Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Narcuru View Post
    No idea i looked through the database but couldn't find any on a cursory search. Might just be something for in house testing (and thus nothing of importance), but then again who knows what it could be.
    Hmm me neither. Just noticed too that there are Spears in the list, which I at first assumed was just Polearms, but those are mentioned seperately. I also see Wands on the list, but we knew about them from Blizzcon.

So Spears and Exotics might be new weapon classes. Best guess I can think of is that this has to do with the Monk class in some way. HMM so many mysteries with this Beta. Gotta love it

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Hmm me neither. Just noticed too that there are Spears in the list, which I at first assumed was just Polearms, but those are mentioned seperately. I also see Wands on the list, but we knew about them from Blizzcon.

So Spears and Exotics might be new weapon classes. Best guess I can think of is that this has to do with the Monk class in some way. HMM so many mysteries with this Beta. Gotta love it
    I didn't see the spears in there until after you said that. A more thorough search reviled nothing in terms of spears or exotics (apparently the search in WoWdb only goes by name not by weapon type so when you search for polearm it will only show weapons that have polearm in the name). Maybe something will show up in later builds (hope so spears would be kinda cool)

check this out: Enchant Weapon - Dancing Steel

First glance might not be all that cool (woo str and agi proc) but check out the list of weapons it can be cast on
    Oh god if it can double/triple/quadruple stack like landslide.. Jesus christ

10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't see the spears in there until after you said that. A more thorough search reviled nothing in terms of spears or exotics (apparently the search in WoWdb only goes by name not by weapon type so when you search for polearm it will only show weapons that have polearm in the name). Maybe something will show up in later builds (hope so spears would be kinda cool)
    I could most definitely go for a Spear on my Monk.

I read on Boubouille's blog (try saying that 3 times fast) that they are very much workign on the DB, so maybe they'll get a function like that in. Wowhead beta DB has a choice to search by weapon type, but of course not the weapon types we need, cause they are new and therefor need to first be added >.<
    The only Spears I can find on Wowhead, that are of Mists type level, are all classed as Polearm in the weapons tag. Nothing about Exotics.

I could most definitely go for a Spear on my Monk.

I read on Boubouille's blog (try saying that 3 times fast) that they are very much workign on the DB, so maybe they'll get a function like that in. Wowhead beta DB has a choice to search by weapon type, but of course not the weapon types we need, cause they are new and therefor need to first be added >.<
    The only Spears I can find on Wowhead, that are of Mists type level, are all classed as Polearm in the weapons tag. Nothing about Exotics.
    Yeah I was thinking of mentioning something like that to him, but I figured it would already be in the pipeline. I also found those spears (green rarity no stats I think?) which is why I went through every single weapon you can find in the current build (just quickly hovered over the link and checked the weapon type).

I remember seeing spears and exotics in the datamined info for Cata too. It was explained to me then that spears are polearms with a stabbing animation while polearms (described in the same place as spears) are polearms with a hacking animation like axes.

Exotics I don't remember exactly, but I believe they are weapons used in a different way. the animations have to look right on them compared to other stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    cant wait to find out

Still no agi to Hands or back.

Yet int to back.

I can't wait to take a stat hit or enchant some worthless ass secondaries.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ankram View Post

Yet int to back.

Meh. In Cata you have INT on back, but not on hands or feet. You have STR on hands, but not on back or feet and you have AGI on feet but not on hands or back. Seems like that evens out nicely, to me.

Yet int to back.

The thing is you are balanced around the stats you have available. There is already int to back in Cata, so if they didnt make a new one people might still use the Cata enchant (depending on amount of stats/stat weights/etc). Just because you might have less enchanted agi then a caster does int doesn't mean you're going to do less damage. Also I remember them talking about making the secondary stats "worth more" so that the difference between primary and secondary would be smaller. No idea if that's actually going to be true or not though.
    Last edited by Narcuru; 2012-03-23 at 07:21 PM.

*Crosses fingers and prays for no overdone spell effects*

Quote Originally Posted by Warcrafter View Post
    I thought stats were doing to be lower and not so high?
    They decided not to go with the item squish (as it was called) for MoP.

OT: I guess there is now a new meaning for ninja'ing a weapon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ophion1990 View Post
    *Crosses fingers and prays for no overdone spell effects*
    There were a few that were a bit much in Cata. Avalanche comes to mind. Trails of white EVERYWHERE. And any weapon with Landslide not letting you see the actual weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by turbe View Post
    Woah, fuck the item squish it seems.
    80 stats on chest? That's quadruple compared to what we have now.
    Wasn't WotLK 8/10 stats -> Cata 15/20?
    Numbers are going way off the charts, and I like it.

---------- Post added 2012-03-23 at 03:32 PM ----------

Ever seen something going to DE in LFR?
    I have, once. And it was a holy paladin item when we had no paladins in the group.
    I have seen a lot of things going to DE. Well, i win them and then DE them, but that counts right?

and BC was 4/6 stats? to LKs 8/10. to catas 15/20 :P its scaling exponentially

Yet int to back.

edit: Got this mixed up, ignore
    Last edited by Abandon; 2012-03-24 at 01:24 AM.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Abandon View Post
    Intellect no longer gives Spellpower, remember. It just increases mana pool.
    I think you have that backwards. It no longer increases mana, but gives spellpower.

I think you have that backwards. It no longer increases mana, but gives spellpower.
    Ah, you are right, Intellect increases Spellpower and Spirit provides Mana. I thought they had gone with Spellpower as a stat again, my bad.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Abandon View Post
    Ah, you are right, Intellect increases Spellpower and Spirit provides Mana. I thought they had gone with Spellpower as a stat again, my bad.
    As far as I know Spellpower is still a stat, it's just only used on weapons. At least that's how it is in Cata. Can't reforge or gem for it or get it in any other way then through INT and what is raw on weapons.

10+ Year Old Account
    Good to see Tanks are getting a bit more choice in there enchants we've got Colossus, 7500 absorb shield, and then Flowing River for 1650 dodge. I'm guessing I'll probably go for Colossus, just because it works for all damage, whereas dodge in Melee only

I COULD see Windsong being kinda useful (1500 Mastery, Crit or Haste) but it all depends on how often you get Mastery don't think I want to rely on luck for my survival.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

I hope they add some really new cool enchant procs to the game besides the generic expected ones. Like maybe proc a dragon or some ninja stars or something crazy.