Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    So much complaining; I played a combat rogue in Vanilla and that has evolved quite a bit since my AQ days; overall I think the class is fine. You get the most advanced stealth aspect compared to any other class. Heck druid stealth is garbage compared to the nice tricks and toys rogues in stealth get. Really I think sap and pickpocket though the oldest rogue moves are some of the coolest in the game compared to other classes. Yeah you can't sap targets in combat but throughout the years playing WoW questing and grouping with people as the stealthed member have always been a blast.

Really to me if you are complaining because rogues are balanced with hybrid or that they don't get some super cool laser light show trick to show off maybe you should try out some of the other classes in this game.

Quote Originally Posted by Maelstrom51 View Post
    Looking at the new Bandit's Guile tooltip it looks like the buff doesn't fade when switching targets. Is this the case, fox?

Also, is the Adrenaline Rush glyph still in?
    Anyone in the beta have some answers?

I played my subtetly rogue yesterday on the beta, and it looks like serrated blades (wich causes eviscerate to refresh rupture) is gone.

Can anyone confirm this ?
    Last edited by Shaken; 2012-03-23 at 09:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by joepesci View Post
    As someone who doesn't play his rogue any more, a question:
    Do rogues still have to choose between Shadowstep and Preparation (meaning that they CANNOT have both at once)?
    Lvl 60 Talents: Preperation / Shadowstep / Burst of Speed

So yes unfortunately.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by joepesci View Post
    Nope, that's not the correct translation.
    Translation is: I want to force a fight until the end, anyone can win, no one escapes. This is possible against most other classes, impossible with rogues. You can't even gank a ilvl 350 rogue as ilvl 400 hunter, if you don't two shot him and his only concern is to escape. L2flare doesn't help.
    Bad news man, the very essence of the rogue class is against your ideals. What you want will never happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelticfox View Post
    Lvl 60 Talents: Preperation / Shadowstep / Burst of Speed

So yes unfortunately.
    Gimme Beta D:

Oh well anyway, so far so burst of speed. Not going to be anything to choose from as it's looking right now unfortunately :/

Quote Originally Posted by Maelstrom51 View Post
    Looking at the new Bandit's Guile tooltip it looks like the buff doesn't fade when switching targets. Is this the case, fox?

Also, is the Adrenaline Rush glyph still in?
    1. Correct. Bandits Guile works through target switching. Tested it as well to make sure and I was on Moderate, switched, continued onto Deep Insight.

2. Adrenaline Rush glyph has been removed.

---------- Post added 2012-03-23 at 10:23 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Holo View Post
    Bad news man, the very essence of the rogue class is against your ideals. What you want will never happen.

Gimme Beta D:

Oh well anyway, so far so burst of speed. Not going to be anything to choose from as it's looking right now unfortunately :/
    I looks like Burst of Speed is the PvP option as it gives a brief sprint ability or removes movement imparing debuffs. I choose Shadowstep (as a Combat Rogue)

10+ Year Old Account
    I looks like Burst of Speed is the PvP option as it gives a brief sprint ability or removes movement imparing debuffs. I choose Shadowstep (as a Combat Rogue)
    Oh really

Yeah, since dispells have a cooldown now it's either that or sitting roots all day. It isn't really a choice. (hurr we want talent choices to be personal durr)

I guess I will be one of the few Rogues left in the game according all you complainers. More fun for me!
    "It's clear this is another bash Apple thread. Such things are not conducive to a good discussion."

WRONG! Those are the BEST discussions!

Seeing some VERY nice passive buffs at 85.

Swiftblades Cunning: Gives a party and raid members a 10% melee and ranged haste buff (yay for bring buffs to raids!)
    Fleet Footed: Gives 15% movement speed buff (doesn't stack with other movement buffs)

10+ Year Old Account
    Seeing some VERY nice passive buffs at 85.

Swiftblades Cunning: Gives a party and raid members a 10% melee and ranged haste buff (yay for bring buffs to raids!)
    Fleet Footed: Gives 15% movement speed buff (doesn't stack with other movement buffs)
    Quickening without the +healing ;x

And yes I got my Beta Access today, so if people want to know things, just ask!
    Can you post an image of pandaren male rogue? Maybe with some nice gear on

Edit: going more technical, i want to know about the specs. Are the dps cycles for the most tied to class specs and not talents (finally)? From what i've understood reading the various spells/abilities, the talents are for the most part situational/utility oens which can be equally useful in different enviroments.

Anticipation is someway different, but i think that for heavy-switching fights or "ranged" fights it won't be so useful (i mean that the dps cycle can be mantained with ancticipation or not, the "only" thing it does is not to waste Cp from procs and use only 5cp finishers).
    Last edited by Coldkil; 2012-03-23 at 10:42 AM.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Burst of Speed pulls you out of stealth, I am disappoint
    [In all honesty it would have been overpowered if it didn't, because of Shadow Focus]
    Quote Originally Posted by Kavoo View Post
    Well I do have a penis attached to me as well but I dont know 'a lot' about it, I dont even know how it tastes. Maybe you do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycoris View Post
    Everyone who does not miss Vanilla has no heart. Whoever wishes it back has no brain.

I am liking the new Killing Spree glyph. Whether combat is optimal or not, it's still really cool.

For those who don't know, you basically go back to your original spot once Killing Spree is over.
    "It's clear this is another bash Apple thread. Such things are not conducive to a good discussion."

WRONG! Those are the BEST discussions!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by capitano666 View Post
    Burst of Speed pulls you out of stealth, I am disappoint
    [In all honesty it would have been overpowered if it didn't, because of Shadow Focus]
    You don't need it in stealth anyway? Cooldownless sprint at the start of every arena would be kinda op :/

Offtopic:

I can't wait to be the only rogue on the realm!
    Look at it this way : rogue community always complained about vanish when it was the only "different" ability that defined the rogue class. Then they complained about ShS, then Hemo, then back to Vanish.
    You hear alot of whine because so many FOTM flowers sprung in 4.3. But don't worry, autumn comes and you pretty flowers will die slowly.

Ontopic : There's actually just flaming here and offtopic talk, switch back to the BETA talk please.

Deleted
    Hey,
    whats the cooldown of Vanish, Blind, Evasion, CoS, Smoke Bomb? Looks like there i no way to reduce those :/

Deleted
    i'm still trying to find a comprehensive look at changes between Live and the current state of Beta. something like the Shaman thread Endus made on the shaman forums.

does such a thing exist? i'm not in the beta atm, so i couldn't give you one.

Quote Originally Posted by nzall View Post
    i'm still trying to find a comprehensive look at changes between Live and the current state of Beta. something like the Shaman thread Endus made on the shaman forums.

does such a thing exist? i'm not in the beta atm, so i couldn't give you one.
    I'm in the process of making one....

Deleted
    I wonder how Combat will play with the modified Revealing Strike.
    I mean, we obviously want to keep the buff up at all times, but what will we do when we land at 4 Combo Points?

As i see it, we have two options, well three with a certain talent.

1. Use Sinister Strike, and get 5 combo points, potentially wasting one.
    2. Use Revealing Strike, as good a time as any to keep the buff rolling?
    3. Use Sinister Strike, with the Anticipation talent, letting us keep the extra Combo Point if it procs.

Quote Originally Posted by Moonblood View Post
    I wonder how Combat will play with the modified Revealing Strike.
    I mean, we obviously want to keep the buff up at all times, but what will we do when we land at 4 Combo Points?

As i see it, we have two options, well three with a certain talent.

1. Use Sinister Strike, and get 5 combo points, potentially wasting one.
    2. Use Revealing Strike, as good a time as any to keep the buff rolling?
    3. Use Sinister Strike, with the Anticipation talent, letting us keep the extra Combo Point if it procs.
    With the change to Bandit's Guile we really have no reason to use Versatility, making Anticipation the obvious talent choice. So option #3.
    Anticipation is good in other ways too. For example, making all your SnDs 5 points, while refreshing at 0 seconds and not wasting any cp/energy. Also you can spam SS more during AR if you're at a high point on energy so you don't cap so bad when you use a finisher.