Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    Deleted

List of Paladin beta changes

Here is a list of changes to the paladin class found playing so far (feel free to add if i'm missing something):

- Seals bar instead of the aura bar (same position)
    - New animation for templar's Virdict (a vertical slash new animation)
    - Templar's virdict and Divine storm can't be used with less than 3 holy power
    - Divine shield new spell effect 8 a shiny new bubble)
    - Divine Protection now is a 40% spell dmg reduction (like the glyphed version of today). Glyph turns it in a 20% physical 20% magic.
    - Repentance has a cast time and no cd but still race specific
    - Exorcism no cast time
    - Cleanse seems to have no cd when it doens't remove debuffs (testing)
    - Shield of the righteous requires 3 holy power minimun too
    - new animation for Ardent defender (swirling shields around the paladin)
    - Fist of justice seems to proc seal
    - New spell animations for protection procs
    - Aveger's shield hurls faster

All the 3 Heals flash, holy light and divine light are usable by protection and retribution paladins too even though they aren't in the list of avaible spells

---------- Post added 2012-03-22 at 04:20 PM ----------

Turn evil is still avaiable wih a new icon

Holy Wrath new icon and Protection only spell (instead of holy)
    Holy has a new fireball spammable spell Denounce that prevents critical strikes
    Last edited by mmoc9538ab2331; 2012-03-24 at 12:12 PM. Reason: update

Quote Originally Posted by Evilgab View Post
    Here is a list of changes to the paladin class found playing so far (feel free to add if i'm missing something):

- Seals bar instead of the aura bar (same position)
    - New animation for templar's Virdict (a vertical slash new animation)
    - Templar's virdict and Divine storm can't be used with less than 3 holy power
    - Divine shield new spell effect 8 a shiny new bubble)
    - Divine Protection now is a 40% spell dmg reduction (like the glyphed version of today). Glyph turns it in a 20% physical 20% magic.
    - Repentance has a cast time and no cd but still race specific
    - Exorcism no cast time
    - Cleanse seems to have no cd when it doens't remove debuffs (testing)
    - Shield of the righteous requires 3 holy power minimun too
    - Fist of justice seems to proc seal
    - New spell animations for protection procs
    - Aveger's shield hurls faster

All the 3 Heals flash, holy light and divine light are usable by protection and retribution paladins too even though they aren't in the list of avaible spells

---------- Post added 2012-03-22 at 04:20 PM ----------

Turn evil is still avaiable wih a new icon
    Flash of Light is listed as usable for Prot and Ret (same with WoG), but Holy Light and Divine Light aren't supposed to be.

Deleted
    crusade: now makes your next flash of light heal for 300% instead of holy light -> ret only (wonder how that works with the talent)
    exorcism ret only, instantly generates 1 holypower 20 sec cd (refreshed by aow)

Quote Originally Posted by Viglante View Post
    crusade: now makes your next flash of light heal for 300% instead of holy light -> ret only (wonder how that works with the talent)
    exorcism ret only, instantly generates 1 holypower 20 sec cd (refreshed by aow)
    is this what they ment by more ways to gain HP as ret? or is there other new ways aswell?
    "I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." (Albert Einstein)

Can someone confirm/deny that Avenging Wrath is no longer dispellable?

10+ Year Old Account
    ooh I like the new seals bar, seals are off GCD now right? I like the idea of swapping seals around depending on the situation.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

And are there any changes to the paladin talent tree?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Krunk View Post
    And are there any changes to the paladin talent tree?
    Holy Avenger
    2 min cd
    20 sec duration

same as old zealotry (your hp generator makes 3 hp)

Can someone please post a video or screen shot of the new Retribution and Protection spell animations? It would be much appreciated

Deleted
    Can someone please post a video or screen shot of the new Retribution and Protection spell animations? It would be much appreciated
    Yeah i second this request, so far all i have seen are holy and protection abilities. Gief Ret abilities please!

Can someone confirm/deny that Avenging Wrath is no longer dispellable?
    I'd hope so, cause DKs look to be getting a Magic offensive dispel now, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Evilgab View Post
    Unless they changed it again that animation is already in the game. Noticed it a couple days ago.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by learntotank View Post
    Unless they changed it again that animation is already in the game. Noticed it a couple days ago.
    yes didnt noticed it in live

---------- Post added 2012-03-22 at 09:46 PM ----------

Update:
    Seals are on GCD.
    Avenging wrath is not dispellable/spellstealable
    Divine protection and ardent defender and other buffs are not dispellable too

Might, Kings and Freedom are dispellable

I've been doing a bit of a comparison for the last hour or so and have noticed a few things...

But a few things I've noticed so far...

Relic spot is gone...but the attributes werent rolled into existing gear. Starting 5k hps and 4k mana below current.
    With auras gone...I'm short 4076 armor (devo).
    Dodge, it looks like, was reduced about 50%.
    Both Parry and Block were lowered as well.
    The T13 4 piece ability (Divine Guardian)...doesn't even exist. Yet the 4 piece hasn't been changed to something useful.
    Touched by Light is gone...without the 8% spell hit, my abilities are missing non stop. No hit has been added to existing gear to compensate. The glyph for Seal of Truth is also gone. I just spent 5 min on a training dummy and my ability miss and the amount of dodging and parrying is alarming.
    Sacred Duty gone...that was a fair amount of my prot dps.
    Holy shield gone...a damage mitigation.

Hoping I jsut haven't figured out where everything went or was rolled in to...cause I'm feeling a bit gimped atm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nelrock View Post
    Hoping I jsut haven't figured out where everything went or was rolled in to...cause I'm feeling a bit gimped atm.
    Relics are gone and Devo aura being gone, and the changes to TbTL: This will all be sorted by MoP gear, they've said they want tank to be getting Hit/Expertise capped (and don't forget your spell hit will be hit+expertise, so capping them out will cap out your spell hit), so expect to see alot more of it on tank gear, also... did you SEE the gear they put up? blue bracers with 1800+ stam and 3k armor, so while we've not been compensated with current gear, we wont be gimped once we've got some MoP gear (remember the start of TBC, when all the warriors in thier high end Tank gear couldn't hold threat for junk because there was no Str on it?)

Dodge, Parry and Block reduce: this I'm not sure about.. Block is probably lower due to it having DR now (sucky sucky change) not sure about Parry/Dodge though...

T13 4pc: I'm still hoping they're going to put DG back in, it would be insanly lame if they removed DG but NOT rallying Cry, considering RC was only given to warriors because they wanted more DG style abilities in game.

Sacred Duty gone: yeah that sucks, still no idea why they did that... but I'll be taking Divine Purpose (which should be baseline...) so hopefully that'll even out

Holy shield gone: Check ShoR it now increases BV by 25% for 6 seconds.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not sure what to think of these developments. I'm looking forward to my damn beta invite so I can try some of this stuff out. But, someone put up a vid of some of the new spell effects and I'm a fan.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...iippy/advanced
    I'd prefer my orcs to stand up straight.

Righteous Defense appears to be gone, and so is Hammer of Wrath for Prot Pallies in seems.

Our consecrate now has a 9 sec duration with a 9 sec cool down, the Glyph of consecrate now lets us target consecrate anywhere within 25 yards. Its Protection only still.
    Last edited by Seani; 2012-03-23 at 08:11 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Holy Avenger is still 3min listed on MoP webpage. Avenging Wrath not being stealable and dispellable sounds interesting. sounds like hammer of wrath is gonna be insanely weak. /cheers mate

Deleted
    Any sshot/vid for Templar's new effect?

I'm not happy with that "consumes ONLY 3 Holy Power", specially for Holy Shield.
    Last edited by mmoc64d91a2d32; 2012-03-23 at 10:10 AM.