New build for mainly MoP when should I do it?

I held off building a new rig with the sandybridge/500 series which was smart, because I've barely done any gaming besides the odd WoW here and there since....so that would have been a waste.

But I am really looking forward to getting back into gaming when MoP is out and whatever other games are out at the time end of this year.

So basically, what would you do in my situation? I want to buy the stuff at the very last moment, I don't want to buy it now, I want to get as much use at of the parts as I can so buying something now would be pointless as theres not going to be anything new until the end of the year anyway for me personally.

I have about $10k saved away for entertainment/hobby purposes...and PC gaming is included in that....I want a beast rig...but nothing stupid overpriced. I just want a rig that will last me 2 years or so on max settings. So not sure of budget...I am assuming about $2000-2500 is enough for a pretty beast rig these days? I live in AUSTRALIA by the way, so our prices a slightly higher.
    Last edited by primusl0l; 2012-03-22 at 07:32 PM.

Deleted
    I guess if you want it just for MoP and want to get the most out of it, wait for a release date and build it a month~ before? ^^

I'm guessing we will still be mid Ivy Bridge by the release of MoP if it is Q3/4 this year, (which is coming out next Month I believe!) and with a CPU heavy game with wow you wouldn't be missing out a whole lot in terms of longevity(?) if you built with it's release.

Apart from that, I'm not that well informed on new SSD cycles or much other hardware for that matter, or how fast things are moving in those areas, but either way, if you spend that kind of budget this year you will easily get your 'max' settings for 2 years+ (especially so if your running a x1 1920x1080 monitor setup or so.)

Deleted
    wait till we get a release date, then the next time Chaud makes a suggested build, start from there, ask advice on these forums and go from there.

Well,

Since neither MoP, GW2, nor D3 will be that demanding on hardware and 2500k's are going for $150 and GTX 480s are going for $200, I'd say there's no time like the present.

Ivy Bridge is awesome. The new 600 series Nvidias are awesome. But unless you're rolling BF3 ultra @ 1080p+ on a 2ms/120 hertz monitor (which you appear not to be, nor concerned with), it's time to start collecting pieces for your build.