View Poll Results: Do you like Symbiosis?

Voters
348. This poll is closed
  • Yes, I love it.

288 82.76%
  • No, I want something else.

60 17.24%
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    The priest tranquility will most likely heal for like 5% of a real tranquility, so you shouldn't feel limited to that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skyepic View Post
    1) fixed
    2) Too much consistency is what makes this game boring. A spell like this is what keeps the game interesting. You've had 3 expansions of "consistency" how about some unique change?
    Would rather just get a solid, reliable ability that can be useful in a variety of situations, or customized depending on what druid spec you are. Symbiosis depends on another person, and you won't always get the best abilities cause it depends on class and spec. For example, for Shaman you could get Lightning shield (lame) as bear, or feral spirits (cool) as cat.

Not true. Most people have at the very least, a fairly stable raid/arena/dungeon/BG set up. Really, all you need to do is memorize which will help you the most, that's it.

Personally, I like it, I just don't know how useful it'll be. Still a fun idea though, and like I said, I only have to memorize who I'll be playing with (easy) and which one of them benefits myself/the raid the most.
    Yea, I mean the list is easy to look at and figure out what specs have the best abilities. But still, didn't Blizz want to cut down on having to look up online for information you should be able to figure out in the game? There is no way this information will be available to players without researching it. All pro players do their homework obviously, but speaking from a developer perspective and thinking about new players, its not a very accessible and easy to understand skill.

People can really complain about anything. It's most likely the most interesting spell so far introduced in MoP

Maybe you could wait and see how it works out first?
    Wait for what exactly? We all know how it works, you take a spell from them, and they get a spell from you. The spells are all listed too.

I'm sure Blizz can come up with an equally interesting ability that isn't so random.

10+ Year Old Account
    It is, by FAR, the most creative spell in the game. It adds dynamic and versatility to our class that I believe makes a druid invaluable. In any given raid your symbiosis can be used to adapt to a variety of encounter mechanics.

- Does the raid need more DPS (Aoe or single)?
    - Does the tank need an additional cooldown?
    - Do the healers need an additional raid cooldown?
    - Do you or your symb partner need additional motility?

The list goes on.

Edit: The only strong negative I see is that without a partner to use it on, it's otherwise useless. I'm not sure, but I hope that you can at least cast it on a random person on your continent that doesn't have to remain in your party.
    Last edited by Venteus; 2012-03-24 at 02:47 AM.
    Kil'Jaeden - US

Thanks to Lilliputia for the amazing signature!

10+ Year Old Account
    If you run with a set raid group, you can determine what your druid needs for the run. In Five mans, it is going to be a lot of fun, because you can mix and match abilities in every fight and come up with some great combinations. Same thing in RBGs and Arena.

Also other classes get to play around with Druid abilities with their class. That in itself makes it one of the best spells in the game, and it is situational enough not to be OP.

It's an odd talent that is not a clean solution to the problems (because it is useless in a solo situation), but it seems to be very good on the paper, giving you an extra ability you may want both for pve and pvp environments, according to your need (and your setup).
    As I said in the other topic, the only flaw is about the Balance that doesn't get the same kind of choice for cd in pve (basically you get, through a Warrior, a burst damage, potentially dangerous, period), meanwhile in pvp you have still the "utility" role in which you are supposed to spam cc and essentially bother people, I don't like so much this idea and Symbiosis increase this role design.
    So probably all the "no" are from balance druid
    Last edited by Sabnock; 2012-03-24 at 04:30 AM.

Symbiosis is probably the thing I'm looking forward to in MoP the most out of anything else in the expansion. I think it's incredibly clever. The one thing I worry about is how other classes will use the ability. I don't expect most people to have their symbiosis button readily available because they just won't usually have a Druid giving it to them, so the ability will only see half its potential in the LFD/LFR.
    ಠ_ಠ

10+ Year Old Account
    dont fall in love with it, there is no chance it is going to go live as is

10+ Year Old Account
    Me!

10characters

looks really sweet, wish a few other classes had skills like this, where it made sense. hopefully it works out and blizz adds more along the same lines

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabnock View Post
    It's an odd talent that is not a clean solution to the problems (because it is useless in a solo situation), but it seems to be very good on the paper, giving you an extra ability you may want both for pve and pvp environments, according to your need (and your setup).
    As I said in the other topic, the only flaw is about the Balance that doesn't get the same kind of choice for cd in pve (basically you get, through a Warrior, a burst damage, potentially dangerous, period), meanwhile in pvp you have still the "utility" role in which you are supposed to spam cc and essentially bother people, I don't like so much this idea and Symbiosis increase this role design.
    So probably all the "no" are from balance druid
    Not sure where you are getting that. I and every other balance Druid i have talked to seem to like it a lot.

---------- Post added 2012-03-24 at 07:03 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Maruka View Post
    dont fall in love with it, there is no chance it is going to go live as is
    Care to get on that? They have put a lot of advertising and work into this for it to not go live. Sure, some of the spells may change around, but I don't see it being ripped out.
    Sunfyre | @FoGSunfyre

I can see major QQ about this ability, in forums and in guild raids etc. Like who should get it and why its so much better for them and not others etc like all the whine that DI causes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zillionhz View Post
    By fiber be purged

10+ Year Old Account
    It's too early to tell. But, I like the concept!

Rule of Thumb: If the healer's HPS is higher than your DPS, you're doing it wrong.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunfyre View Post
    Not sure where you are getting that. I and every other balance Druid i have talked to seem to like it a lot.[COLOR="red"]
    I don't. Not until they rework the abilities moonkins get.

Because as of right now, I can safely say either our fury war or our prot war will get my symbiosis for every fight, no discussion.
    I still like the concept of the spell though, I just think it would be nice if moonkins could get more than 1 useful ability...

To be honest, it's always been my opinion that only the druid should get an actual "game changing" ability, while the other class should get some kind of utility. That way you can't get forced to give it to somebody else "for the good of the raid".

they should get rid of any personal raid buffs like this. That's the reason they ditched DI and FM.

The spells that the druid get from Symbiosis were already said, the spell that the other classes got weren't complete yet (obviously it isn't finalized).

So when you use Symbiosis on anyone you get these spells:
    Balance: Chains of Ice, Mirror Image, Mass Dispel
    Feral: Feign Death (Play Dead!), Frost Nova, Soul Swap
    Guardian: Ice Trap, Fear Ward, Consecration
    Restoration: Ice Block, Hand of Sacrifice, Leap of Faith

When you use it on these classes they get this spell:
    Hunter: Dash
    Warlock: Rejuvenation
    Holy Paladin: Rebirth
    Arms/Fury Warrior: Enrage
    Enhancement/Elemental Shaman: Solar Beam

Quote Originally Posted by Sunfyre View Post
    I and every other balance Druid i have talked to seem to like it a lot.
    Take Feral as example (it work also for resto e guardian): you can choose between 2 kind of invulnerability (Paladin, Priest), 2 kind of dps buff (Shaman, Dk not directly but you can use you cd on him and viceversa), 3 kind of utility spells good mostly for pve (Warlock, Hunter, Rogue) and 2 mostly for pvp (Mage, Warrior) and we don't know what the monk will give to us.

With the moonkin simply you have not this kind of choice at all.
    You can choose between 2 dps increase talent one potentially dangerous with a long cd (Warrior) or a tiny dps increase (Mage), or two nearly useless utility (Warlock, Hunter) and that's all for pve. Meanwhile in pvp you get only a bunch of utilities which doesn't increment your survavility or dps (and that's your main problem in a pvp environment), but it consolidates once again the same role you have right now and it sucks a lot.
    Honestly, I don't understand how a balance druid could be happy at all.
    Last edited by Sabnock; 2012-03-24 at 05:16 PM.

Seem's to be mainly focused on PvP and will probably limit Balance druid comps even more, I would of prefered another dot instead of this tbh. Although we do get a lot more survivability anyway in MoP so it might not be so bad.

Am I reading this thread correctly?

Some people are complaining about a talent that gives you at minimum 10 NEW ABILITIES!! (at least one for each class that you can cast it on - dependent on what spec you are in)

Quote Originally Posted by Mudkiper View Post
    Seem's to be mainly focused on PvP.
    It's worse then that, it is mainly mindless focused on the same kind of pvp you can do now, without worrying about fixing the problems but adding random stuff.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by Rackfu View Post
    Am I reading this thread correctly?

Some people are complaining about a talent that gives you at minimum 10 NEW ABILITIES!! (at least one for each class that you can cast it on - dependent on what spec you are in)
    If you just continue the read you can discover also the why
    Last edited by Sabnock; 2012-03-24 at 05:23 PM.

Deleted
    People are constantly whining about how "easy" the game has gotten. There, a rather more complex mechanic for you to handle. Do I like it? In theory, yes, but I'll reserve judgement for when it goes live and I get to see it in action. If handled correctly I think it can bring a very interesting aspect to group activities and may really give some classes (and the druid) innovative and fresh ways to approach certain encounters (thinking more about raids here).