How's Ret looking thus far for MoP?

I know this early into the Beta that things could change incredibly quick, but I'm looking for a change for MoP. I currently play a DPS Warrior and have for most of the time that the game has been out, but I'd like a change while staying with the plate dps role within the raid. DKs don't really appeal to me so I'm curious how Ret is looking. Would just like some feedback from some of the much more experienced Ret Paladins around.

Thanks guys.

Like should look in Cata ...and becouse everyone else gets new tooys now we are still one expansion late...

Deleted
    Don't know what you want to hear ... if you would give a more concrete question we could give a more detailed answer!

Deleted
    From the Greg Street interview:

"You know, I always say this, but I think Paladins will be pleasantly surprised. We have fixed some of the RNG in their rotations, they now have a more dependable supply of holy power, and there are fewer gaps in the rotations."

Looks pretty good, people commenting who have no idea and making their own assumptions.

Only messed around in the beta. Dueled etc. PVP and PVE we are the best we have ever been, except mabye 3.0 at the end of BC when i was 2 shotting full brutal warriors eye closed. Our utilities are now less dispellable for pvp. We have better control. We have better damage(in fact we may need a nerf on that front). Overall their interview just before the beta launch is correct. I am surprised. Sure we didnt get 50 new toys (mostly useless toys). But the fix we got against everything changed/new for other classes make us one of the most polished and complete class right now. Probably an all time first for the class. Holy is also in very good shape. prot is in good shape but kinda lack identity imo, might need some extra flashy spells.

Unless you expected to be at the level of current cata sub rogue, you wont be disapointed( Sub rogue also took nerfs up the ass so its all good)
    Last edited by minteK917; 2012-03-23 at 05:52 PM.

with the 2T - Set bonus we're kinda OP since you get 2 HoPo per judgement (1 from the Set bonus, 1 from talent). In combination with Exorcism beeing an instant and generating 1 HoPo and with the new store 2 HoPo over max talent we're kinda constantly hitting our 3HoPo finisher

Quote Originally Posted by Funky303 View Post
    with the 2T - Set bonus we're kinda OP since you get 2 HoPo per judgement (1 from the Set bonus, 1 from talent). In combination with Exorcism beeing an instant and generating 1 HoPo and with the new store 2 HoPo over max talent we're kinda constantly hitting our 3HoPo finisher
    Yeah im sure the bonus will get changed/nerfed for the sake of the first week of the patch before MoP. Another cool point is pursuit of justice stacking up with boundless conviction. When at 5 holy power you run 60% faster until you use a finisher. With the speed we build holy power now and the possibility this might be the way to go. We are lightning speed fast lol.

Deleted
    Pursuit of justice caps at 3 holy power for 40% speed.

well i went in the first MoP dungeon with my druid and instantly replaced my shoulders with some blue item, so the 2 and 4 Set bonus will be gone in a couple of hours of playtime in MoP. so i don't think anyone will use it past lvl 85. I really like the new retri playstile since it is way more fluid, although i'm not sure of some glyphs and what will be the cookie cutter spec, especially i'm not sure what to pick in the lvl 75 talent tree: Holy Avenger (2min CD, 3 HoPo after every ability that generates holy power) or Divine Purpose (15% proc chance of 3 HoPo)
    No addons availlable at the moment (when i try to install i get the "insecure" message), so unfortunately no dmg stats

Quote Originally Posted by Ouch View Post
    Only messed around in the beta. Dueled etc. PVP and PVE we are the best we have ever been, except mabye 3.0 at the end of BC when i was 2 shotting full brutal warriors eye closed. Our utilities are now less dispellable for pvp. We have better control. We have better damage(in fact we may need a nerf on that front). Overall their interview just before the beta launch is correct. I am surprised. Sure we didnt get 50 new toys (mostly useless toys). But the fix we got against everything changed/new for other classes make us one of the most polished and complete class right now. Probably an all time first for the class. Holy is also in very good shape. prot is in good shape but kinda lack identity imo, might need some extra flashy spells.

Unless you expected to be at the level of current cata sub rogue, you wont be disapointed( Sub rogue also took nerfs up the ass so its all good)
    This is what I was looking for, thank you very much. I apologize to everyone else for not being clearer, but I got the answer I needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Sagi View Post
    Darn. That was actually my biggest question -- was really looking forward to some crazy speedy feets.

Can we get a confirmation of this? It's hard to tell which posters are speaking from direct experience in Beta, and which are simply guessing. Does Boundless Conviction increase the speed boost of Pursuit of Justice or not?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tangra View Post
    Can we get a confirmation of this? It's hard to tell which posters are speaking from direct experience in Beta, and which are simply guessing. Does Boundless Conviction increase the speed boost of Pursuit of Justice or not?
    youtube.com /watch?v=E0CjYdnclBM

about 3:25

10+ Year Old Account
    <link>
    Fixed (just go to 3:25 to see the tooltip):

You can't really say much about how each class is doing because of how early in beta it is atm. You can't test much other than hit a training dummy or duel someone, I'd give it a few weeks until more content is available to get a more concrete answer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, the RNG problem seems solved.
    Our Avenging wrath is now considered a physical buff and can no longer be dispelled (Awesome)
    Burden of Guilt talent debuff is also physical, cant be dispelled.
    Turn evil is back.
    Ret seems decent atm but its too soon to tell, this beta looks a lot like and Alpha actually, theres bugs and glitches in almost every video u see right now.

15+ Year Old Account
    Holy Power gen on Exorcism and Hammer of Wrath is nice, if that is true.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

All i can see is its time to start working on my 360 Ret Pally before MoP comes out...