Thread: Stuck at 33

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    It helped me to just put on some music and grind the missions. If you focus it isn't that hard and you can level every 2-3 hours.

Mine is Alderan.

I swear everytime I hit that world I say to myself "If I was Tarkin, I would have done it sooner"...

And the worst part is just as soon as I hit that I LOVE the other worlds. Hitting Taris/Balmora with a bigger toon just feels a lot more fun then with the lv18 ones the first go round. Then jeez...next thing you know it you are into chapter 3.

At least that's how it happened on my other 3 toons....but Alderan just sucks the life out of me to the point I begin hating Tatooine knowing Alderan is next

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    My brick wall is Coruscant. Nothing aggravates me more than all of the tunnels and having to double back. Oh how I hate the Justicar Sector.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dakia View Post
    My brick wall is Coruscant. Nothing aggravates me more than all of the tunnels and having to double back. Oh how I hate the Justicar Sector.
    Yeah Coruscant can be annoying, I find Tatooine to be the most *groan* moment, only done it once and dreading going back there.

I'm one of like 3 people who actually like Tattooine I think...don't mind Alderaan either. Hate Coruscant though, not overly fond of Nar Shadaa either. And Hoth sucks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HavocPrime View Post
    Yeah Coruscant can be annoying, I find Tatooine to be the most *groan* moment, only done it once and dreading going back there.
    I liked Tatooine, love the flashbacks to '77 that it gives me. The one I despise is Tarsis. Didn't like it in the original kotor and don't like it in TOR either.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

Quote Originally Posted by anathama View Post
    That's the level I quit at, too. My main storyline ended (whose idea was it to end the only reason worth playing halfway through the leveling process?) and I just had no drive to finish...
    Correction..your 1st chapter ended...there are 2 more chapters (and they are awesome)

---------- Post added 2012-03-23 at 02:58 PM ----------

Alderaan is meh...so is Voss imo....Belsavis is one of my favorites

10+ Year Old Account
    I got up to Tatooine and quit. I played ranged, melee, but Tatooine is the farthest I got. I think most of it has to do with my low FPS (don't have the money atm to upgrade the graphics card) I was really enjoying the sith warrior story but just lost all motivation. I can't pvp with my lag and space battles are only fun in random spurts. I'll probably try again when I upgrade my graphics but that only fixes the lag, not the lost motivation.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormcall View Post
    I'm one of like 3 people who actually like Tattooine I think...don't mind Alderaan either. Hate Coruscant though, not overly fond of Nar Shadaa either. And Hoth sucks.
    So it really is a game for all tastes

While I hate Alderaan, I LOVE Hoth. I found Hoth TOO short.

My wall comes whenever I get to Tattooine , something abiut a desert wasteland isn't appealing to me. I would love to get my Shadow up, but the grind the mid 20s is the worst.

But the best option is as others have said, just mix up some space missions and PVP and it will seem a lot grindy. Space missions are actually pretty good Exp for the 5-6 min they take.

I had the same problem, i ultimately quit, but i tried all 8 classes at least to 10. So i recommend try the other faction and another role. The linearity of the game pretty much killed it for me, the story is good but my best toon was commando and after tavus got captured, i just felt like, well that's it, no reason to play any more. Plus, there is nothing on the horizon in terms of big upgrades like addons, UI customization, or GTN changes. I'll come back in 6-12 months and see if the game has gotten better. They absolutely shot themselves in the foot with only 2 starter planets and a completely linear grind from there on out. The same 80% or 90% of quests for each toon gets real old real fast.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dakia View Post
    You're hitting one of the brick walls in leveling. There are a few of them throughout the process that are certainly daunting for a new player. Personally, I would recommend parking your character in fleet for about a week. Take a break, or level up a different character that plays in a completely different way.
    This right here. Maybe you just don't have that spark with your character that some of us have. I know for one that I cannot level another class past 25 without getting bored. I am in love with my Bounty Hunter and I'd rather sit AFK on fleet with him than log on another character. Maybe you just need to find that class.

---------- Post added 2012-03-24 at 02:33 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by gibbie99 View Post
    I had the same problem, i ultimately quit, but i tried all 8 classes at least to 10. So i recommend try the other faction and another role. The linearity of the game pretty much killed it for me, the story is good but my best toon was commando and after tavus got captured, i just felt like, well that's it, no reason to play any more. Plus, there is nothing on the horizon in terms of big upgrades like addons, UI customization, or GTN changes. I'll come back in 6-12 months and see if the game has gotten better. They absolutely shot themselves in the foot with only 2 starter planets and a completely linear grind from there on out. The same 80% or 90% of quests for each toon gets real old real fast.
    Hate to break it to you but every MMO is linear. Every single one of them. At least classes have their own personalized story line that makes things a little different. Also UI customization is coming in like 2 weeks.

My first character i did not have this problem - loved the whole sith warrior story - i got to 50 too quick i'd say. Now, my second character - i hit this problem too around 30ish leveling really slowed down and even grinding a bunch of quests didn't ding me and I started to get bored. To resolve it (and i have no idea why this worked) i did leave him in a cantina and found the leveling process was better for me with rested XP. It was quicker and more rewarding - now i have 2 50s and gearing the second one has been a blast. OP, i say get through it if you can - you will be "re-interested" when he hits 50.

10+ Year Old Account
    In your fish aquarium eating your fish flakes. NOM NOM
    As i stated earlier in the thread, im going to just sit in fleet for a couple of weeks while i play ffxiv and hope after ive capped rested it will be more fun. Appreciate all the advice ive been getting though but since i havent even logged on in a few days im starting to wonder if i like swtor expect for the story.
    Torchlight II Vanilla Player
    Looking for a vanilla only group?

http://forums.runicgames.com/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=40739

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Forsedar View Post
    Hate to break it to you but every MMO is linear. Every single one of them. At least classes have their own personalized story line that makes things a little different. Also UI customization is coming in like 2 weeks.
    Well I don't mind reminding you that with WAR we had three pve progression paths per faction to choose between before endgame. In WoW we had two continents to choose between and in one or two spots more than one zone within the same continent. TOR's "one planet one path" design for pve progression, before endgame, was hardly alt friendly for me. The "class stories" were nice but were only about ten percent of the content. When the other ninety percent is identical? As soon as the story starts to wear thin, TOR's pve progression can turn into a brutal grind.

Of course I started using the space bar a lot but when you skip most of the dialog, TOR loses what sets it "apart" most from other games, its story.

So while every mmorpg may be linear, there can be a significant difference on just how linear they are. I recall thinking that WAR was a very linear game because while I had three fronts to choose between, I felt like I was being funneled through a tunnel in each one. TOR makes even WAR look like a sandbox design in comparison.
    Last edited by SirRobin; 2012-03-24 at 03:55 PM.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hit that at around 44 on my sorc. I love the class, it's fun to play, but it feels like it takes forever because the story has gotten boring. The best part ended with the conclusion of chapter 1 and I slowly lost interest up to 45 and I can't bring myself to play her anymore. I've tried alts and I feel the story is not nearly as enjoyable so I can't get into it.

I managed to get a sage up to 35 on the same server, thinking that with a better win ratio for Republic I could push to cap... but, despite that being true, I find myself skipping over the story for the most part because it's so boring to me. It feels like it's Vanilla wow's grind (if not worse due to needing to spam the spacebar for something other than jumping) to me. I have to agree that this supposed "smooth leveling curve" is more like beating your face against your desk when nothing about the story appeals to you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishyface View Post
    As i stated earlier in the thread, im going to just sit in fleet for a couple of weeks while i play ffxiv and hope after ive capped rested it will be more fun. Appreciate all the advice ive been getting though but since i havent even logged on in a few days im starting to wonder if i like swtor expect for the story.
    Fishy you're not alone sadly same thing happened to me around the same level I took a few days off and then had to push/force myself to get to 50. I did the flashpoints and ops and then kinda shelved it. I'll give it a bit more time to mature as I'm sure there is ton of potential in the game. I will still follow it closely and most of my issues are self inflicted I stuck it out with another MMO from launch with it's growing pains. I can't do it again but with that said the MMO I stuck it out with has matured to be one of the best MMOs I've played so the people that are enjoying this game should continue to support it. I've been spoiled to much now to "grow" with a new launch game again but that's just me.

I think the key to enjoying this game atm is finding a good guild with like minded people and everything is good, the game can be feel very remote if you're not in this situation. Once there is enough bug free content to keep my unusually high standard of game expectations filled I will give it another chance. Fortunately my character is on a pretty busy server (Mind Trick) so population wasn't an issue and hopefully on my return it won't be then.

I'm also currently in a closed Alpha for another game can't disclose atm due to NDA (not Guildwars II, lol since it's not in Alpha) So bug testing to many games gets a bit tiring.

10+ Year Old Account
    In your fish aquarium eating your fish flakes. NOM NOM
    I think the key to enjoying this game atm is finding a good guild with like minded people and everything is good, the game can be feel very remote if you're not in this situation.
    Thats exactly where i am, i started a thread on that some time ago. Never was able to connect with people because of a lack of opportunity to find them.
    I think its just me and not wanting to try to be outgoing and agressive and picking up friends in swtor, not sure why thats the case. But on the other side of the coin i just joined ffxiv yesterday and im already in a guild and going to one of their events on monday.

Im not sure if its me, or the game at this point. You would think id be the same in both games.
    Torchlight II Vanilla Player
    Looking for a vanilla only group?

http://forums.runicgames.com/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=40739

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishyface View Post
    Thats exactly where i am, i started a thread on that some time ago. Never was able to connect with people because of a lack of opportunity to find them.
    I think its just me and not wanting to try to be outgoing and agressive and picking up friends in swtor, not sure why thats the case. But on the other side of the coin i just joined ffxiv yesterday and im already in a guild and going to one of their events on monday.

Im not sure if its me, or the game at this point. You would think id be the same in both games.
    I found myself extremely excited about the game (TOR). The excitement dwindled down when I started raiding, etc. I think it was just my crowd because I eventually moved onto a VERY outstanding guild with a lot of fun and entertaining people. Now I love logging in to talk to them. Hell I'm on vent logged on most of the day just to talk to these people, even if we are playing minecraft or such. You don't have to JUST play one game at a time. My guild raids and clears all content, but when we aren't raiding we are found on Minecraft or EQ or ME3. Just find people you can actually call 'friends'. I mean I text them. Probably going to hang out with them eventually IRL. Thats what is making the game fun for me right now, but I guess you can say that about any game.

the phrases 'TOR' and 'brutal grind' do NOT belong in the same sentence. The grind is lolable in TOR. Gawd you can hit max level in a few days if you're really focused. It took me months of moderate play when WoW first came out.