Page 1 of 18
... LastLast

More than "90% people with Annual Pass" won't get beta till a month before release

I read this on Digital Castration.

How reliable is this guy?

This sucks if true

That would be a bad decision on Blizzard's part if so, but I doubt it.

I would wager that it's a total bullshit. Name isn't making that guy any favours.

I don't know what DC is but it sounds like it's a lotta BS. No way they know this for a fact.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Uhh, Digital Castration? ....

Source that your source uses please =p

15+ Year Old Account
    Digital Castration is not an official Blizzard fansite, so they don't get any inside information except leaks, and I assume (correctly) that Bibi and others are better informed than they.

I would imagine it could take up to 6 weeks or so to get all the AP people into the beta though.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

10+ Year Old Account
    Does he quote any sources from the statistic? He sounds like another person that's all upset because they didn't get in day one. I'll wait for a blue poster to confirm something like that before I believe it. The blues indicate that the invites will happen soon.
    Originally Posted by Rukah

It's called balancing.
    Maybe you should try balancing the large cup of QQ in your left hand with a big mug of STFU in your right.
    Just sayin'

Quote Originally Posted by Simca View Post
    Digital Castration is not an official Blizzard fansite, so they don't get any inside information except leaks, and I assume (correctly) that Bibi and others are better informed than they.

I would imagine it could take up to 6 weeks or so to get all the AP people into the beta though.
    Um I don't think Blizzard would let official fansites talk about something like this. Probably would threaten them with a media/event invite ban.

Daeity's website. Why does that sound familiar?

10+ Year Old Account
    ... i doubt it, since people are making up random % the beta i say being out ONLY 1 day not even is only about 30% there. mostly panda starting zone and maybe the first zone on the new island with 2 dungeons that i seen. If they did invite 1million people tonight they would be pissed anyway lol

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's a blog, their credibility is about 5/100.

He's not a dev, and he seems to be constantly seeking attention for his blog.

So his total credibility is -1/100.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Link and who knows. I mean, they don't need 2 million testers....so this guy might have some truth to what he's saying. I mean how many beta servers are they running in addition to regular wow servers? I mean to accommodate that kind of capacity would cost them. I have a feeling there will be a few who get in early, but for blizzard to run full servers right until release seems a bit far fetched. I see a "lets let them in at the end cause we said we would" thing happening here.

Quote Originally Posted by camelcrane View Post
    Um I don't think Blizzard would let official fansites talk about something like this. Probably would threaten them with a media/event invite ban.
    Well, yes, if official fansites start pulling such proclamations outta their asses Blizz would call them on it, I'm sure.
    Last edited by Weerra; 2012-03-22 at 09:05 PM.

Kind of hard to give a percentage when you don't know the actual numbers of annual pass participants. This guy must have his major in a social science.

Everyone with the Annual Pass will get an invite, it does not say when, and I doubt that they would wait until a month before to invite 90% of the people...

The purpose of a beta test is to TEST THE GAME. Inviting only 100k players would not be in their best interest for actual feedback.

10+ Year Old Account
    With all this content I'm sure it will get a Summer release.
    For the Horde!

Wasn't this the guy who claimed to have leaked all the MoP stuff back in March? Or something along that line?

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeina View Post
    Wasn't this the guy who claimed to have leaked all the MoP stuff back in March? Or something along that line?
    Can't find that, but I can find that this guy is heavily anti-Blizzard.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    89.292109719082078 % of all quoted statistics are made up on the spot to make people look smarter/better/more informed.

see what I did there.

How could they possibly know this? It is just as valid as my claim that 100% of AP subscribers will get into beta within the next 10 minutes.