I cant be the only person who noticed the change of [cut to the chase] from being eviscerate and envenom to just eviscerate. If that's not a typo then that means assassination will have to use eviscerate now.... Please tell me that's a typo..
we stealth better temporarily and get a rbg buff, yeah.. i feel cheated. locks get diff models for their pets which also makes them stronger and gives them a new ability/2 pets at once, palys, priests and mages get some cool new stuff, druids at least get 4 specs, shamans get Ascendance, dks get an ability from the LICH KING and yeah only hunters share are lack of interesting new abilities
Isnt 10% of infinite still infinite?
Also, looking at the talents and abilities, it seems like if combat has viable dps it will be the spec to use. Able to take Shadowstep without a dps loss, Bandit's Guile no longer fading when switching, our cleave was nerfed a bit but it'll still probably be the best in the game, etc.
Every melee ability has a lower wd% coefficient because the raw damage of the weapon is being raised/changed:
- to balance low level PvP
- to make weapons much more meaningful loot - especially for PvP since they will have a lower ilvl so they can keep the damage on par with PvE weapons and use the rest of the budget on other stats (PvP stats will be free in the item budget)
from 100wd * 200%coefficient we pass to 200wd*100%coefficient.
Not so many interesting changes for rogues so far and little things being removed there and there...we will see how it goes in the future.Honor Among Thieves: When any player in your party or raid critically hits with a spell or ability, you gain a combo point on your current target. This effect cannot occur more than once every 2 seconds, and cannot occur while you are stealthed.
Shadow Walk : Significantly increases Stealth effectiveness for 6 sec, but causes Stealth to be nerfed to justify its usage. In addition, it uses old Enveloping Shadows icon and has no sound, animation or spell effect to show that the skill is actually doing something.
Confirmed. Probably it's a way to make the game understand that CttC is working with a finisher, otherwise it would generate a "null" reference or some kind of this issue.
Reading last news, the more interesting thing is the new Combat Potency. With an increased % to proc with slower weapons (read: proc normalization), i think they're opening the road to double slow weapon for combat. In fact, now we're tied to a fast weapon due to DP and combat potency being a fixed %...
As you indicate, they have to change this skill to also increase DP procs for slow weapons, to be viable single target.
Double slow weapons for Combat would push Killing Spree really nice.
Anyway I'm glad to see some changes... so the rogues aren't abandonded
But how slow are rogue off hands going to be ?? like 2.6 slow or like slightly quicker 1.5?
I'd really like someone to try out some things as Assassination on beta (PvP)
1) With Subterfuge, if you open, can you be targeted/seen? (I assume seen) for the 3 seconds you're doing your thing?
2) Leeching Poison doesn't give a solid duration it poisons the target for. How long is it, and how is the healing from it stacking up? Since it only heals you from "weapon strikes".
3) Shadowstep..getting better..still needs a little work, maybe reduce the cooldown by 4 seconds liek before. (seriously, wat?) This wasn't a question... This is working as intended. Moving on.
4) Paralytic Poison..DR with other stuns/our own stuns? Or are they using Frost Mage logic and utilizing the "Proc DR" like Cone and barrier were on.
5) Blindside. Does Dispatch still require its energy cost? I'll assume it does, just want confirmation.
6) Overall, how is the damage output of Assassination feeling, compared to Subtlety and Combat?
7) Swiftblade's Cunning. (Not Assassination specific) Is the 10% melee haste buffing our energy regeneration, or was it a rumor?
Thank you in advance for answers.
When the hell can we expect beta videos of new rogue skills being used like they have in the hunter forums? Not that there is many new ones out there, but still they'd be nice to see.
"It's clear this is another bash Apple thread. Such things are not conducive to a good discussion."
WRONG! Those are the BEST discussions!