Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    How to fix AV:

Turn the "Field of Strife" into the "One-Lane Highway of Strife"

Problem solved.

More seriously, they should bring back a more pvp-focused version of AV, but don't put it in the random BG queue. Don't offer any honor or "rewards" at all. If people want their quick zerg honor, let them queue up for randoms or "Current AV." Make a separate, specific queue only for "Classic AV." The result will be the only people who play it are the people who WANT to play it because of how epic and fun it can be. All the zerg kiddies will stay out and the games will be better. The people who want original AV back would all play it even if there were no rewards offered just because it was fun.

Deleted
    Taking down all the towers should unlock the last boss=/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Propainn View Post
    Same AV since 1.11? When AV wasn't even added until 1.5 and changes in 1.11 weren't even remotely close to the biggest? And Reinforcements weren't added until 2.3 in late BC?

http://www.wowwiki.com/Patch_2.3.0

"The Horde and Alliance now have a limited number of reinforcements available in the battle for Alterac Valley. The number of reinforcements available is reduced upon player death, loss of towers, and death of Captain Galvangar or Balinda Stonehearth. In addition, all available reinforcements are lost upon the death of General Drek'Thar or Vanndar Stormpike. If a team is reduced to zero reinforcements, the opposing team wins the battle."

Talk about being off...
    You should read the patch notes and the dates better.

Really I should have said 1.8 because the changes in 1.8 is what I was thinking of.

And late? The 2.3 release is less than halfway through the life of TBC.

But fundamentally, the biggest change was 1.8. 1.11 removed most of the lingering trappings of 1.5 and all that was left was commanders and lieutenants.

2.3 added reinforcements and removed the commanders.

Seriously though, it's clear you didn't play the 1.5 version or you would have caught that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Callace View Post
    Considering you just linked a graph with no data plotted on it as factual evidence, I think Stanton can infer whatever the hell he wants.
    Extraordinary Claims Require Extraordinary Evidence - Sometimes I abbreviate this ECREE

Any BG that is not symmetrical is biased. That being said, AV is an excellent BG to watch movies in.

Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account
    I've been working on AV All-Star over the past couple weeks on my healer, and AV now rarely lasts long enough to get half the objectives done as a class that cannot stealth. I'd support bringing back the old version.

I don't think many changes are needed to make AV epic. They just need to do the following things and AV would last for an hour instead of the current 10 minute games that aren't enjoyable for anyone:

PvP
    Battlegrounds

Alterac Valley:
    A large number of changes have been made to Alterac Valley, for an extensive list please see our blog article here.

* The damage and health of all NPC's within Alterac Valley has been increased significantly. Several NPC's have had a few abilities added, to make them more challenging.
    * All NPC's are now at or above level cap. The exception to this are the Wing Commanders (which are now levels 84, 85 and 86 respectfully) and graveyard guardians (who start at level 84, are level 85 at seasoned, 86 at veteran and 87 at champion)
    * The 'Alterac Blitz' acheivement has been removed.
    * The Stormpike and Frostwolf Insignia's awarded from the Proving Grounds and subsequent quests no longer have teleport functionality but have updated stats.
    * Frostwolf and Stormpike Tabards, available from the respective quartermasters, now have the 'teleport to base' functionality.
    * Reinforcements have been increased to 1000, up from 600.
    * Mines now provide 3 reinforcements every 30 seconds, up from 1 every 45 seconds. Teams will receive increased reinforcement gains if they control both mines (7 every 25 seconds).
    * Elite guards, representing missing races have been added to towers and bunkers. These guards are immune to crowd control effects and can see through stealth.
    * Alterac Valley is no longer available through the random battleground queue.
    * Periodic honor gains have been added.
    * Quest turn ins have been reduced. Quests that were unable to be completed have been fixed.
    * The Frostwolf base has been fortified. No more pesky Alliance wall hopping!
    * The amount of time it takes to receive the periodic buffs granted by surviving captains or generals has been reduced.

Captain Balinda Stonehearth

* Fireball and Cone of Cold base damage has been increased to match the values of Frostbolt and Arcane Explosion. The duration of Ice Block has been increased to 6 seconds, up from 4.
    * Added a powerful Blizzard ability, that will snare and deal damage to opponents who choose to stand in it.
    * Now immune to the gripping effect of Death Grip, all stuns and knockback effects.
    * Frostbolt and Fireball can no longer be spell reflected.
    * Casting time of all abilities have been reduced (Arcane Explosion is now instant, Frostbolt & Fireball are now 2 second casts and Blizzard is a 1 second cast, non-channelled ability)
    * Will now reset if she is taken beyond her wall, rather than taken outside of her fortress. This is to prevent line of sighting her casts.

Captain Galvangar

* Now immune to the gripping effect of Death Grip, all stuns and knockback effects.
    * Heroic Leap added, dealing weapon damage and stunning targets caught within it.

Vanndar Stormpike

* Knock Away has been added.
    * Two owls have been added to the Hall of the Stormpike, linked with Vanndar and the Stormpike Marshals. They are also affected by the bunker buffs, similar to Duros and Drakan.
    * Thunderclap now deals weapon damage as nature damage to prevent scaling issues.

Drek'Thar

* Now fights from the comfort of his wheelchair.
    * Has had a chain lightning ability added, dealing increasing nature damage to each successive target (up to a maximum of 3 players).

Achievements

Several achievements have been added to compliment the new Alterac Valley play style. These are not required for the 'Master of Alterac Valley' meta achievement.

The Ultimate Unit (Reward: Mini Ivus/Lokholar non-combat pet
    Successfully summon Ivus the Forest Lord/Lokholar the Frost Lord in Alterac Valley.

Lumberjacked/Melted!
    Slay Ivus the Forest Lord/Lokholar the Ice Lord.

Grounded
    Slay an enemy Wing Commander before they reach their base.

CHARGE!
    Summon a cavalry attack.

Death From Above
    Win Alterac Valley while you have all wing commanders in the air.

To battle!
    Send an infantry assault into battle.

Yes, Captain!
    Win Alterac Valley while your captain is still alive.

Not in my base
    Slay an enemy player within 30 seconds of using your tabard to teleport to base.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Softyknuckles View Post
    I've been working on AV All-Star over the past couple weeks on my healer, and AV now rarely lasts long enough to get half the objectives done as a class that cannot stealth. I'd support bringing back the old version.
    If they brought back the old version today, games would end in under 5 minutes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Callace View Post
    Considering you just linked a graph with no data plotted on it as factual evidence, I think Stanton can infer whatever the hell he wants.
    Extraordinary Claims Require Extraordinary Evidence - Sometimes I abbreviate this ECREE