Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Well I joined last free weekend and got hooked on the game and bought it. I probably wouldnt have bought it otherwise and just waited for a standard free trial.
    And I'm nabbing around in warzones =) Nah, they aren't really that difficult to learn the objectives on really. If the nabbing means being lowlvl there's not much to do about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    God dammit, it's peak time in Australia and again they bring the servers down :'(

Quote Originally Posted by Byrogan View Post
    God dammit, it's peak time in Australia and again they bring the servers down :'(
    They want to break with the mindless conformism present in other MMOs. Let maintenance no longer be restricted by such antiquated concepts as "regular weekly scheduling"! Break with the past - embrace the future of dynamically scheduled patching technology.

Originally Posted by SWTOR

Patch 1.1.5d

General
    • Implemented changes to improve overall server stability.

PvP

Voidstar
    • Players will no longer be able to exit the starting area earlier than intended.

Quote Originally Posted by SirRobin View Post
    Probably a bit of both. EA needs to get off its butt and put TOR in China, Korea, Taiwan, and Japan long before MoP hits or they could be in trouble gaining traction there.
    Growing up in Korea I can say this is a game that would have next to no appeal there. Not when TERA and Aion dominate Korea's MMO play right now.

Hopefully it fixes the proton torpedo/missle bug! (I like space missions, sorry )

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Quackerjacks View Post
    Growing up in Korea I can say this is a game that would have next to no appeal there. Not when TERA and Aion dominate Korea's MMO play right now.
    Very true and that is the same reason Aion failed and Tera will fail in NA, because our markets do not see eye to eye when it comes to video games. WoW and SC are probably the only to be as successful in both markets.

Quote Originally Posted by philefluxx View Post
    Very true and that is the same reason Aion failed and Tera will fail in NA, because our markets do not see eye to eye when it comes to video games. WoW and SC are probably the only to be as successful in both markets.
    Yep, though WoW is actually played by a very small demographic there. I can walk into 10-15 cyber cafes and I'd be lucky to find someone playing WoW.

Yep, though WoW is actually played by a very small demographic there. I can walk into 10-15 cyber cafes and I'd be lucky to find someone playing WoW.
    Out of kinda OT curiosity, what are the style of features/gameplay that tend to attract a korean audience to an mmo/game?

I hear that they like grindy games but I don't get why & what else there is to it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes but it is such a huge market that TOR might be able to carve out its own niche. Still I personally can't see TOR lasting long though because what it tends to take "western" audiences weeks to burn through, an "eastern" market could go through in days.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

Quote Originally Posted by lakhesis View Post
    Out of kinda OT curiosity, what are the style of features/gameplay that tend to attract a korean audience to an mmo/game?

I hear that they like grindy games but I don't get why & what else there is to it.
    Koreans enjoy their open world PvP which is why games like TERA and Aion flourish. You'll see them dabble here and there in end-game PvE, but only few take it seriously to the point like KIN with WoW. To them immersion and story aren't as important as playability and competition.

Quote Originally Posted by SirRobin
    Yes but it is such a huge market that TOR might be able to carve out its own niche.
    The problem with this is that it's a huge market in NA/EU, and has very limited interest in East Asia in general. Star Wars was just never a big thing in Korea for as long as I can remember.
    Last edited by Quackerjacks; 2012-03-23 at 11:09 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The problem with this is that it's a huge market in NA/EU, and has very limited interest in East Asia in general. Star Wars was just never a big thing in Korea for as long as I can remember.
    That is part of my concern. Opening up in Asia would probably get TOR passed the two million mark. Or, at least, reach it in the first place.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

Plus they could also get the china market too. By what I have heard a majority of wow players there quit when they heard about the whole expansion doing with pandas. They are pretty sacred there and offended a ton of wow players there.