Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    @OP

Sry mate, but do you mind posting a link where Daeity actually sais that? Because I read his blog constantly and I can't remember him saying smth along these lines. Personally, I think everyone will get in beta and I think they will do what they said: invite in waves... the problem is that indeed, you will have ppl with anual pass who will get into beta, say, 2 weeks before beta ends... But 90%? Nah, I don't really think so and I would be really interested where was this information posted (if at all).

Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    What impression did you get from; "...beta access will go live the beta launch."
    That I would get access to the beta. Period.
    "You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist."
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Deleted
    I just hate the fact that "Beta " has lost his magic over the last years , like 5 to 6 years ago beta testers would apply , and the company actually looked at the application for beta testing . 50 % of the people don't even know what beta testing is about and this makes me sad.
    Beta testing means : you play the game but actually play it in a different way as you normally play games, you are ment to do quests in different way's to see if there are bugs if you do it in another way etc...
    Or simply just give feedback of the game , and REPORT every single bug you come across . Many people there days just play the game , then actually think they can keep the character they level meanwhile , and dont report anything... , Its not all these dumb players there fault but also from the company's they actually "sell" beta invites now wich is just retarded , many people would disagree with that they don't sell it , but every action for example subscripe for 1 year wow and you get auto beta invite is selling !
    Just saying this out there the gaming industrie is getting fucked and everything is about money now...

Quote Originally Posted by K0tY View Post
    Law is subjective.
    Funny, they don't seem to be. Feel free to break a law and then say to the police that you didn't feel like it was a law, see how it goes.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Well, there is a ton of annual passes to give a beat to, yet no way to tell how many, if any at all, will do actual beta testing. In addition to humongous amounts of annual passers they have to also stick in considerable numbers of opt-ins, where they know at least part of the people will actually test stuff.
    All in all, guaranteed beta for annual passers was a bad decision to begin with, and everything they can do to it at this points is just varying degrees of bad.

P.S. Although the DC guys is correct on the general situation, he is pulling numbers out of his ass. I doubt even blizz is concretely set on any plan yet, carefully monitoring the public reactions instead.

Angry guy with no press invite, looking for more site clicks and trying to feed the drama. Thats all it is.
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by camelcrane View Post
    I read this on Digital Castration.

How reliable is this guy?

This sucks if true
    I doubt this is true, but I hope it is, mostly because I want to see what happens. If annual pass people are complaining this bad after only a couple days without beta access, I can't imagine what it will be like months from now. My guess is that there will just be a lot of whining and talk of quitting but no follow through.

Quote Originally Posted by Serz View Post
    Better get my beta invite soon or else i'm breaking the annual contract
    hihi. i bet blizzard would be really really upset about that.

Quote Originally Posted by brirrspliff View Post
    hihi. i bet blizzard would be really really upset about that.
    They will spend weeks moping about the house in sweatpants, eating ice cream straight from the tub and bursting into tears for no reason.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Serz View Post
    Better get my beta invite soon or else i'm breaking the annual contract
    right. I'm sure. Let me know how that goes.

Deleted
    I am not fussed either way, i got diablo, i got wow and i got sparkle horse... Beta is just a bonus.

If they said "guaranteed access when it goes live" , thinking immedate invite is not midnless or childless.If they can say "guaranteed access when it goes live" and there 1M ap subs waiting for invite , they have to setup more servers to test for 1M people.Otherwise they are not keeping thir promises.

And please watch this specially 1:48 youtube.com/watch?v=dFpu24Ruo7k if you dont know where "guaranteed access when it goes live" sentence comes.
    Last edited by silverspring; 2012-03-23 at 12:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Idoru View Post
    That I would get access to the beta. Period.
    Did you think that the time frame of when you would offered beta access was unimportant because beta access was not the main reason you took the annual pass?

Did you think that the time frame of when you would offered beta access was unimportant because beta access was not the main reason you took the annual pass?
    No. All 3 perks were/are equally important to me.
    "You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist."
    Friedrich Nietzsche

it would be a terribly bad move on Blizzard (not that I trust these "I have a speculation - fact" sources) when we indeed signed up for a firm offer and not a "chance to" offer.
    I'm waiting patiently for my beta access

Quote Originally Posted by Idoru View Post
    No. All 3 perks were/are equally important to me.
    Ah, so why are you not bothered that you were originally told that you have access when it went live? Do you not see why people might be annoyed to find out that they might have wait several weeks for access to beta when they were led to believed they would be getting it immediately?

Ah, so why are you not bothered that you were originally told that you have access when it went live? Do you not see why people might be annoyed to find out that they might have wait several weeks for access to beta when they were led to believed they would be getting it immediately?
    I wasn't "led to believe" anything.

Because I'm a fairly rational human being. Because I knew that they would have said "as soon as" if that was indeed what they meant.
    Last edited by Idoru; 2012-03-23 at 01:06 PM.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Why are people so keen to give up their rights? It reasonable to expect that the terms of the contract would reflect what is written in the FAQ otherwise the contract has been misrepresented.
    You obviously don't know me, I value my rights very seriously. When I flex my rights, know I mean business and that it is for something important and worth while. This is not a rights violation, this is a minor inconvenience. People are throwing their toys because they are pampered brats. If anyone actually took this to court or even complained to the advertisement board they would be laughed out of the building. When your rights are actually being violated, then I will stand next to you and throw down the oppressors. Until then, enjoy the fact your not playing a buggy game and take in all the new info that is being released.

who said immediately?
    Isnt 10% of infinite still infinite?

Quote Originally Posted by ambigiouslynamed View Post
    who said immediately?
    Michael Morhaime (president and a co-founder of Blizzard Entertainment said) but not immediately ;"guaranteed access when it goes live" youtube.com/watch?v=ovVAdoycwcM&feature=player_detailpage#t=82s