Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Transmog and Void Storage Idea.. It's a big one.

Let me start off by saying that I enjoy the idea of these systems, transmog and void storage, quite a bit. I may not use the systems often personally, but love to see the creativity of the community and love to see an awesome transmog set. That being said, I believe they could be compounded upon, but I will leave it up to the watchful eye of this community to tell me if the ideas are utter garbage, or something that a great deal of us would like to see.

Admittedly these systems are both in their infancy, but they could already do with an integration of sorts to really flesh out the ideas between both systems. I'll try to keep the basic idea down to five general ideas. I would appreciate if you came here that you read the ideas and leave your feedback, positive or negative, as this will help Blizzard look at the system and what they can do with it to improve it, whether that is with my ideas or not.

The Five Basic Ideas (Also the TL;DR for you chumps D:<)

1. Open Transmogrification for all items that are green quality or greater. (Including legendary items and silly items.)
    2. Integrate the two systems. Turn Void Storage into a "Model Bank" so to speak, that could be used for all characters on that particular account.
    3. Turn the transmogrification options into 2-handed Weapon, Main hand, Off hand, 1-handed Weapon, Dagger, and Staves (which would include polearms). Forget the subcategories, such as Axe, Mace, or Sword. Dagger is only included as a separate category as it is treated as a separate class altogether in the World of Warcraft.
    4. Only limit transmogrification to what your class can equip.
    5. Five is more of a suggested addition to help the system, and it comes as a merchant who could sell recolors of retired models, and perhaps just recolors of existing models now for a small fee. Retired models would refer to Deadly Gladiator Weapons, etc.

If you have read this far, Thanks. At least you seem intrigued enough in my idea that you have actually read it. From here on, I will be elaborating each point and providing some examples of how it would work. And let me say again, any feedback to this idea would be greatly appreciated, I put some thought into this and would like to see fellow thoughts, and combative thoughts to why this would be a bad idea. Feel free to skip the examples, and thanks for reading again.

I'm just wondering what you guys think of my idea, I posted this on the official forums in hopes of some potential attention, as I tried to put a lot of thought and heart into the idea. However, any feedback, official or not, will help me refine it.

Original Thread: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/4856726157

Thanks all,

Arkhwitch
    “From even the greatest of horrors irony is seldom absent.”

15+ Year Old Account
    No legendaries. Have you seen how easy legendaries are to get? Old ones are easy to get because the content is practically soloable. Newer ones are easier to get because the content isn't catered to the upper echelon.

I don't want to see 578439765834976239857 Thunderfuries/Warglaives/Dragonswraths/ect all over SW/Org. No. Thank. You.
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

15+ Year Old Account
    - Make White & Grey items Transmog'able.
    - Keep Legendaries non-Transmog'able.
    - Give a specific Label/designation to items that are not meant to be transmog'ed.
    Last edited by Nurvus; 2012-05-06 at 12:28 PM.
    Why did you create a new thread? Use the search function and post in existing threads!
    Why did you necro a thread?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellash View Post
    - Open Transmog to white items.
    - Keep Legendaries off Transmog.
    - Give a specific Label/designation to items that are not meant to be transmog'ed.
    This. Twill set is awesome, glaives/thunderfury are silly

Okay, I now understand why some people argue against legendaries haha. I did not think about a million people using them, as they frequently look better than a lot of stuff.

I could agree to white items being in there, though. I just wasn't sure it fit that original theme of transmog, which seemed to me like transferring magical essence. However, other than legendaries, I don't see a reason to restrict anything this way.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenixdown View Post
    No legendaries. Have you seen how easy legendaries are to get? Old ones are easy to get because the content is practically soloable. Newer ones are easier to get because the content isn't catered to the upper echelon.

I don't want to see 578439765834976239857 Thunderfuries/Warglaives/Dragonswraths/ect all over SW/Org. No. Thank. You.
    You mean like how I walk around org seeing 5689374982734987235 Crystal Spires/Bulwark of Azzinoth/Armaggedon?

There are just as many popular transmoggable weapons without including legendaries, denying them but changing other rules is just an arbitrary line you've decided.

10+ Year Old Account
    I dont mind the weapon type being enforced, but if it's being enforced for OTHER weapons it should be enforced for ALL weapons...why would ranged weapons be the exception?

Another thing: they need to lift the one hand/main hand thing. Some people like uniformity. I can understand the reason behind not making the actual weapons one hand or main hand, but why would you make it so they cant look the same? that's dumb. I know that I for one have had trouble finding a good transmog weapon to fit my set because all tank weapons seem to be one handed since DK's can dw tank. (and yes, I am biased because I have a particular model I want to use and can't. It doesn't change the point)

Quote Originally Posted by Lomanoft View Post
    I dont mind the weapon type being enforced, but if it's being enforced for OTHER weapons it should be enforced for ALL weapons...why would ranged weapons be the exception?
    Another thing: they need to lift the one hand/main hand thing. Some people like uniformity. I can understand the reason behind not making the actual weapons one hand or main hand, but why would you make it so they cant look the same? that's dumb. I know that I for one have had trouble finding a good transmog weapon to fit my set because all tank weapons seem to be one handed since DK's can dw tank. (and yes, I am biased because I have a particular model I want to use and can't. It doesn't change the point)
    Your bias doesn't change the point, that I agree with. My entire idea is based on my bias of wanting to do things with the system that I can't but that I believe should be accessible. But you pose a good point. If they can change how off-hand and main-hand works for fist weapons in the beta, why even have the option for off-hand main-hand in the first place?

15+ Year Old Account
    I love Rugged Leather for Rogue.
    Alot of white items look like guards/etc and that's awesome.
    Alot of green items look rubbish, by comparison. So White items are as valid for Transmog as any other.
    Even some Grey items are good looking.

I agree with allowing people to transmog a sword into an axe and whatnot, as long as the animations are the same (daggers and staves/polearms being separate weapon types)

As for Legendaries...

I understand the argument that not everyone has Legendaries, or that Legendaries aren't necessarily the favorite items for everyone - I personally have alot of non-legendary items as my all-time favorites.

The one exception would be Warglaives, wich are unique-looking.
    Trust me when I say this...
    ...every Combat Rogue and Frost DK would wear Warglaives of Azzinoth.

If Blizzard makes non-Legendary Warglaive-type weapons, then this might work out.
    Last edited by Nurvus; 2012-05-06 at 12:46 PM.
    Why did you create a new thread? Use the search function and post in existing threads!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenixdown View Post

Everything is easy to get nowdays. And who cares if its legendary? People might wanna use them because they look better or to show of their leet skills, so let them? Legendary doesnt mean anything, never did, never will. (well it means it has some quests/story and better dmg but who cares)

And yea, make gray and white quality items able too.

Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account
    1. Agree, but no legendaries
    2. Agree, maybe just open VS to all "equip-able" items (tabards, trinkets, etc. included). Reguarding cross-toon xmog, I think blizzard is pretty set on having the toon acquire items themselves (I.e. no lvl 1 bank toons xmogged into T9).
    3. Agree.
    4. Disagree, personally wouldn't want to see a paladin tank running around in cloth.
    5. Already implemented via DMF, blizzard has said more models will be added to those vendors over time.

10+ Year Old Account
    No legendaries, imagine every time you've seen someone with Warglaives equipped.
    Multiply that by too much.
    That's how many people that would transmog legendaries.
    Garrosh did nothing wrong.
    #MakeTheHordeGreatAgain

15+ Year Old Account
    1. Open it to all qualities (white and grey included), except perhaps Legendaries.
    2. I only agree with cross-character transmog if all restrictions apply (level/class/etc), essentially it would only remove the need to acquire "hard-to-get" items on multiple characters.
    3. Agree
    4. Transmog should only allow items that your character can equip directly.
    5. Some colors are hard to obtain, like high arena ranking requirement, etc. So you should be required to obtain those models yourself.
    Blizzard should make them all available, however.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellash View Post
    1. Open it to all qualities (white and grey included), except perhaps Legendaries.
    2. I only agree with cross-character transmog if all restrictions apply (level/class/etc), essentially it would only remove the need to acquire "hard-to-get" items on multiple characters.
    3. Agree
    4. Transmog should only allow items that your character can equip directly.
    5. Some colors are hard to obtain, like high arena ranking requirement, etc. So you should be required to obtain those models yourself.
    Blizzard should make them all available, however.
    I realize #4 is throwing some people off, so Hellash has it right on with what I meant. You still have to be able to equip the item as your class, and armor class restriction still applies. This, however is about a dead on meaning of what I intended with my post... I'm just bad with words.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhys View Post
    No legendaries, imagine every time you've seen someone with Warglaives equipped.
    Multiply that by too much.
    That's how many people that would transmog legendaries.
    Will people stop saying this? This argument is just silly. There are tons of epics that have far better models than the legendaries that i see EVERYWHERE!

Also they re-made sulfuras as an epic mace in firelands, think about that did you? So why not allow use of the old model.

And to be fair, you say they are easy to get? Glaives and the Bow are it. The rest actually require gathering stuff of some sort or spending gold on the AH for mats. Whilst EVERYTHING else is just a drop on its own, far far easier to get. The only thing that has changed is the ability to solo the content and have 100% of having the drops IF it drops.

Who cares if you see every rogue/dk with the glaives? i certainly don't. I know my dk is going to be 2h unholy again anyway (as you can have a giest instead of a ghoul), and i enjoy being mutilate/sub on my rogue, so i have no use for swords.

Tier and PVP gear is far more prominent already than anything else, so it really doesnt matter. I would love to be able to use my thunderfury/shadowmourne/old sulfuras.

In proper fantasy books, does the hero change their weapon as much as we do? Hardly, they tend to start off with their lame but useful weapon, find some awesome magical doodad weapon and they use that forever more. I see this should be the same deal with the legendaries or ANY weapon anyone wants to use. Wanna be the village idiot that dual wields fish? why not, more fun for them. And the one thing i hate is restricting fun which is all i see people complaining about day in and day out on these forums, and simply it needs to fuck off.

/rant

Idea: Legendary items can be used for transmogrification, but with restrictions and risks.

- A legendary item can be used for 7 days for transmogrification.
    - After 7 days a legendary item goes into a void cooldown.
    - A void cooldown is during 30 days, which means the Legendary item cannot be sued in that time.
    - The void cooldown also rules for the other item. This item cannot be used for transmogrification for 7 days.
    - If the Legendary item is used 5 times for transmogrification the legendary item shatters and turns into a white item and will lose it's magic powers(aka: no stats).

Story: Legendary items are too strong and the power of transmogrification is too weak to hold the appearance for longer than 7 days. The other items transmogrification magic needs a recharge as well which is during 7 days before it is recovered.

This will have to make you think twice before using a Legendary item for transmogrification.

Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account
    Another rediculous "solution" to allow legendary xmogs:
    The process of using a legendary as an xmog destroys said legendary in the process; they are super easy to get after all, right?

/sarcasm

Quote Originally Posted by Arkhwitch View Post
    1. Open Transmogrification for all items that are green quality or greater. (Including legendary items and silly items.)
    2. Integrate the two systems. Turn Void Storage into a "Model Bank" so to speak, that could be used for all characters on that particular account.
    3. Turn the transmogrification options into 2-handed Weapon, Main hand, Off hand, 1-handed Weapon, Dagger, and Staves (which would include polearms). Forget the subcategories, such as Axe, Mace, or Sword. Dagger is only included as a separate category as it is treated as a separate class altogether in the World of Warcraft.
    4. Only limit transmogrification to what your class can equip.
    5. Five is more of a suggested addition to help the system, and it comes as a merchant who could sell recolors of retired models, and perhaps just recolors of existing models now for a small fee. Retired models would refer to Deadly Gladiator Weapons, etc.
    Awesome suggestions you made there!
    1. I support this idea. Blizzard is excluding legendaries because those should feel like one, however most legendaries don't even have that awesome wow-effect.
    2. Maybe even open it up more. For every character that you buy Void Storage on, it adds another tab. So with 2 characters you have a total of 160 slots that both characters can freely use.
    3/4. Don't even seperate daggers from it. Just limit it to 2handers, 1handers, mainhand, offhand, ranged, staff/polearm. For some reason I feel staves and polearms don't belong to the 2hander category, even though they technically are. Ofcourse the restriction that it has to be usable by the class should still apply. Armor restrictions are perfect now.
    5. We now have the option to get "replica armor" for some sets. This could indeed be expanded to include recolors of several sets out there. However those shouldn't be available for gold. Make those available for JP/HP depending on the use of the original set, or make a new currency for it (or include those also in the DMF tokens, although I feel a lot of people wouldn't be so happy with that).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeror View Post
    Idea: Legendary items can be used for transmogrification, but with restrictions and risks.

- A legendary item can be used for 7 days for transmogrification.
    - After 7 days a legendary item goes into a void cooldown.
    - A void cooldown is during 30 days, which means the Legendary item cannot be sued in that time.
    - The void cooldown also rules for the other item. This item cannot be used for transmogrification for 7 days.
    - If the Legendary item is used 5 times for transmogrification the legendary item shatters and turns into a white item and will lose it's magic powers(aka: no stats).

Story: Legendary items are too strong and the power of transmogrification is too weak to hold the appearance for longer than 7 days. The other items transmogrification magic needs a recharge as well which is during 7 days before it is recovered.

This will have to make you think twice before using a Legendary item for transmogrification.
    How about... NO? lol

Just make em moggable, there is no point to having a 'bad side' to it. Especially if you worked your ass off to get them at the correct time.

---------- Post added 2012-05-06 at 02:44 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Asmekiel View Post
    Awesome suggestions you made there!
    3/4. Don't even seperate daggers from it.
    Rogues have a few abilities that require daggers, so NO tbh.

10+ Year Old Account
    How about... NO? lol

Just make em moggable, there is no point to having a 'bad side' to it. Especially if you worked your ass off to get them at the correct time.

This ^