Thread: MoP Legendary

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
5
6
7
  1. #121
    The Lightbringer Fahrenheit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Princeton, NJ
    Posts
    3,773
    Quote Originally Posted by Spikedriver View Post
    The Hunter legendary wasnt useful.
    That's not true at all. Did you play a Hunter in late TBC?

    Quote Originally Posted by Spikedriver View Post
    Plus the fact that I am generally tired of the "my spec didnt get one" argument. Druids looking for a feral legendary are just being greedy. You have had one for 2 of your 3 specs. I dont care that you dont like/dont play a spec that has had 2 chances for one. Learn to change your spec. Pure dps classes have had to change spec depending on what is the top spec for raiding. You can do the same.
    Why? Changing from resto to feral might as well as be changin classes. You going to switch to an alt for a raiding tier? Probably not unless you're in a bleeding edge raiding guild. It isn't like switching from survival to marksman, or combat to sub. You use all the same items with negligable differences and 90% the same abilities.
    Last edited by Fahrenheit; 2012-03-26 at 04:52 PM.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

    Sovereign
    Mass Effect

  2. #122
    Quote Originally Posted by Fahrenheit View Post
    That's not true at all. Did you play a Hunter in late TBC?



    Why? Changing from resto to feral might as well as be changin classes. It isn't like switching froms survival to marksman, or combat to sub. You use all the same items with negligable differences and 90% the same abilities.
    Hunter was the first toon I ever rolled. Been my main since i started playing. Yes changing from feral to resto is like changing classes. But changing from dps feral to boomy isnt. Its not much different from changing hunter specs. Gotta learn a whole new way to play. As far as gear? Yeah you gotta have different gear. But the gear I need as SV and the gear I should have for MM are different. I can use some of the same gear but not all of it. My gear which is 98% optimal for SV only lists as 57% optimal for my MM spec.
    I think the whole front office — or at least a good chunk of it — was obsessed with Crawford. I blame Varitek and Mirabelli, because every time the Sox played the Rays, Crawford would single, steal second, steal third, steal home, then come out of the dugout and steal first, then steal second and third on one pitch, then reverse-steal second again just so he could steal third and home on the following pitch. - Michael Schur

  3. #123
    The Lightbringer Fahrenheit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Princeton, NJ
    Posts
    3,773
    Quote Originally Posted by Spikedriver View Post
    Hunter was the first toon I ever rolled. Been my main since i started playing. Yes changing from feral to resto is like changing classes. But changing from dps feral to boomy isnt. Its not much different from changing hunter specs. Gotta learn a whole new way to play. As far as gear? Yeah you gotta have different gear. But the gear I need as SV and the gear I should have for MM are different. I can use some of the same gear but not all of it. My gear which is 98% optimal for SV only lists as 57% optimal for my MM spec.
    What? I'm pretty sure the same gear one would use for surv is the same gear one would use for marks. With maybe different gemming and reforging and maybe trinkets.

    How is goign from feral to balance similar? You DPS that's about all I can see. You use 0 items in one that you'd use in the other, it's 99% different. One is melee, one is ranged, one deals physical damage, one deals nature & arcane, one uses agi items the other int.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

    Sovereign
    Mass Effect

  4. #124
    It will most likely be a Monk exclusive legendary.

  5. #125
    Quote Originally Posted by Fahrenheit View Post
    After they changed the way ammo worked it was BiS, and even before they changed ammo, it was right behind the golden bow with epic quality ammo. Just because it wasn't implemented very well doesn't make it not count.
    well than that would make atiesh count on fearl druids. so thankx

    at least thats how i view it too.
    Quote Originally Posted by chosenkiwi View Post
    I don't understand how valor and gold have anything to do with one another. Daily quests give you gold and valor. Professions give you gold. It's as if you wanted a smoothie and I made you one with a straw and you told me you didn't want it because you don't use straws...

  6. #126
    Quote Originally Posted by Fahrenheit View Post
    What? I'm pretty sure the same gear one would use for surv is the same gear one would use for marks. With maybe different gemming and reforging and maybe trinkets.

    How is goign from feral to balance similar? You DPS that's about all I can see. You use 0 items in one that you'd use in the other, it's 99% different. One is melee, one is ranged, one deals physical damage, one deals nature & arcane, one uses agi items the other int.
    Ummm its kind of a moot point isnt it? If there is a legendary comming out they dont drop that info on you half way thru the tier its in. Hell we knew about the legendary staff and daggers long before you finished the current tier of raiding. The fact that we knew all the details of the legendary staff in April 2011 and the patch that contained it dropped was almost July would have given you more than enough time to get all the gear you would need to make the switch in the next patch.

    Yeah if you had to change at the very start of a tier would be almost impossible. But the information on these things is out well ahead of the release. If you as a druid wanted one so badly you would have gotten the gear and made the switch.
    I think the whole front office — or at least a good chunk of it — was obsessed with Crawford. I blame Varitek and Mirabelli, because every time the Sox played the Rays, Crawford would single, steal second, steal third, steal home, then come out of the dugout and steal first, then steal second and third on one pitch, then reverse-steal second again just so he could steal third and home on the following pitch. - Michael Schur

  7. #127
    Quote Originally Posted by Fahrenheit View Post
    That's not true at all. Did you play a Hunter in late TBC?

    .
    yes, yes i did, and no untill a fix it wasnt useful, it was given to rogues and warriors over the hunter because it was a legendary and not useful, and after the change it was only worthwild for a very short time, and was a 1% drop off a boss that only 1% of the playerbase even got to see.

    also have to say i agree with spikediver above me, thats what almost any other player does when they really want one, some go further and change to an entirely dif class in advance so that they can try and get it.
    Last edited by Valkryx; 2012-03-26 at 05:19 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by chosenkiwi View Post
    I don't understand how valor and gold have anything to do with one another. Daily quests give you gold and valor. Professions give you gold. It's as if you wanted a smoothie and I made you one with a straw and you told me you didn't want it because you don't use straws...

  8. #128
    The Lightbringer Fahrenheit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Princeton, NJ
    Posts
    3,773
    Quote Originally Posted by Valkryx View Post
    yes, yes i did, and no untill a fix it wasnt useful, it was given to rogues and warriors over the hunter because it was a legendary and not useful, and after the change it was only worthwild for a very short time, and was a 1% drop off a boss that only 1% of the playerbase even got to see.

    also have to say i agree with spikediver above me, thats what almost any other player does when they really want one, some go further and change to an entirely dif class in advance so that they can try and get it.
    Wasn't it still the 2nd best bow in the game? Mearly points behind the golden bow from twins with epic ammo? I don't think that makes in useless to hunters, and I can assure you even less people saw atiesh, especially ferals.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

    Sovereign
    Mass Effect

  9. #129
    Brewmaster
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Netherlands, Heerle
    Posts
    1,336
    Pretty sure we will get a tank legendary next.
    As some blue stated they would bring a tank legendary 'soon'
    Valkyrìe on Azjol-Nerub is Recruiting! PM me for info!
    or check http://valkyrieeu.guildlaunch.com/index.php?gid=104637


  10. #130
    Quote Originally Posted by Téuntjûh View Post
    Pretty sure we will get a tank legendary next.
    As some blue stated they would bring a tank legendary 'soon'
    You do realize that soon to Blizzard means in the next 2-3 years?

    ---------- Post added 2012-03-26 at 01:32 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Fahrenheit View Post
    Wasn't it still the 2nd best bow in the game? Mearly points behind the golden bow from twins with epic ammo? I don't think that makes in useless to hunters, and I can assure you even less people saw atiesh, especially ferals.
    Who cares if it was a feral? Druids got it right? You get so hung up on the 1 spec that you play that you ignore 2/3 of your class. Even the class locked legendarys only list a class, not a spec.
    I think the whole front office — or at least a good chunk of it — was obsessed with Crawford. I blame Varitek and Mirabelli, because every time the Sox played the Rays, Crawford would single, steal second, steal third, steal home, then come out of the dugout and steal first, then steal second and third on one pitch, then reverse-steal second again just so he could steal third and home on the following pitch. - Michael Schur

  11. #131
    The Lightbringer Fahrenheit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Princeton, NJ
    Posts
    3,773
    Quote Originally Posted by Valkryx View Post
    well than that would make atiesh count on fearl druids. so thankx

    at least thats how i view it too.
    It wasn't at any point BiS for feral. BiS was The End of Dreams, Grobbulus 40m and Book of Knowledge, Instructor Galford, live side strath.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

    Sovereign
    Mass Effect

  12. #132
    Quote Originally Posted by 9Royalwolf6 View Post
    I am sorry but imo tanking legendary would be too strong/gamebreaking. Whatever the proc would be , damage reduction/heal/some aoe agroo/god knows, it would make too much of a difference in game. Lets face it, if a dps is not making enough dmg, the rest of the raid will heal/dps through it; same goes for making super dps with legendar, it will help nuke something faster but will not break mechanics. If the tank can receive less dmg/ is protected by a uber shield, it makes the game much more easier. He can save his natural cd's for later or stack it with the legendary item. Healers can focus a little bit more on raid etc.

    Just too op.
    how can you say it would be op and you dont know what the shield would be like.
    blizz isnt going to make a shield where you take 99% less damage for 10 sec on 1 min cd
    if they do make a shield it would prob be 20% dmg reduction or extra healing when under 35% hp

  13. #133
    Quote Originally Posted by malevolant View Post
    If you gave your first Thunderfury to a rogue or hunter, you're doing it wrong.
    It mostly depended on side. Horde rogue + TF + Windfury = aggro magnet. We gave it to rogue though after two tanks had it. (And yes, we were insanely lucky with MC legendaries to the point of both bindings and eye in one raid).

  14. #134
    Epic shield with a knockback/shockwave/frontal cone would be awesome!


  15. #135
    I would hope to see a tanking shield or healing shield for a legendary it would be a change from the ordinary.

  16. #136
    Ok lets look at what we've had so far,

    Sulfuras, Hand of Ragnaros (+STR 2h Mace)
    Talisman of the Binding flame (I'd consider this an Artifact lol)
    Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker (+AGI 1h Sword)
    Aietesh (Spec dependant, but a staff)
    The Warglaives of Azzinoth (+AGI 1h swords)
    Thori'dal, The Stars fury (+AGI Bow)
    Valan'yr, Hammer of the Ancient Kings (Healer mace)
    Shadowmourne (+STR 2h axe)
    Dragonwrath (DPS caster staff)
    Fangs of the Father (+AGI Daggers, rogue only)

    So based on that, and considering that we've had every role represented so far with orange items except tank directly (Yes I know Thunderfury was a very smart choice for tankers once upon a time) I'd say a tanky weapon (or possibly shield, who says it has to be a blade, or it could even be BOTH) Might be in the works.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •