Deleted

Monk Autoattack animation.

So I am watching the Monk Leveling stream from MMO-Champ atm and the autoattack animation uses the weapon animation.

I.E. he uses a 1 handed mace and the Pandaren monk uses her mace to hit the enemy.
    I am kinda dissapointed by this, I thought Monks would use unarmed combat while using the weapons as a stat stick/finisher.

A monk swinging around a mace doesn't seem very....monk like..
    A Staff could work though..

15+ Year Old Account
    I agree.

I seem to remember something along these lines being said.

i'd suggest you re-evaluate the monk archetype. while also keeping in mind its a fantasy game in a fantasy world created and owned by blizzard.

Deleted
    To me the idea of a Monk is using your fists to fight mostly, and that was what Blizz wanted aswell from what i gathered at Blizzcon.

I know it's Blizzard's version of the monk, and it will use their vision of how it should play.
    But it just seems strange...because the whole point of the Monk class lore wise is that the Pandaren were opressed by the Mogu wich caused them to come up with the Monk fighting style because weapons were forbidden...

Now it's just gonna be like any other melee class..

hell, from checking out monk vids they seem like watered down Rogues with snazzy visuals anyway.

Really dissapointed.

Deleted
    It could very well be that the animations aren't finished yet for the monk autoattack. Or perhaps even a bug in the current patch. I'm confident they'll smooth it over quite a bit to a more hand-to-hand fighting style. Since the animations for i.e Jab looks very "kungfu" like. It's hard to think they'll let the autoattack look "general" compared to the Jab. It doesn't look very good atm and I'm sure they're aware of that. Be patient. It's just a few days into the beta.

as far as I know monks are based on kung fu monks, not karate.. kung fu uses wide array of weapons, including swords, polearms, stafs etc.. It does make sense for them to use those weapons in their autoattacks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Archaeon View Post
    In tbc everyone wished they were playing vanilla. In cataclysm everyone will wish they were playing wotlk.
    ^------True story!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Tbh I actually prefer it this way round, using the weapon for the Auto Attacks, and then using hands/feet for special moves.

It would have been a bit wierd if for no apparent reason using say a staff, would have meant that you could only punch once every three seconds, with one hand, but then using DW you could punch twice, each one on a different swing timer :S.

This way you hit them with whatever your weapon is, at the speed that fits it, but when you wanna unleash the REAL pain, you punch em in the throat, or kick em in the privates.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Staves are basically bo staff type ideas. Polearms is reminiscent of this style http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guan_dao. Any of the 2x 1h will be similar to what unarmed would look like.

If they were to give Monks their own unique weapon type, then raid loot drops would be pretty restrictive. Agility daggers are pretty much in the same position. The only other class that could get use out of agility dagger would be Enhancement Shaman but slower weapons are more viable for them. To try and make loot tables a bit easier for the whole group, I can understand why they gave them other weapon options.
    Quote Originally Posted by Caiada View Post
    Tanks are bowls. Healers are milk. DPS is the cereal. If you don't have a bowl, nothing's going anywhere but where you don't want it. If your milk's bad, the whole meal is instantly ruined. If there is not enough cereal, the whole meal is a failure and you aren't satisfied.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler
    If you are trying to AE tank and a bad dps is attacking the wrong target and dies, we call that justice.