Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    No new changes in the latest beta build. Oh well. o.O

Followed by a blue post that can be summarized into

"We know you want more changes for rogue class, but the risk to break up everything is really high. In the end, we think rogues are fine, so no changes".
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Deleted
    Hello guys, I'm interested in your thoughts about Sub PvP in MoP. At least in the beta right now, because it's all subject to change, theoretically.

I've never been a big fan of Combat, and I detest Mutilate, which is really boring for me, coming from a Prot Warrior/Warlock. From a Cataclysm perspective, of course, if Combat & Mutilate got more entertaining to play then I'd be excited.

I'm not asking if it's OP, because I've heard Rogues have been kind of tuned down. I'm just asking, will Sub be a viable PvP spec ?

I hope they manage somehow to make it so that every spec will be viable, even with slight advantages for certain specs, but not up to a point where everyone plays it because it's the only one to go to.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenom View Post
    Hello guys, I'm interested in your thoughts about Sub PvP in MoP. At least in the beta right now, because it's all subject to change, theoretically.

I've never been a big fan of Combat, and I detest Mutilate, which is really boring for me, coming from a Prot Warrior/Warlock. From a Cataclysm perspective, of course, if Combat & Mutilate got more entertaining to play then I'd be excited.

I'm not asking if it's OP, because I've heard Rogues have been kind of tuned down. I'm just asking, will Sub be a viable PvP spec ?

I hope they manage somehow to make it so that every spec will be viable, even with slight advantages for certain specs, but not up to a point where everyone plays it because it's the only one to go to.
    Sub lost a lot of its identity to form the talent tree, and both sub and assassination combo point generation was nerfed down to Combat's level. Energy regen was nerfed for all three specs and many of the unique portions of each tree did not survive the transition (Improved Sprint, Sub's Elusivness, Waylay, etc).

Fun is very subjective, so I advise you that you try it out yourself. I am in the undecided camp, and pretty much waiting for a damage number pass before making any conclusions.

Deleted
    Thanks for the reply. I'll be sure to try the class out to see how it goes.

Apart from dps cycles being really homogenized through specs, Sub has nearly always been the PvP choice due to his wide arsenal of survivability and mobility tools; now in MoP that tool are made mutually exclusive talents or being stripped away.

This makes us atm very fragile, since we were balanced around having the entire arsenal available. We have new cool things like leeching poison - but still their effectiveness needs to be tested and they need to be actually proven useful.

I can't seem to find any up-to-date videos anywhere. Is rogue damage still horrible? Few months ago when I saw 2k-3k mutilates in rogue PVP vids I was disgusted. Please tell me this is not the case anymore?

sorry to inform you yolmez, but its not really much better. do realise though that numbers havent been tuned yet, so dont worry about it yet, number tuning will come later in the beta.

Quote Originally Posted by wowkamikaze View Post
    sorry to inform you yolmez, but its not really much better. do realise though that numbers havent been tuned yet, so dont worry about it yet, number tuning will come later in the beta.
    Number tuning is happening now for rogues, blizzard is apparently extremely happy with the lackluster state our design is in.

I'm seeing 100k obliterate crits in new dk vids so obviously the "less melee damage upfront" promise from blizzard was bullsh*t.

10+ Year Old Account
    There haven't been any MoP posts regarding rogue changes for a while... Does this mean that rogues are finalized as of now?

As for Blizzard statements "they're fine".

Titan language is gone in 5.0. D:

What's the burst like at 90? I've always been a huge fan of rolling a rogue just to stack so many buffs/glyphs/talents to do massive ambush crits and gank people around the world. I don't want to level in the beta (or else I won't want to level when expac releases) so i've just been playing an 85 rogue in vicious glad.

Deleted
    You've had your fun in the 10-79 bracket.

Deleted
    What's the condition on pvp side on rogues?

Hello brief mortals I'm interested to find out from you beta fellows, what are the stat changes(if any in mop)will be? From the tool-tip for mastery(main gauche/ combat) I'm guessing that mastery will still be useless for combat not sure about how it will affect assas and sub either. Or will we be laughing at all the other classes because they have to re-gem and reforge and re-enchant on the 28th.

I've been doing a bit of levelling to try and decide the fasted way to get to 90. To that end, right now, Assassination feels the best under this talent spec. Opening from stealth with a cheap shot, you'll have mobs dead before they're out of stun especially if dispatch procs.

Be wary of shadowstep though folks, it's still buggy as ever. More than once I've shadowstepped through the earth to my death.

This build is also insanely tanky, many a time at level 85 and 86, I've taken on and beaten two level 90 mobs at once. As long as you're good with Shiv and evasion, you're cheap shot's debuff is an insane help.

----

To add, combat feels the weakest of the three specs right now, but will probably be called upon again due to blade flurry being simply too good - it needs to be nerfed and put as baseline for all specs at this point, perhaps in place of one of the tier 4 talents.

Subtlety still feels strong, it may continue to be the top single target dps. However, it really has been gutted a lot and no longer plays like the fun spec of old. It also synergises well with the talent spec above for levelling, I'll need to play with it further before I can tell if it's better.
    Last edited by Ryme; 2012-08-22 at 11:45 AM.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Deleted
    I have some questions.

What will be the best opener as Assassination?

What will be the best opener as Subtlety?

What will be the best opener as Combat?

And by that i mean which first tier talent should be chosen by the different specs?

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelest View Post
    I have some questions.

What will be the best opener as Assassination?

What will be the best opener as Subtlety?

What will be the best opener as Combat?

And by that i mean which first tier talent should be chosen by the different specs?
    IMO
    Assasination: shadow focus speced and opens with mutilate
    Combat: shadow focus speced and opens with RS
    Subtetly: Subterfuge speced and opens with (prem) garrote followed by ambushx2 ( anticipation will fix CP cap)