Thread: Energy Bar

Energy Bar

In my opinion, the energy bar is the exact same thing as a rogues bar. Would it be possible to vary it in some way? Perhaps make it the same color as chi or give it a different name? When I play my monk, I want it to be unlike anything else, and I don't think that I will accomplish that when my mind compares it to my rogue.

would probably accomplish more posting this on blizzard's forums rather than a fansite's forums that blizzard employees don't really look at.

why dont you just color the bar differently? it's quite simple, albeit not in the standard ui.

Quote Originally Posted by Raxtus View Post
    In my opinion, the energy bar is the exact same thing as a rogues bar. Would it be possible to vary it in some way? Perhaps make it the same color as chi or give it a different name? When I play my monk, I want it to be unlike anything else, and I don't think that I will accomplish that when my mind compares it to my rogue.
    And changing it's color or name would effect the individuality of the monk how? The mechanics work the same whether your bar is yellow or pink, and energy bar or a spirit/focus w/e you want to call it bar.

Why should it be? The Mana bar is blue no matter who's mana bar it is. Same with energy (rogue and Cat) and rage (warrior and bear).

Quote Originally Posted by Ivirus View Post
    Renaming it and/or recoloring it wouldn't change the fact that it still operates like energy. If they changed it to a Chakra mechanic from Hinduism/Buddhism I feel it'd have to operate more like focus or mana, but focus or mana for melee abilities feels weird.

If you don't like energy for Monks, what do you think would work, beyond a recolor/rename.
    Similar thread, my opinion is still similar, lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Caiada View Post
    Tanks are bowls. Healers are milk. DPS is the cereal. If you don't have a bowl, nothing's going anywhere but where you don't want it. If your milk's bad, the whole meal is instantly ruined. If there is not enough cereal, the whole meal is a failure and you aren't satisfied.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler
    If you are trying to AE tank and a bad dps is attacking the wrong target and dies, we call that justice.