Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    It was just some person posting that on the comment section, nothing more..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Margallo View Post
    With all this content I'm sure it will get a Summer release.
    With what content? 85-90 areas arent even avaible yet, nor were they shown at the press release.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd wager he's based the guestimate on the current amount of beta testers that have recieved invites, compared that to the guestimate on the current amount of annual pass holders and declared the current amount of beta invite holders to be the final amount, then based those statements on those observations and assumptions.

Then tomorrow comes and that percentage falls.
    It's always been Wankershim!
    My Brand!

10+ Year Old Account
    Kinda disappointed OP didn't supply a link,and here i was thinking he was self promoting oh well...
    I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is back on the scene! I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is my name, and fuckin' up motherfuckers is my game!

Quote Originally Posted by iblok View Post
    I'd say they are quite educated guesses. Of course you're free to go and search his past blog entries and see how well he has predicted. For example, Titan-related writings are based on recruitment info, artist portfolios, and personal FB pages (and whatnot) of the Blizzard staff, you can freely browse those posts.
    Everyone can speculate about Titan. I can do it right now. "I think it will have guns in it". Boom, I've clearly got me some inside information, time to start a website. Guessing things isn't a source, as I said. Guessing things while stalking people who work there also isn't a source. It's a guess. An educated guess, but still a guess, which anyone can do if they felt like wasting their time going through random people's Facebook pages and looking for hidden messages.

He also follows Diablo news and predicted quite accurately what the reasons behind the delay are and what would come out of that whole gambling mess.
    I am sure that the fact that they have redesigned and rebalanced quite a few things in the game to make it more fun since the delay were clearly just to throw us off the trail, right?
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Deleted
    well for a fact i been told everyone on A pass will get in within 1 and a half months -2 months (irl friend a GM) and thats what he been told

awesome source name

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by starkey View Post
    Kinda disappointed OP didn't supply a link,and here i was thinking he was self promoting oh well...
    2nd post from the bottom.

daeity.blogspot.se/2012/03/poe-giveaway-21.html

Quote Originally Posted by Bugmán View Post
    well for a fact i been told everyone on A pass will get in within 1 and a half months -2 months (irl friend a GM) and thats what he been told
    Well, you said a friend told you, so that's just as legitimate a source as the OP linked.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, he didn't say that. Someone posted it in a comment and he asked if he had a source for it.

People always claim that the serves cant handle that many people. I'd like to remind everyone that they can just open new servers. How do you think they handle the 10+ million people they have now? I mean seriously, use your brain.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by epec View Post
    It's really annoying that people think they're actually missing out on something. This is hardly a 'beta.' There are no quests, 1 instance and majority of the stuff is extremely unstable or broken.
    Sounds exactly like beta to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Zanno View Post
    People always claim that the serves cant handle that many people. I'd like to remind everyone that they can just open new servers. How do you think they handle the 10+ million people they have now? I mean seriously, use your brain.
    I hear servers are magical things that you can just wish into existence, and which don't require any hardware setup or maintenance at all. Those signed server blades they auctioned off for charity a while ago were just a cunning ploy.

83% of all statistics people give you are fake.

see what I did there ?

Blizzard will never do this unless they wanna have a riot on their hands. Just give them a week or so to sort out all invites. If they invite everyone at the same time servers will just crash, see what happens when an xpack is released, and now imagine that with 10% of the people and 1% of the servers.

People have to think more clearly. It is quite likely that the majority of annual pass players will never get into the beta. They simply cannot handle 1 million people in a beta nor would they want to. At the most, they will take in 100k people just like every other beta.

There are two scenarios:

1. They will dedicate a single weekend (probably the last weekend before they shut down the beta) and just let the remaining 900k or so people in on a free-for-all and just let the servers melt and they will not fix it. They will have met whatever limited commitment they had (though they honestly have zero commitment to give anyone anything since the contract states they can change the terms of the contract whenever they feel like).

2. They will let about 10k in at a time for a 2-3 hour window along with the 90k or so permanent testers. Once your window is up, whether you logged in or not, their commitment has been fulfilled. If your window is 3-6am on a Tuesday night - then that's your window. Take it or leave it. I think this will be the more likely scenario to control volume.

So it is perfectly reasonable to assume that Blizzard has no intentions of open-ended promises of the annual plan, they already changed it once from "immediate access when it goes live" to "access at some point". It's not a long chance to say they only meant "a higher chance of getting into the beta, but not guaranteed". You have to realize that Blizzard is now a hard-core political machine run by pathological MBA's who don't give a crap about reputation - just cold hard cash.

Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    With what content? 85-90 areas arent even avaible yet, nor were they shown at the press release.
    I'm pretty sure the people got to test out the first area of Pandaria at the press event.
    Blizz also 'said' (believing it or not is your choice) that 5 of the zones were done questing-wise. They just need to change its aesthetics.(textures missing and such).

I'm pretty sure they want to stagger content in Beta so they can get more 'concentrated' testing on the contents available.

The actual quote was NOT from Deity, it was from an anonymous poster:
    Anonymous said...

On Mists of Pandaria beta and Annual Pass:

More than 90% of Annual Pass holders will not be receiving their invites until 3-4 weeks before the expansion is released.

Deity then posted a reply asking for proof (link):
    Daeity said...

@Anonymous

That's brutal. It was a major selling point of MoP. I guess from Blue's perspective; "hey, at least we're fulfilling our end of the contract. You get to play the beta."

Do you have a link for that?

I realise that Deity gets hated on a lot so I just thought that the actual posts from his site might be useful so that he at least does not get raagged on for something he didn't say.

Brumfondl (who reads DC most days)

Herald of the Titans theredviola's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Nerd baiting. He just wants more hits on his blog. DO NOT give him the traffic by even going to his cite and looking at it.
    "Do not only practice your art, but force yourself into its secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine." -- Ludwig Van Beethoven

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ximinez View Post
    89.292109719082078 % of all quoted statistics are made up on the spot to make people look smarter/better/more informed.

see what I did there.
    not sure what youre talking about but thats very smart because of the credible statistics you bring up.

Deleted
    I think it would be good if the Annual pass players would get it one month before release. It give them way then enough time to find out about the monks and the new talents. Blizzard doesn't have to watch their crying and QQing because stuff is broken. The real beta testers should get a shot first because they know the game and know whats going on in it. Those who can write decent reports are way more useful then 90% of the Annual Pass buyers that just want Beta because "it's beta".