new city in rift information

i heard a rumor about new big city coming to rift and crucia raid?

can anyone confirm it or link to the article it was posted on if the info is true

There is a new zone-wide city in development.
    No news on when it will be released but it won't be in 1.8

There will almost certainly be a Crucia oriented raid at some point, but that's a long way off.

thanks for the info waiting to see it
    but at least 1.8 will be awesome :P

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Archimand View Post
    i heard a rumor about new big city coming to rift and crucia raid?

can anyone confirm it or link to the article it was posted on if the info is true
    the city thing is confirmed through that 1 year anniversary video, the one developer said a new zone that is almost 1 huge city.

My guess is they are about to introduce the Estrian race. I know the name because the file name on the data mined content has that. Some of these buildings are in the concept video they showed.

To me it sounds like some or all of the city will actually be a zone, in so much as it will have quests, enemies and so forth. Otherwise I don't think it would be called a city zone, though its possible this city floats above Plane Touched Wilds and the two will be released in tandem. That would make alot of sense. Either way I don't expect to see either for at least two patches.

Perhaps it's a city at another nexus between the planes and from their we launch our invasion etc

So I got a theory of how Maelforge raid leads up to Crucia. We know Crucia is imprisoned in that frozen lake in IPP. Well wouldn't it makes sense that because of the Maelforge fight the heat rises in the world and the lake begins to de frost??

This is a pretty damn cool concept Trion has done here. After defeating Greenscale his particles fell on Scarwood and now the entire damn zone is green. Then after defeating Akylios the seas could now be travels and the teleport stones appeared and now we can go to Ember Isle.

Defeating Maelforge and Laethys is guaranteed to have some effect on the world.