Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

[Pokemon] Gen IV battle anyone?

I purchased Heart Gold about 2 weeks ago for nostalgia, and now that I've beaten red, I want to see how my team fair against a real person.
    It will be with the rules Flat Battle, No restriction due to my mon's not being lvl 100 yet.

If you want to battle, here is my friend code: 2236 9330 9365
    Both of us need eachothers code so you will have to write your's down in the thread aswell
    And ofcourse you need Wifi connection

who knows, if eunogh ppl answer, we could get a 2 vs 2 battle aswell.

(Gen IV is Soul silver, Heart gold, Diamond, Pearl, Platinum)

Wait what. HeartGold has an online function?!

Deleted
    well, ofcourse. All Gen IV has wifi function.

Didn't realize this. Now I'm really tempted to buy one of those.

Any version you could recommend me? I'm currently edging between HeartGold, Platinum and White. Can't seem to come to a decision.

Deleted
    Well, I havent played since Gen II, so I dunno :P, Heart gold was pretty fun to play through, but as for Platinum and white, you will have to ask somone else

Well, honestly, the only thing that's holding me back is the new look of the whole game. I'm not sure wether I like the 3D elements in the game.. Seems to me they lose the feel of the older games.

I could just as well replay my Gold version on the DS instead of buying HeartGold if the 3D isn't that impressive..

Deleted
    Well, if you like nostalgia, you get a device when you take down all 16 gyms which apply old Gold/Silver/Crystal music to the game. And Imo, old music is better in most cases, exept the gym battle music, which is awesome. Another great thing is the gym leader rematches, the Battle Frontier, and the wifi.

Aight. I think I'll go ahead and buy it. Thanks for the help!

HeartGold/SoulSilver are the best pokemon games, period. Obviously blue holds a very special place in my heart but HG/SS are just <3 so so good, I still play with mates in various battles. Sometimes I wish they had every multiplayer option from all games, but I guess they had to hold some stuff back lol. Just dont over grind, if there is one complaint it's that the game is a bit too easy, but that is very easilly overcome by not autistically mega grinding like we all used to!

Go buy black/white, re-makes of silver/gold really aint that fun if you played originales...

Black/white is superior in every aspect. Or if you can afford it, buy both. Anyway just gonna say black/white is by far the best pokemon games made in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightelfsb View Post
    Go buy black/white, re-makes of silver/gold really aint that fun if you played originales...
    I played my original copy of silver so much that the little battery inside the cartridge died and it won't keep save files anymore.

HG/SS are my favorite games of the entire series so far. It was just the perfect combination of all of their work up until that point.
    I can't play B/W as much just because the interface of HG/SS was so well done. Just the chore of manipulating pokemon inside PC boxes was made totally streamlined in HG/SS with the touch screen, and then they botched it in B/W.

And I'll forever be sad that pokemon don't follow your character anymore.

It was the little things, really.

So with all that said, I'd recommend buying a combo of HG or SS, and platinum. Platinum was a great too.
    B/W was good, but I couldn't get as hooked on it as I did with Gen 4.

10+ Year Old Account
    shame my game uses an older security mode or w/e so i cant go online dsi browser works but has such little memory why bother

Deleted
    I used to have that problem, but it is not very hard to swich from WPA2 or w/e u use, into WEP which you need to enter wifi online mode on the DS. Just follow a guide on the internet and you should be able to wifi in no-time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah but switching from WPA2 to WEP makes your wireless network less secure.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowspace View Post
    I played my original copy of silver so much that the little battery inside the cartridge died and it won't keep save files anymore.

HG/SS are my favorite games of the entire series so far. It was just the perfect combination of all of their work up until that point.
    I can't play B/W as much just because the interface of HG/SS was so well done. Just the chore of manipulating pokemon inside PC boxes was made totally streamlined in HG/SS with the touch screen, and then they botched it in B/W.

And I'll forever be sad that pokemon don't follow your character anymore.

It was the little things, really.

So with all that said, I'd recommend buying a combo of HG or SS, and platinum. Platinum was a great too.
    B/W was good, but I couldn't get as hooked on it as I did with Gen 4.
    Same here. I actually bought a new soldering set (old one was too big) and some batteries to replace them by hand. There's a really good guide on youtube where this kid does it with his father.

The battery failure is the only thing that's been keeping me from playing Gold and forcing me to play Ruby instead.

Deleted
    Now that the discussion is done with, anyone actually want to have a battle?

Deleted
    I wanna battle you, my name is TYROX and my friend code is: 4341 7652 4248

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Enethil View Post
    Now that the discussion is done with, anyone actually want to have a battle?
    add me on skype tyrox1992

I recently purchased both HG and SS. I haven't beaten red yet, But I'm still up for some battles.

Also looking to trade pokemon as well.

What kind of pokemon are you looking for?