457 Mail Physical DPS Head Deadly Retinal Armor
    457 Miscellaneous Trinket Pandaren Dragonling
    457 Leather Spell DPS Head Camouflage Retinal Armor
    457 Plate Melee Head Reinforced Retinal Armor
    457 Leather Physical DPS Head Agile Retinal Armor
    457 Cloth Spell DPS Head Lightweight Retinal Armor
    457 Plate Spell DPS Head Specialized Retinal Armor
    457 Mail Spell DPS Head Energized Retinal Armor

I hope there is a new cool model for them.

And I also hope that they will lift schematic class restrictions so we can transmog different goggle colors of the same armor type.

Will be cool to get some new goggles, I just hope that we'll see some improvements through the patches. In Cata we didn't get any love during patches, would be nice if we could keep our goggles for a while longer than the 1st tier. =P

Helm and shoulders were the most difficult slots to upgrade in Cata, if the same holds true there's no reason to need/expect future upgrades.

10+ Year Old Account
    Always loved the goggles, but don't think I'll get engineering again.

I beg blizz to make use of these for more then just 2 months / first patch! :<

Herald of the Titans Deathgoose's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It seems to me that instead of how the cogs were implimented (as in huge stats that only went in goggles with no secondary stats to put them back to roughly on par with helms that had secondary, but then become obsolete after the first patch when high iLvL helms came out), they should have been implimented as essentially an engineer only meta gem, with roughly equivalent stats, and taken THAT slot.

That way, no matter the iLvL of the helm, the cogs don't become obsolete until the next xpac, as opposed to the first patch.

No..

They just need to make it so every new content drops a engineering pattern that you can update your current goggles to with a new updated model and increased stats (just like how pvp sets slowly build up ontop of eachother into a more elite looking set). Just making a helm ONCE and never replacing your helm for the entire expansion would be boring....and would be stupid because then the goggles would have to be made retardly good at the start....and then everyone would go engineering...until the helm finally becomes replaceable 3 months before 6.0 patch after MoPs finished.
    Last edited by primusl0l; 2012-03-22 at 08:51 PM.

Deleted
    Got Engineering + Jewelcrafting, so will go for a nice Head + trinket + blue rings when I get to max level

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by primusl0l View Post
    No..

They just need to make it so every new content drops a engineering pattern that you can update your current goggles to with a new updated model and increased stats (just like how pvp sets slowly build up ontop of eachother into a more elite looking set). Just making a helm ONCE and never replacing your helm for the entire expansion would be boring....and would be stupid because then the goggles would have to be made retardly good at the start....and then everyone would go engineering...until the helm finally becomes replaceable 3 months before 6.0 patch after MoPs finished.

Yeah, they should just be upgrade-able. It really should take a few minutes to make a schematic and add it to the loot tables..

and turning Cogwheels into just another gem? No thanks, Blizzard can be more creative than that. What's the point of letting the goggles fall into obscurity and focus on the cogwheels?

these helms are worse than heroic dungeon piece?? hopefully this will get change :/
    http://oce.op.gg/summoner/userName=dw+soul+roc in oceanic now Lol

5172-1206-0622 pokemon FC Lets Battle!!

Herald of the Titans Kuni Zyrekai's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Not strictly related to the goggles, but engineering in general:

http://www.wowdb.com/spells/109099-b...ergliding-jets
    http://www.wowdb.com/spells/109077-g...works-launcher
    http://www.wowdb.com/spells/108789-g...-phase-fingers

So it seems like the idea is the goggles become a first tier bonus, but the actual profession int/agi/str piece will be another glove enchant. Just have to wait for the DPS one to show up.

Deleted
    Finally, a glove tinker for tanks.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuni Zyrekai View Post
    Not strictly related to the goggles, but engineering in general:

http://www.wowdb.com/spells/109099-b...ergliding-jets
    Awesome, but I hate that its a belt tinker. So many fun tinkers that I can't use because they are all for the same slot.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathgoose View Post
    It seems to me that instead of how the cogs were implimented (as in huge stats that only went in goggles with no secondary stats to put them back to roughly on par with helms that had secondary, but then become obsolete after the first patch when high iLvL helms came out), they should have been implimented as essentially an engineer only meta gem, with roughly equivalent stats, and taken THAT slot.

That way, no matter the iLvL of the helm, the cogs don't become obsolete until the next xpac, as opposed to the first patch.
    I approve of this idea.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by boredisboring13 View Post
    Awesome, but I hate that its a belt tinker. So many fun tinkers that I can't use because they are all for the same slot.
    Well, you can have your main belt tinker on your regular belt, and then collect special belts just for engineering that will have your other more situational belt tinkers. Kind of like engineering belts

There are new cogwheels for MoP listed on Wowhead:

mop.wowhead.com/search?q=tinker%27s+gear

I have not found them in the Beta, and I've asked and asked on here and the WoW forums. No one has responded that they've found them in game, or have information when they will be added.

If anyone has seen them or has any additional information about them, please respond.

10+ Year Old Account
    seems like the ilvl on the helmet is a bit low? or am i mistaken?
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    seems like the ilvl on the helmet is a bit low? or am i mistaken?
    its on same ilvl as raid finder for mogu palace but its still very nice helm for entry raid level (also helms are hard to get and you wont be seeing any tier items 5 weeks after the launch)
    http://oce.op.gg/summoner/userName=dw+soul+roc in oceanic now Lol

5172-1206-0622 pokemon FC Lets Battle!!