As the beta progresses this will be updated with what information we know about professions. This is not a guide to the best endgame professions in MoP; that will come later once we've discovered all of the level 90 profession perks.
As of the time of writing this information is quite limited, but if you are in the beta and find out any information here is not correct, or find something new, please let me know and it'll be updated! I will update this as and when we get more information about drop locations, trainers, and more.
Bear in mind that much of this information is currently datamined and may not necessarily have correct tooltips, or even make it into the game, furthermore, the beta changes quite a lot and watch the front page for beta updates!
In Mists of Pandaria, it is confirmed that all professions will go to a max of 600 skill and the Skill name is "Zen Master". It is confirmed (Thanks Mascotte, Image) that level 80 is required to train this skill. Click for the full list of Zen Master Skills.
Many recipes use "Spirits" for crafting, these are most likely the equivalent of the Cataclysm "Volatiles". Once again, they stack up to 200.
- Spirit of Autumn
- Spirit of Spring
- Spirit of Winter
- Spirit of Summer
- Spirit of the Season (Does this count for any of the above? Hopefully we'll find out soon!)
- Spirit of Harmony This is used in Inscription Staves and Darkmoon Decks, and in Alchemy Transmutes.
A new pick is in the database with +15 mining! Reinforced Mining Pick
MoP seems to bring us two common ores:
- Manticyte Ore which corresponds to Manticyte Bar.
- Ghost Iron Ore which is smelted (Smelt Ghost Iron) into Ghost Iron Bar.
We also have Heavy Ghost Iron Bar and Folded Ghost Iron (probably blacksmithing) but don't yet know the materials for these.
And two uncommon ores:
Two of each of these uncommon ores will be needed to Smelt Trillium into Trillium Bar
The new leather has been datamined:
The new tailoring cloth will be Windwool Cloth
Silver Filigree Flask is likely to reward Alchemist's Flask and it looks like alchemists will once again get a trinket by completing a quest, Strange Spherical Stone, which at the moment rewards Zen Alchemist Stone.
- Flask of Falling Leaves
- Flask of Spring Blossoms
- Flask of the Earth
- Flask of the Warm Sun
- Flask of Winter's Bite
- Elixir of Mirrors
- Elixir of Peace
- Elixir of Perfection
- Elixir of the Rapids
- Elixir of Weaponry
- Monk's Elixir
- Mad Hozen Elixir
- Mantid Elixir
- Alchemist's Rejuvenation (Alchemists only)
- Endless Master Healing Potion (Alchemists only)
- Potion of Plunder
- Master Mana Potion
- Master Healing Potion
- Monstrous Potion
- Potion of Mogu Power
- Potion of Focus
- Virmen's Bite
- Potion of the Jinyu
- Potion of the Mountains
- Transmute: Trillium Bar
- Transmute: Living Steel
- Transmute: Primordial Ruby
- Transmute: River's Heart
- Transmute: Wild Jade
- Transmute: Vermilion Onyx
- Transmute: Imperial Amethyst
- Transmute: Sun's Radiance
For a list of the blacksmithing plans, check out this news post!
In MoP we seem to have more ways of turning enchanting materials into different materials, being able to change from dust to essence to shards!
- Spirit Dust
- Lesser Mysterious Essence, which is creatable from 5 dust (Lesser Mysterious Essence)
- Greater Mysterious Essence, which is creatable from 2 lesser essences (Greater Mysterious Essence)
- Small Ethereal Shard
- Ethereal Shard which is creatable in two different ways, from 2 small shards (Create Ethereal Shard) or from 3 greater essences (Ethereal Shard).
- Sha Crystal, which is greatable from 3 large shards (Sha Crystal).
So you can go Dust -> Lesser Essence -> Greater Essence -> Uncommon Shard -> Rare Shard
- Enchant Off-Hand - Major Intellect
- Enchant Gloves - Superior Mastery
- Enchant Gloves - Superior Expertise
- Enchant Gloves - Greater Haste
- Enchant Boots - Pandaren's Step
- Enchant Boots - Blurred Speed
- Enchant Boots - Greater Precision
- Enchant Boots - Greater Haste
- Enchant Cloak - Superior Critical Strike
- Enchant Cloak - Superior Intellect
- Enchant Cloak - Greater Protection
- Enchant Cloak - Accuracy
- Enchant Chest - Superior Stamina
- Enchant Chest - Glorious Stats
- Enchant Chest - Mighty Spirit
- Enchant Chest - Super Resilience
- Enchant Bracer - Greater Agility
- Enchant Bracer - Super Intellect
- Enchant Bracer - Exceptional Strength
- Enchant Bracer - Superior Dodge
- Enchant Bracer - Mastery
- Enchant Weapon - Windsong
- Enchant Weapon - Jade Spirit
- Enchant Weapon - Elemental Force
- Enchant Weapon - Dancing Steel
- Enchant Weapon - Colossus
- Enchant Weapon - Flowing River
Enchanters can once again enchant their own rings:
- Enchant Ring - Greater Agility
- Enchant Ring - Greater Intellect
- Enchant Ring - Greater Stamina
- Enchant Ring - Greater Strength
There are also a number of low level +stat cloak enchants:
- Formula: Enchant Cloak - Minor Stats
- Formula: Enchant Cloak - Lesser Stats
- Formula: Enchant Cloak - Stats
- Formula: Enchant Cloak - Greater Stats
- Formula: Enchant Cloak - Superior Stats
Currently we know of two new inks:
There are a LOT of new glyphs in the game, with an overhaul of the glyph system, including the removal of prime glyphs and many talents made into glyphs. For a list of glyphs known at the start of the beta, check out this news post: Mists of Pandaria Beta - Character Creation, World Maps, New Glyphs, and a new item Tome of the Clear Mind which says it is required to "remove powerful glyphs and talents".
Looks like once again we'll be able to create decks:
Darkmoon Card of Mists, the sets are Tiger, Oxen, Cranes and Serpents.
In Mists of Pandaria Scribes will be able to make Two Handed Staves and Offhand Items:
- Inscribed Fan
- Inscribed Crane Fan
- Inscribed Serpent Fan
- Inscribed Rain Poppy Staff
- Inscribed Serpent Staff
- Inscribed Crane Staff
- Inscribed Tiger Staff
- Inscribed Ghost Iron Staff
Serpent's Eye (New JC Gem)
- Lapis Lazuli (Cut Gems see Database Here)
- Alexandrite (Cut Gems see Database Here) Also used to make Alexandrite Ring
- Tiger Opal (Cut Gems see Database Here)
- Roguestone (Cut Gems see Database Here)
- Pandarian Garnet (Cut Gems see Database Here)
- Sunstone (Cut Gems see Database Here) Also used to make Sunstone Necklace
- Primordial Ruby (Cut Gems see Database Here)
- River's Heart (Cut Gems see Database Here)
- Wild Jade (Cut Gems see Database Here)
- Vermilion Onyx (Cut Gems see Database Here)
- Imperial Amethyst (Cut Gems see Database Here)
- Sun's Radiance (Cut Gems see Database Here)
The new Meta Gem is Primal Diamond and you can see a full list of cut gems from the database here.
Onyx Panther which creates Onyx Panther
Engineer's will be able to make an item to open locks: Locksmith's Powderkeg
Engineering only Trinket: Pandaren Dragonling
Engineer's can make two new scopes
As with Cataclysm it looks as though Engineering helms with Cogwheel slots will be available:
- Lightweight Retinal Armor
- Agile Retinal Armor
- Camouflage Retinal Armor
- Deadly Retinal Armor
- Energized Retinal Armor
- Specialized Retinal Armor
- Reinforced Retinal Armor
And the cogwheels:
- Subtle Tinker's Gear
- Smooth Tinker's Gear
- Quick Tinker's Gear
- Precise Tinker's Gear
- Flashing Tinker's Gear
- Rigid Tinker's Gear
- Sparkling Tinker's Gear
- Fractured Tinker's Gear
It seems as though we will be able to level some secondary professions through quests also:
First AidOriginally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
Two new bandages:
There is a third bandage in the database at skill 600, but it is currently marked as deprecated (Dense Windwool Bandage DEPRECATED). We'll keep an eye on that for future builds!
Originally Posted by Blizzard EntertainmentRecipes:Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
- Recipe: Great Pandaren Banquet
- Recipe: Pandaren Banquet
- Recipe: Black Pepper Steak
- Recipe: Sea Mist Rice Noodles
- Recipe: Mogu Fish Stew
- Recipe: Steamed Meat Buns
- Recipe: Chun Tian Spring Rolls
- Recipe: Eternal Blossom Fish
- Recipe: Hozu Stir Fry
- Recipe: Braised Wolf
- Recipe: Fire Spirit Hot Pot
- Recipe: Twin Fish Platter
- Recipe: Charbroiled Tiger Steak
- Recipe: Jade Forest Fried Rice
- Recipe: Swirling Mist Soup
- Recipe: Shrimp Dumplings
- Recipe: Forest Pheasant Roast
- Recipe: Pandaren Meat Ball
- Recipe: Fish Cake
- Recipe: Krasarang Fritters
- Recipe: Viseclaw Soup
- Black Pepper
- Mogu Pumpkin
- Ox Ribs
- 100 Year Soy Sauce
- Sirloin Steak
- White Turnip
- Pink Turnip
- Aged Pink Turnip
- Tender Brisket
- Minced Meat
- Pheasant Breast
- Forest Boar Meat
- Raw Tiger Steak
- Tough Wolf Flank
- Goat Chops
- Juicycrunch Carrot
- Rice Flour
- Red Blossom Leek
- Yak Flanks
There are currently two named fish
Along with a bunch of unnamed "common fish" and "uncommon fish". Watch this space in future builds for those.
Two new Keystones suggest we will get two new archaelogy races:Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
A list of archaelogy artifacts in this first beta build with descriptions is posted on the front page here http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/...ems-Blue-Posts
- Professional Zen Master Obtain 600 skill points in a profession.
- Serious Skills to Pay the Bills Obtain 600 skill points in Fishing, First Aid, Cooking, and Archaeology.
- Working For a Living Obtain 600 skill points in two primary professions.
- Zen Master Archaeologist Obtain 600 skill points in archaeology.
- Zen Master Medic Obtain 600 skill points in first aid.
- Zen Master Fisherman Obtain 600 skill points in fishing.