Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drixt View Post
    I'm curious on how the interaction between mushrooms from multiple druids will work out. Balance and Resto in the same raid, 6 mushrooms out.... If Balance detonates them, then will all 6 actually blow up and will the 3 from the Resto druid get the bonus from Solar eclipse? If Resto blooms them, same deal? Do all 6 bloom, are the all effected by the Resto talents/bonuses? Finally, do you have to be in ToL or Moonkin to place the shrooms, or just be spec'd resto/balance?

Wild Mushroom - 10.3% of Base Mana, 40 yd range Instant, Can be cast in Tree of Life Form, Moonkin Form
    Grow a magical Mushroom with 5 Health at the target location. After 6 sec, the Mushroom will become invisible. Other Wild Mushroom abilities can target these mushrooms for additional effects. Only 3 Mushrooms can be placed at one time.

Wild Mushroom: Detonate - 40 yd range, Instant, 10 sec cooldown
    Detonates all of your Wild Mushrooms, dealing 292 to 354 Nature damage to all nearby targets within 6 yards, and creating a Fungal Growth in each mushroom's wake covering an area within 8 yards, slowing all enemy targets by 50%, and lasting 20 sec.

Wild Mushroom: Bloom - 40 yd range, Instant, 10 sec cooldown
    Causes all of your Wild Mushrooms to bloom, healing all allies within 6 yards for 4264 to 5159.
    I'm pretty sure it will only effect your own 3.

I had briefly read through most of the posts in here but I am not sure if it was asked already or not. However is there also a glyph that will let you use the new tree form that was introduced in Cata. I know I am probably one of the only individuals but I actually liked the new form with being able to have a staff on your back better than the original. Are we able to transform into this form as well?

---------- Post added 2012-03-28 at 01:22 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by fyl View Post
    How about the healing shrooms, is it 1 click target them then 1 click to plant them and you have to do it 3 times to plant them all? and click detonate to activate them? thats a lot of clicking, and with watching your lifebloom and harmony dont fall off and watching what is happening around us hope we getting to do some healing. Would like them to made mastery a passive one. We have way to much cluncky things. lol, if you planted 3 shrooms and the raid moves 10 yards to the left you f*cked and can start all over again.
    I personally hope its 3 seperate clicking cause say you have your raid split into 3 groups place a mushroom in each group and when u need it bam a nice heal

Detonates all of your Wild Mushrooms, dealing 292 to 354 Nature damage to all nearby targets within 6 yards, and creating a Fungal Growth in each mushroom's wake covering an area within 8 yards, slowing all enemy targets by 50%, and lasting 20 sec.

Causes all of your Wild Mushrooms to bloom, healing all allies within 6 yards for 4264 to 5159.
    You only ever blow up your mushrooms, not someone elses. The line you mentioned is poorly worded but it's meant to explain that Wild Mushrooms can be targeted by your Wild Mushroom: Detonate, or your Wild Mushroom: Bloom. It just means the shrooms work with either "boom", but you only ever blow up your 1-3 shrooms, never someone elses

Quote Originally Posted by Hypnozis View Post
    I personally hope its 3 seperate clicking cause say you have your raid split into 3 groups place a mushroom in each group and when u need it bam a nice heal
    Well, it would be nice if they worked like demo locks Hand of Gul'dan(you select it once and the reticule stays up until you run out of charges) so you don't have to press the button again to set another shroom. You'd still need the three clicks to place them, but only one button press to get to that stage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Did a quick search with no results, just wondering will vortex pull a player out of stealth?

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm curious on how the interaction between mushrooms from multiple druids will work out. Balance and Resto in the same raid, 6 mushrooms out.... If Balance detonates them, then will all 6 actually blow up and will the 3 from the Resto druid get the bonus from Solar eclipse? If Resto blooms them, same deal? Do all 6 bloom, are the all effected by the Resto talents/bonuses? Finally, do you have to be in ToL or Moonkin to place the shrooms, or just be spec'd resto/balance?

Wild Mushroom - 10.3% of Base Mana, 40 yd range Instant, Can be cast in Tree of Life Form, Moonkin Form
    Grow a magical Mushroom with 5 Health at the target location. After 6 sec, the Mushroom will become invisible. Other Wild Mushroom abilities can target these mushrooms for additional effects. Only 3 Mushrooms can be placed at one time.

Um.

You've only ever controlled your own Mushrooms. There could be 3902438 mushrooms out. When you detonate or bloom, it'll be your mushrooms (maximum 3).

You do not need to be in moonkin form to place the shrooms, or blow them up. The 'can be cast' is saying you can be cast in them. You do not need to be.

If you want the bonus damage effects of moonkin form, or the bonus healing effects of being in the incarnation state, then yes, you'd have to be in that state when you blow them up or bloom them. You can place the shrooms in any form, it doesn't matter.

---------- Post added 2012-03-28 at 09:19 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Hypnozis View Post
    I had briefly read through most of the posts in here but I am not sure if it was asked already or not. However is there also a glyph that will let you use the new tree form that was introduced in Cata. I know I am probably one of the only individuals but I actually liked the new form with being able to have a staff on your back better than the original. Are we able to transform into this form as well?

---------- Post added 2012-03-28 at 01:22 PM ----------

I believe the Incarnation tree form is the new graphic.
    Sunfyre | @FoGSunfyre

Quote Originally Posted by Sunfyre View Post
    So... the fact that they've removed a lot of buggy annoying things from Eclipse (ie: Having to pre-cast the opposite nuke as you're entering Eclipse), made things more streamlined (Nature's Grace automatically proc'ing), given us an ACTUAL DPS cooldown (lol treants as a cooldown), made our DoTs actually last an entire Eclipse (and then some), allow us to actually put up BOTH DoTs instead of overwriting one with the other... making it always beneficial to move Eclipses fast as possible and not linger and solar cleave, completely re-working our AoE strategy, made Lunar Shower decent again, given us Symbiosis.. that's all boring to you? You'd rather have it the way it is now?
    I personally find the only problem with moonkins was the asymmetry between solar and lunar ecplise -and even so, we have managed quite well so far with that. I do find MoP's moonkin rotation extremely dull for what I have read, and many of those things you quote as annoying were actually the main factor making balance a fun spec to play. I had no problem with having to reapply DoTs, it was always a decision you made depending on procs and timing, same thing with precasting -they made playing a moonkin extremely fun and rewarding, despite some design flaws. PvP will be definitely better for us, but PvE is looking extremely unappealing imho, despitethe addition of the new cooldowns (which imply no decision making whatsoever, as 99% of the time you will use them as soon as they are up again).

Quote Originally Posted by Sunfyre View Post
    I believe the Incarnation tree form is the new graphic.
    Given that Resto Incarnation is the exact same spell as ToL on live, that seems rather likely, yes.

Though, that makes me wonder. Can you shift in and out of ToL on live for the duration currently? Or would that end the transformation prematurely? Incarnation gets replaced with the new shapeshift and allows free back and forth for the 30s it lasts.(You can actually shift from Chosen back to normal Moonkin)

Can we ride our mounts while in Moonkin form in beta? I always wanted to be able to ride our mounts while being a moonkin without having to use the work around method which they fixed recently. Doesnt really make sense since the animation is already there.

Though, that makes me wonder. Can you shift in and out of ToL on live for the duration currently?
    No. It almost never becomes an issue in pve, but pvp rdruids complain about losing travel form during tol.

Well, i guess they can rejoice now.

If I'm reading savage defense correctly from the front page notes, I'm left wondering: what does mastery do for Guardian? *a 60 rage, 40% damage reduction, 6s duration, 1.5s cooldown is a complete change from 'passive absorb shield generated on critical strikes'.

Can you mount with a glyph of stars moonkin and have an ethereal mount like when shadow priests mount up?

Quote Originally Posted by blammergeier View Post
    If I'm reading savage defense correctly from the front page notes, I'm left wondering: what does mastery do for Guardian? *a 60 rage, 40% damage reduction, 6s duration, 1.5s cooldown is a complete change from 'passive absorb shield generated on critical strikes'.
    The Guardian mastery gives increased percentage armor bonus. Savage Defense now acts more like a warrior's Shield Block in MoP, reducing a fixed percentage of the melee attack.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ISKREEM View Post
    Can you mount with a glyph of stars moonkin and have an ethereal mount like when shadow priests mount up?
    yes, you can: 15:42 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxyPXs2DxD8

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    At least not once they managed to fix Hurricane doing twice the damage of Arcane Storm.

Haven't really tested Guardian spec yet(feral second gets turned into guardian when you copy), but it looks like it will require some relearning. Quite a bit of stuff is different.
    Resto treants actually spam HT no matter the situation. Including when they just stand around in a capital with no injured person in sight. Probably bugged.
    Arcane Storm apparently was nerfed. (Even though it was already 1/2 of Hurricane). Was Hurricane nerfed as well? Do they now do the same amount of damage?
    Sunfyre | @FoGSunfyre

Actually, it wasn't. It was buffed to the same level as Hurricane. Probably lowered the base but increased the coefficient.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Actually, it wasn't. It was buffed to the same level as Hurricane. Probably lowered the base but increased the coefficient.
    Apparently initially in betas it's hard to take a spell and duplicate it into another spell pool. Just look at the debacle of sunfire/moonfire in Cataclysm beta and how long it took them to fix that. Thanks for the info.
    Sunfyre | @FoGSunfyre

Thanks for the information. I seem to remember, though, the old days of 'bears have the most armor of the tank classes', which led to 'bears have too much armor', which led to 'bears need a mechanic to compete with the reduction of armor needed to balance them with other classes', which led to the last iteration of savage defense (damage absorb), which leads to... more armor for bears?

That said, it's still beta, and I'm waiting to see what they do with tanking in total, since they've talked around a lot of ways to balance the tanking classes but shown little. Homogenization is one way to balance; I'm hoping they leave us a little difference between classes and find a more clever solution than 'four tanking classes that work the same but look slightly different and use different names for the same abilities.'

Deleted
    Looks like i just got in.. so I can start answering questions as well when i get home tonight