Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Confirmed BOA Mounts and achievements on the way. Means I can safety say bye bye to this trashy priest and hello druid.
    Kil'Jaeden - US

Thanks to Lilliputia for the amazing signature!

Quote Originally Posted by Venteus View Post
    Confirmed BOA Mounts and achievements on the way. Means I can safety say bye bye to this trashy priest and hello druid.
    Umm.... what was the point of even posting this?
    1) Has nothing to do with priests and;
    2) You just insult the class in the class subforum.

====> Druid forums are that way.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethas View Post
    Nothing new. In fact I find it very offensive to say "we are in development of talents for your class" when all this "hard work" is just tossing old talents around. So pathetic.
    Did you even read the tooltips ? or see the talents alot has changed since the first preview
    Sig by Safhira

Deleted
    Boooo at not being able to use Vow of unity on a tank. But on the bright side, Void shift is gonna be awesome!

Oh wow, the change on Divine Insight is really interesting for shadow:

When your Mind Blast deals damage, there is a 40% chance your next Shadow Word: Death will treat the target as if it were below 20% health

15+ Year Old Account
    Phantasm
    When you fade, you remove all movement impairing effects from yourself, you become untargetable by ranged attacks, and your movement speed is unhindered for 3 seconds

Just makes me smile
    Sig by Safhira

The fact that Shadow Orbs actually do things now is a nice buff for us.

I'm going to have so much fun pumping out Shadowy Apparitions at will, rather then at random.

I want to know stuff like, can I pump them out before I get into combat, then have them attack my next target?

80 Kingslayer Shadow Priest - Spirestone
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...e&n=Direshadow

Quote Originally Posted by Direshadow View Post
    I want to know stuff like, can I pump them out before I get into combat, then have them attack my next target?
    Apparition is a targeted spell, so i'd say no.

Kinda bummed that Vampiric Dominance got removed from the talents, and replaced with a Shadow spec Vampiric Embrace that's a 3 min cd, lasts 15 sec, and the heal splits between everyone? In 5 mans, that's 10% per person which is a step up from what we have. But it's a cd still . . . Would rather have the passive back. Though it might be better in PvP, idk.

Also noticed the lack of Dark Evangelism in Shadow even though it's listed under Archangel talent. Probably something they overlooked.

Path of the Devout looks much better now, with it having a 30 sec buff after Levitate cancels. Sounds a bit too OP actually, an instant 25% movespeed buff without cd.

I see Purify, but no offensive Dispel now?

Lastly, back to Shadow Priests, the new From Darkness, Comes Light change for Mindspike is a nice bonus. It puts Mindspike into our rotation now. Wonder if Mind Melt will still be there, for instant Mind Blasts after Mindspike.

Quote Originally Posted by Prod View Post
    Kinda bummed that Vampiric Dominance got removed from the talents, and replaced with a Shadow spec Vampiric Embrace that's a 3 min cd, lasts 15 sec, and the heal splits between everyone? In 5 mans, that's 10% per person which is a step up from what we have. But it's a cd still . . . Would rather have the passive back. Though it might be better in PvP, idk.

Also noticed the lack of Dark Evangelism in Shadow even though it's listed under Archangel talent. Probably something they overlooked.

Path of the Devout looks much better now, with it having a 30 sec buff after Levitate cancels. Sounds a bit too OP actually, an instant 25% movespeed buff without cd.

I see Purify, but no offensive Dispel now?

Lastly, back to Shadow Priests, the new From Darkness, Comes Light change for Mindspike is a nice bonus. It puts Mindspike into our rotation now. Wonder if Mind Melt will still be there, for instant Mind Blasts after Mindspike.
    - Vampiric Embrace is more like a replacement for Divine Hymn for Shadowpriests.
    - Dark Archangel, going after the tooltip, doesn't require Dark Evangelism. But going after comment in the other thread the spell is bugged.
    - Purify is a Holy/Disc spell. Since the video doesn't show the baseline spells, i'd assume that offensive Dispel and Mass Dispel are class spells, not spec spells.
    - Mind Melt seems to be a glyph.
    Last edited by Kaesebrezen; 2012-03-23 at 12:37 AM.

With that VE change, I think I'll be switching to a warlock tbh.

There's loads of far cooler stuff they're doing for them, and a core steady healing ability was the major draw for me to go spriest over warlock (and because I was a priest I got sucked into healing a fair bit too, which can't happen with a lock)

I'm also utterly unconvinced by a highly situational use of shadow orbs - there's going to be a lot of bosses where that's useless.
    Last edited by Dawn Falcon; 2012-03-23 at 01:30 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawn Falcon View Post
    With that VE change, I think I'll be switching to a warlock tbh.

There's loads of far cooler stuff they're doing for them, and a core steady healing ability was the major draw for me to go spriest over warlock (and because I was a priest I got sucked into healing a fair bit too, which can't happen with a lock)

I'm also utterly unconvinced by a highly situational use of shadow orbs - there's going to be a lot of bosses where that's useless.
    Ya the VE cooldown will either be too strong on some fights (heroic zon'ozz being able to spike to 35k hps during black phases? seems fishy) or useless - also 3 minute cooldowns are quite long nowadays - I'd like to see it come down to 90s or 120s cooldown.

The situational proc shadow orbs and the buggy apparitions could be really, really bad as a dps mechanic.
    Last edited by Yvaelle; 2012-03-23 at 06:15 AM.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

In the Shadow tree alone I see the lack of DP, SWP and SWD?
    Ok, this is first beta client but wtf? Surely this is alpha stuff...

From Darkness, comes Light looks nice though. Insta MS casts that do not extinguish dots, me likey.

Dark Archangel is an innate powerbuff and no longer needs to consume stacks. They removed Shadow Weaving from the talents only to replace it with Dark Evangelism, this is a good solution to both the problems. Divine Insight looks very nice as well.
    Last edited by Karei; 2012-03-23 at 06:52 AM.

Deleted
    I like Divine Insight and From Darkness, Comes Light, however I do not like the removal of Vampiric Dominance and Devouring Plague at all. The making of Shadow Orbs into our resource system sounds good, but knowing how useless Shadowy Apparitions can be on some fights it doesnt make me too excited. So far it looks like our rotation will still be 1) keep dots up 2) mind blast on cooldown 3) mind flay as filler 4) use some procs from time to time. Not happy with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Karei View Post
    In the Shadow tree alone I see the lack of DP, SWP and SWD?
    DP is gone hand it's effect have been split.
    VT regenerates HP, SW:P deals instant damage. Further you no longer refresh SW:P with Minflay. In the end it is the same as now.

Also SW:P and SW are Class Abilities, not spec abilities. That's the reason why you don't see them in the video.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not too interested in shadow changes since I play my mage when i wanna go deeps but I gotta say healing side looks a bit lackluster at the mo. I'm not worried yet becuase it's so early still however, longer it takes there more concerned I am it's gonna be a lets-jam-something-in-there-be-stoic-about-it-until-we-eventually-back-down-and-admit-it-wasn't-a-good-idea type of deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaesebrezen View Post
    DP is gone hand it's effect have been split.
    VT regenerates HP, SW:P deals instant damage. Further you no longer refresh SW:P with Minflay. In the end it is the same as now.

Also SW:P and SW are Class Abilities, not spec abilities. That's the reason why you don't see them in the video.
    By removing a dot we're turning into a boomkin/fire mage. They're making Spriests even more lackluster...

Hmm, what do you think about Void Tendrils? I saw a video on YouTube and Void Tendrils are currently freaking ugly. I hope it is just a placeholder. Also I read that they have only 30k HP, isn't it very very low?

So, we are losing current Vampiric Embrace passive ability to something that last 15 seconds and have 3 long minutes cooldown. I am sad with this. To be honest, as far as I can self-heal for a good amount, it doesn't important but that ability was what made me love shadow priests. I will really be sad if it's gone.

15+ Year Old Account
    While it is sad to see Vampiric Embrace changed, it has been a joke this xpac, a rogue's self heal hot heals for more then it
    Sig by Safhira

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by soulyouth View Post
    While it is sad to see Vampiric Embrace changed, it has been a joke this xpac, a rogue's self heal hot heals for more then it
    I definitely don't like that my rogue partner gets 7k recuperate ticks every 3 seconds while I get effectively nothing in pvp because targets taking ~60% reduced damage and getting 6% of that back, and wearing pvp gear = almost nothing.

The contrast of this expansion (and why it was nerfed to such an infinitesimal value) is because of fights like heroic madness, or heroic zon'ozz - where I can pull 7k+ HPS. That's nothing compared to TBC when VE did 125% of DPS as HPS (largely ineffective, and our dps was much lower relatively, but still) - but 7k HPS is certainly nothing to ignore - to the point where we were considering bringing 2 spriests to heroic madness 10m to make the healing easier.

I really like the idea of 50% health return for 15 seconds - I like having that much power and control over the healing - but I think the cooldown is much too long, it should be 2 minutes at most.

Hell, I'd almost rather have something like - "Heals the lowest health raid member for 100% of the damage dealt over the next 5 seconds" with a 60 second cooldown, than the current model - I'd certainly not like the idea of having to "waste" a GCD every minute to get my HPS (aren't I a damned vampire after all? apparently my touch is, is my touch dis-embodied from the rest of me?) but its better than getting something I can use once per fight.

Also, speaking of Vampiric Touch - WTB dispel protection on Vampiric Touch. How about "Dispelling Vampiric Touch heals the lowest health raid member of the spriests raid for 100% of the damage VT deals over its full duration" because this new dispel model is absolute nonsense and nothing short of Word of Glorying someone in my group every time they think about pushing that button will make healers think twice about spamming Purify more than they already do now.
    Last edited by Yvaelle; 2012-03-24 at 05:15 AM.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter