, Shiro, Abaddon and the Great Destroyer, or is he a number of exceptional Rangers that have just taken up the name?

(I don't have anything clever for my future Norn Warrior-ess and Sylvari Guardian thought of yet...)
    Huh so that's where your name comes from..........I just thought you rolled your face across your keyboard, and went ahead with what you got ^.^.
    Last edited by Pud'n; 2012-03-22 at 10:46 PM.

Deleted
    I think I'm gonna go human elementalist, why? Bad ass fire magic that's why!

Either that or thief because dual pistols rock \m/

Deleted
    I'm going for Asura Elementalist because being short is awesome :P and I like the complexity of the class or possibly a Charr double axed Warrior with lodsa critt and bleed....

Going Sylvari Mesmer
    We are gonna have to PvP together. We shall bring mass chaos to others!

Basically the title. What made you choose the particular race and professions combo you'll be playing from the start?

For me? I chose Asura because I really like their animations all around, from running to combat. It all looks really fluid to me and I just like the vibe I get from their genius and goofy-like race. Not to mention their capital city looks really bada$$, I mean its a floating city!!!

As for the Ranger class, I've never made an archer class in an MMo before.... EVER! Theres that and their ranged game play in general really reminds me of the Wizard from DAoC, good decent ranged damage which was pretty fun in RvR or in GW2's case... WvW, especially in keep-warfare!
    Sylvari... mysterious, searching for a purpose, a bit... awkward, bisexuals, whats not to love?
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Deleted
    My backup choice would have been a sylvari, actually. The thing that put me off of them a little was the architechture of their home. Doesnt appeal to me as much as some of the others.

10+ Year Old Account
    Behind you, what I'm not? Then who's this person I'm behind?
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    We are gonna have to PvP together. We shall bring mass chaos to others!

Sylvari... mysterious, searching for a purpose, a bit... awkward, bisexuals, whats not to love?
    Ughhh I hate it when people quote me, it makes me go back and see how crappy my spelling is >.<.

And it's nice to see someone else see the fabulousness in Sylvari Mesmers as well .

10+ Year Old Account
    Sylvari Necromancer.

Necro cuz I love dark themes. Sylvari cuz they would seem to be the most attractive choice for a class that manipulates life force, not everything involved with death is blood and guts.

10+ Year Old Account
    To everyone though who is going Sylvari the real question is are you going to be pro nightmare court.

Can't decide until I play.

Quote Originally Posted by Army of Darkness View Post
    Ughhh I hate it when people quote me, it makes me go back and see how crappy my spelling is >.<.

And it's nice to see someone else see the fabulousness in Sylvari Mesmers as well .
    I'm having a sylvari mesmer
    All that green and purple butterflies = awesome.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Delias View Post
    .. aren't the charr the only 'hurr durr my muscles are bigger' race in that video?
    I realize the norn are in actuality, but in the video all she talks about is the spirits.. >.>

Edit; ffs, the first line the norn says is "Strength is nothing without wisdom." to the charr.
    How the trailer makes you think everyone but asura is 'hurr durr my muscles are larger than yours' is beyond me.
    The Charr are all about conquering the world through war with their war machines.
    The Humans are all about avenging their fallen cities and conquering the world through war.
    The Norn... are spiritualists and don't actually talk about conquering the world.
    The Sylvari, as mentioned, are just curious about everything.
    The Asura literally say (don't remember the exact quote) that brains, not brawn, will rule the world.

Quod erat demonstrandum.

10+ Year Old Account
    Guardian because it's as close as you can get to monk/healer and best for team support.

Charr, because they are fierce kitties, and because of Rytlock

Quote Originally Posted by Jigain View Post
    The Charr are all about conquering the world through war with their war machines.
    The Humans are all about avenging their fallen cities and conquering the world through war.
    The Norn... are spiritualists and don't actually talk about conquering the world.
    The Sylvari, as mentioned, are just curious about everything.
    The Asura literally say (don't remember the exact quote) that brains, not brawn, will rule the world.

Quod erat demonstrandum.
    But.. you said that judging from the video, the Asura were the only ones who weren't like "hurr durr my muscles are larger than yours".
    The only ones who talk about strength and seem like they would want to show off their strength in that video are the Charr.
    I was just saying that if we're talking about that video, Asura could not be the only ones who didn't care about brawn if Charr were the only ones who DID.