Thread: Stagger and CTC

Stagger and CTC

So, do we think Stagger will be on the normal combat table, or, a secondary form of mitigation like Block is being moved to?

i.e. When an enemy attacks the Monk, which happens:
    • A roll is made and checked against the total of Miss\Dodge\Parry\Stagger to see if it becomes one of those, or a normal hit.
    • A roll is made against avoidance (Miss\Dodge\Parry) and then if is not avoided a check to see if it's Staggered (25%) or a normal hit?

As there doesn't appear to be a way to increase Stagger %, only stagger effectiveness, I could see the first as it would lead a lot to our passive mitigation if being "unhittable" is a possibility (especially when Elusive Ale is up). However, to me Stagger feels like it more of a mechanic like block, giving you a % chance to reduce an incoming hit (better than block IMO as a portion of the damage gets turned into a "DoT" rather than flat damage).

The way stagger works, and the expressed desire to no longer allow tanks to reach an "unhittable" CTC anymore (by moving block to a second roll) leads me to believe stagger will be treated like block (on a second roll). IE, you get 25% chance to stagger any hits that normally would have hit you after your dodge/parry/miss chance.

Though maybe some beta testers can run some logs and find out for sure

Quote Originally Posted by Keiyra View Post
    The way stagger works, and the expressed desire to no longer allow tanks to reach an "unhittable" CTC anymore (by moving block to a second roll) leads me to believe stagger will be treated like block (on a second roll). IE, you get 25% chance to stagger any hits that normally would have hit you after your dodge/parry/miss chance.

Though maybe some beta testers can run some logs and find out for sure
    If stagger is on the secondary roll than it diminishes the usefullness of mastery greatly and even more as gear increases. With Elusive Ale (50% Dodge) + passive miss (5%) + gear dodge + parry (~15% at the start), this covers 70% of the combat table leaving a 30% chance of having a chance of staggering. 25% of 30% means that 7.5% of all incoming attacks will be staggered or about 1 in 15. I kinda like my mastery to have more usefullness than once every 30 seconds to prevent 30% of an attack.

Elusive Ale is only up 10 secs out of 45 Max, the other 78% of the time you'll have an additional 50% on the ctc table to stagger.
    Shuffle also guarantees 3 melee hits to stagger.
    Mastery will be worth more than you are implying.