Deleted

Heroic Spine Idea

Just wondering if this is viable for the 2nd and 3rd tendons.*

blow the first up with heroism in 1 lift.
    then for tendon 2 and 3, get 2 amalgamations, cleave them both down low, bloods tank taunts away higher hp one, blow up other one, burn tendons, amalgs tank taunts back other one, blow it up, burn tendon.

I can't see any real downside to this (except perhaps that the bloods tank has to be careful to not cleave down bloods for the 25~ secs hes tanking the 2nd amalgamation.

Show me a video of a group killing a tendon in 1 exposure.

Quote Originally Posted by Harsesis View Post
    Mhhh with all the nerfs - why not. I am pretty sure that there are guilds who could easily pull that off. Even my guild gets it way below 30% and our dps actually sucks badly and we always screw up the grip timing since the nerf.

The idea with 2 amalgs up is going to be super dumb on healing. It's already annoying enough to heal the tanks when they have 150 bloods on them. Also, at this point in the game it's quite possible for a tendon to be killed in 1 lift, assuming bis gear with lots of legendaries and super high burst classes (including DPS healers like disc priests, etcetc) or maybe 2 healing. Still, dumb. Just do it normally and get the job done.

So far our best comp with BL an Pots can only get a tendon down to about 25% in the first exposure. *Now in a few more nerfs I can see it happening but not right now. *Back on topic though. *The downside of doing 2 Amalgs back to back like that is that first your healers may not have recovered from the last one yet. *Secondly dps trinket and cds won't be back up or even close to coming back up if done that quickly. *If your group is barely getting a tendon under 50% in the first expsure with cds then they aren't going to make the second without cds.

You have to ask what is the advantage of doing it this way. Obviously not easier on the healers. Maybe easier on the tanks but with the nerfs it is not like you have to kite much anymore. Not really easier on DPS either as even though the content has been trivialized, it still takes some very good dps with the right comp to 1 shot a tendon.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you stacked the raid like you did pre nerf you could kill it in 1. We got it to 25% last night with 7 healers and the worst burst comp you could imagine.*

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Harsesis View Post
    wait 3-4 weeks and I will!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinto View Post
    You have to ask what is the advantage of doing it this way. Obviously not easier on the healers. Maybe easier on the tanks but with the nerfs it is not like you have to kite much anymore. Not really easier on DPS either as even though the content has been trivialized, it still takes some very good dps with the right comp to 1 shot a tendon.
    Less total time between tendons, less bloods, less grips, less downtime, can properly utilise cleaves.

For 10man, with 10% nerf, people have been able to do the first tendon with potions and lust in one exposure, usually with 2 healers, 2 tanks, couple arcane mages and a couple rogues. Our group doesn't have a stacked group at all, and are able to take it down to below 25% withOUT lust or potions. Nerf did wonders

With 10% buff a guild with good dps probably could on first tendon (with all CD's up) if they class stacked well enough and really wanted to. But there isn't really much point. Doing it on the first tendon will save you like, 8 bloods overall at the end. It doesnt get the raid through the sticker part of the fight any faster. It just gets the raid to it there quicker.*

If you could do 3rd plate in one burn, yeah the fight would be about Warlord Zonozz difficulty. With 15% that might be possible with a stacked comp. I think we got into the high 20s this week on 3rd plate with a couple of bunch of classes you wouldn't want to bring if you wanted to pull that off though.*

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroesec View Post
    With 10% buff a guild with good dps probably could on first tendon (with all CD's up) if they class stacked well enough and really wanted to. But there isn't really much point. Doing it on the first tendon will save you like, 8 bloods overall at the end. It doesnt get the raid through the sticker part of the fight any faster. It just gets the raid to it there quicker.*

If you could do 3rd plate in one burn, yeah the fight would be about Warlord Zonozz difficulty. With 15% that might be possible with a stacked comp. I think we got into the high 20s this week on 3rd plate with a couple of bunch of classes you wouldn't want to bring if you wanted to pull that off though.*
    This reset we took the 1st lift to 35% no lust just cds. 2nd plate first lift was mid 40% and the 3rd plate with lust was low 20% (This is with 2 mount buyers) pulling stupidly low dps.Im sure any of the top guilds could do the last plate with lust in 1 if now now, defo when 15% hits.

burning it down in one go with a stacked set up and lust is very much doable.

"then for tendon 2 and 3, get 2 amalgamations, cleave them both down low, bloods tank taunts away higher hp one, blow up other one, burn tendons, amalgs tank taunts back other one, blow it up, burn tendon."

that however isn't. you won't have enough residiues to stack up that fast on the second tendon. having 2 amalgamations up so that the second is alreayd much lower from multidotting/cleave/random aoe dmg is something people do forever though. makes the execution a bit more difficult, but shortens the fight a lot and means you have to deal with less blood spawns, which in turn makes it easier again. certainly works, just comes down to what feels easier for your guild/setup.

Deleted
    if your dps are pally, mages and rogues. No problem, otherwise, do it normally

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kaib View Post
    burning it down in one go with a stacked set up and lust is very much doable.

"then for tendon 2 and 3, get 2 amalgamations, cleave them both down low, bloods tank taunts away higher hp one, blow up other one, burn tendons, amalgs tank taunts back other one, blow it up, burn tendon."

that however isn't. you won't have enough residiues to stack up that fast on the second tendon. having 2 amalgamations up so that the second is alreayd much lower from multidotting/cleave/random aoe dmg is something people do forever though. makes the execution a bit more difficult, but shortens the fight a lot and means you have to deal with less blood spawns, which in turn makes it easier again. certainly works, just comes down to what feels easier for your guild/setup.
    thanks, the 2nd part was the real part of my question

for those interested in the 1st tendon blowup we're a very average guild and getting it down in 1 is easy for us (feral tank in dps gear, owl, mage, combat rogue, arcane mage, spriest) - we dont even make the combat rogue go sub for it.

we were only doing it with 3 healers and 2 tanks. lowest we got it (with our feral tank dpsing the tendon) was 15% (3rd plate). never tried the first plate since the only upside to it is less fight time, but you still get the swarm of bloods when u get to the 3rd plate. maybe next week we`ll try it with 2 healers. that`s 100% doable.

Quote Originally Posted by blaxter View Post
    if your dps are pally, mages and rogues. No problem, otherwise, do it normally
    Decent ones at that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rekinash View Post
    we were only doing it with 3 healers and 2 tanks. lowest we got it (with our feral tank dpsing the tendon) was 15% (3rd plate). never tried the first plate since the only upside to it is less fight time, but you still get the swarm of bloods when u get to the 3rd plate. maybe next week we`ll try it with 2 healers. that`s 100% doable.
    got it to 20% on last plate with hero last week with FOUR healers. dps were rogue mage moonkin spriest. feral kitty spec with barkskin glyph is viable for this fight btw if he's at all decent.