Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    I feel sorry for the priest. I did actually like spriest, probably the hardest thing to leave from wow. I know this forum doesn't promote critical views but I feel sorry that they still neglect spriest after all these years of neglections =/

I won't be happy if the cooldown of Vampiric Embrace stays as long either. It's far too much of a classic to be down for over 90% of the time. I'm a bit surpised that they let a multi-dottable VT heal you a bit. That's gonna be nice for soloing at least.

Dispel protection would be much welcome. "Dot -> dot -> both dispelled -> dot -> dot -> 5 sec until dispelled again" will get old fast.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by soulyouth View Post
    While it is sad to see Vampiric Embrace changed, it has been a joke this xpac, a rogue's self heal hot heals for more then it
    an yet still, i outheal people in LFR on my shadowpriest just by dps'ing. ;p

although i admit that is down to terribad healers in LFR

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Viggers View Post
    an yet still, i outheal people in LFR on my shadowpriest just by dps'ing. ;p

although i admit that is down to terribad healers in LFR
    Not surprised, I go smite spec and out dps people and outheal people
    Sig by Safhira

Quote Originally Posted by SkillOverKill View Post
    Also, speaking of Vampiric Touch - WTB dispel protection on Vampiric Touch. How about "Dispelling Vampiric Touch heals the lowest health raid member of the spriests raid for 100% of the damage VT deals over its full duration" because this new dispel model is absolute nonsense and nothing short of Word of Glorying someone in my group every time they think about pushing that button will make healers think twice about spamming Purify more than they already do now.
    You can't "spam" any dispels in the new model... they all have 8-10 second CDs.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dianthe View Post
    You can't "spam" any dispels in the new model... they all have 8-10 second CDs.
    Except that now that they remove all debuffs on the target, healers will press it every 8 seconds on cooldown without any thought as to the trade-offs - it will always be more beneficial to eat a UA (I'd say VT but it doesnt do anything now?) and all the other debuffs off a target than to not - so while this model is supposed to make healers have to think about dispelling more - it actually does the opposite - whenever Purify is up its your top priority - because you can take off 5-10 GCD's of the enemy teams work in a single, cheap instant cast.

All it accomplishes is making dispel spam easier by reducing the number of GCD's to dispel from a near 1:1 balance on Live, to 1 GCD per 8 seconds to counter all GCDs in the last 8 seconds made by some enemy teams. For example, in the beta model Shadowplay - and possibly any comp with a lock or spriest - are at an enormous disadvantage versus anything with Purify compared to comps that don't rely on DoTs - like double melee or frost mages.
    Last edited by Yvaelle; 2012-03-24 at 07:19 PM.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Deleted
    The talents are pretty stupid, all this about there being loads of choice is total crap. Just look at the options... (Disc PvE)

1. First row are all pretty useless in raids, only good for dungeons & you can't use fear, so Void Tendrils is the only option.
    2. Body & Soul, obvious choice, the other two don't really add much to our healing ability
    3. Archangel, again obvious especially as disc
    4. A heal to myself or a new tank CD, what a hard decision, NOT. Void Shift, obvious choice >.>
    5. This is the only one with any real choice, and it depends how much regen we have. I would really like serendipity now, but would I of liked it in 4.1? Nooooo. I'll probably go with PI on launch but we'll see.
    6. Vow of Unity, for a 2 minute CD, is pretty bad. Divine Star I REALLY DON'T LIKE. Ever since I saw that spell first come up I was like PLEASE DON'T LET IT GET OUT OF BETAAAAA. It's just going to be plain BAD on 10man, and you're going to have to try to get people to position themselves better which is never a good thing.

So yea, the choices are rather boring for me. The only new interesting spell that actually has any use in my mind is Void Shift.

Uh... Dominate Mind is just Mind Control with a 30 second CD and 1.5 second cast. Is this for real? Who the hell thought that would be a good idea? There was nothing frigging wrong with it in the first place!

Quote Originally Posted by SoldierStevens View Post
    Uh... Dominate Mind is just Mind Control with a 30 second CD and 1.5 second cast. Is this for real? Who the hell thought that would be a good idea? There was nothing frigging wrong with it in the first place!
    Well, it is channelled? And it means if you need a consistent CC for any reason, talent choice...

Quote Originally Posted by SoldierStevens View Post
    It lets you cast it on all targets except machines, as opposed to just humanoids. It seems to just be a PVE option to increase our CC.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Thanks for uploading the video Dragon Hawks (:

It's not looking spectacular, but at least they got rid of that fucking awful decision to turn Psychic Scream into a talent. I presume it's still a baseline ability then? It's also worth noting that Priests have quite a few new talents, even if some are dubious choices or designs, but at least it's enough to make me consider keeping the priest on standby for whenever I can be bothered playing MoP. I've enjoyed PvP with him since TBC, and the last build I seen with the talents and spell design (Renew and Binding Heal Holy only... aye right then, you ripping the pish?) made me concerned about Blizzards intent with the only cloth healer in the game, especially in regards to pvp and another healer being added to the mix.

Binding Heal being made Holy only was a 'they can't do much pvp...' moment for me. Even just adding a cooldown (like Prayer of Mending) to Shadow and even Disc, but don't remove one of the defining Priest heals from two specs, crippling their utility.
    Fly fast, stay low, hit hard.
    You'd think the 8th Anniversary was the Cheese Anniversary to go with all the whine.
    - madethisfor1post

Ravenholdt EU - Nice Toons: Frazzlebeard, Menardis, Plight - Less So: Slîght

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon-Hawks View Post
    When I created it, I did not add any audio, so its no problem your end ^^
    Just wanted to say thanks for taking the time to make the video for us all to watch.
    There has been far to much negativity on these forums the last few days and I think a more positive constructive tone, like making the video for example, is something alot of people appreciate.

@Kelesti, I cant wait for the snip snips.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Abandon View Post
    It lets you cast it on all targets except machines, as opposed to just humanoids. It seems to just be a PVE option to increase our CC.
    Would be nice if it wasnt channeled though considering both the other talents give you free hands to still heal. Also the fact that it requires to hit a target and we got 0 things that adds to hit means its worthless for any healer at given time.

Besides that my biggest issue atm isn´t talents as such - there are issues there ofc compared to how some of the other classes got quite interesting talents. But I´m annoyed at the glyphs we got currently, since most of them got negative additions while other classes mostly got positive only effects to their glyphs. Can also add - and this is probably oppinionated - the amount of healing glyphs that disc priests "need" are alot more than the 3 from my point of view.

Disc priests still got binding heal atm in the beta
    "Only Jack can zip up."
    The word you want to use is "have" not "of".
    You may have alot of stuff in your country, but we got Lolland.

Quote Originally Posted by Mandible View Post
    Would be nice if it wasnt channeled though considering both the other talents give you free hands to still heal. Also the fact that it requires to hit a target and we got 0 things that adds to hit means its worthless for any healer at given time.
    I would have preferred if the glyph had allowed Shackle to work on more creatures instead of Mind Control, but I guess that would have PVP issues too.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Quote Originally Posted by Abandon View Post
    I would have preferred if the glyph had allowed Shackle to work on more creatures instead of Mind Control, but I guess that would have PVP issues too.
    How would you feel if they made the spell instant, or perhaps shielded the caster with a free absorption shield?

Hell why can't they just make it so when you cast the spell on a target, that target attacks the nearest enemy with auto attack?

80 Kingslayer Shadow Priest - Spirestone
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...e&n=Direshadow

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Direshadow View Post
    How would you feel if they made the spell instant, or perhaps shielded the caster with a free absorption shield?

Hell why can't they just make it so when you cast the spell on a target, that target attacks the nearest enemy with auto attack?
    Because then we lose the most important functionality of Mind Control - throwing people off cliffs - how about:

"when you cast the spell on a target, that target lemmings their way off the nearest cliff, if no cliff is present - the target will attack the nearest enemy with auto attacks"
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Direshadow View Post

Realistically any of those would be great, Mind Control is a lot of fun but practically it doesn't get too much use because you have to give up doing anything else at all while using it. I would have liked if you got a pet bar for the player you have Mind Controlled but from the Shaman forums I understand you can't have two pet bars, and we already have one for Ghost Wolves and we have one for Shadowfiend.
    Your idea of having them work as a Guardian for the duration is very interesting and gets around the pet bar issue nicely though.

Quote Originally Posted by SkillOverKill View Post
    Because then we lose the most important functionality of Mind Control - throwing people off cliffs - how about:

"when you cast the spell on a target, that target lemmings their way off the nearest cliff, if no cliff is present - the target will attack the nearest enemy with auto attacks"
    If you wanted the old functionality in this situation you simply wouldn't pick the talent which changes Mind Control, you would pick one of the other two in the same tier and Mind Control would work the same as always.

15+ Year Old Account
    should just get rid of the new MC, and have a talent there that lets you shackle anything for 1min, (8sec pvp)
    Sig by Safhira

My idea was...

NEW - Power Word: Sleep: 20 yard range, 1.7 second cast, puts your target to sleep for 20 seconds (8 in PvP). Any damage taken cancels the effect.

Quote Originally Posted by Annesh View Post
    My idea was...

NEW - Power Word: Sleep: 20 yard range, 1.7 second cast, puts your target to sleep for 20 seconds (8 in PvP). Any damage taken cancels the effect.
    i don't want a hybernate or wyvern sting rip off, sorry.. i think our cc will be pretty solid when you choose dominate mind. heck, we'll be able to cc two undead at the same time, personally controlling one. i'm really shocked to see people against dominate mind. one of the utilities that priest needed is an actual cc. and by this you get the most awesomestest cc ever working for non-mechanicals only. i love mc'ing different mobs and use their abilities to play around, heal and dps. not giving up on that by any chance.

also void shift on mc'ed targets. probably will get fixed, but still... <3 <3 <3