Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Leatherworking not getting anything cool, looks like im going Jewelcraftig for MoP...
    Pawzz, ArenaJunkies

This is mainly a look at profession perks from a PvE perspective. I don't care all that much about money making or crafting mounts. So bare that in mind before replying with 'but how is JCing bad, I make Xk gold per day'.

Profession perks:

Enchanting:
    stats on ring, 160 stats per ring, 240 sta. only primary stats.

Blacksmithing:
    additional socket in bracer and gloves.

Alchemy:
    double flask duration. +320 stat increase to flask. epic trinket: http://mop.wowhead.com/spell=105574/zen-alchemist-stone

Engineering:
    the usual item enchants that STACK with normal item enchants. the gloves enchant is a 10s boost to your primary stat by 2940 on a 60s CD, which means +490 if it's used on CD.
    ilvl 457 BoP helms, secondairy stats on those can be picked through the special gems that only work in these helms (cogwheels).

Herbalism:
    yeah, right.

bop shoulder enchants again, net gain 320 primary stat / 450 stamina.

Jewelcrafting:
    perk through special JCing only gems again. this time you can only use 2 instead of 3. primariy stat gain is 320 over rare gems. however as dots pointed out rare gems got overhauled:
    primary stats rare gems: +160
    secondairy stats rare gems: +320

That's a huge change. depending how the scaling for your class works, you might end up gemming secondairy stats. for warlocks all secondairy stats scale at 60%+ of 1 intellect according to simcraft, meaning warlocks will end up using all secondairy stat gems if things stay like they are now on beta.

Leatherworking:
    bracer enchants: 330 primairy stats, 750 sta enchant (as of know there are stats enchants for bracers, so that's the net-gain, BUT there is no STA enchant for bracers in beta as of now)

Mining:
    480 sta

Skinning:
    see herbalism.

Tailoring:
    Cloak enchants. These do NOT stack with normal enchants. Can be used with ENG enchants though.
    50 sec internal CD, 30% proc chance. average about 600 Spirit
    60 sec internal CD, 25% proc chance. Averages to 320 Int when chosen over the Superior Intellect enchant
    55 sec internal CD, 15% proc chance. Averages to 1091 AP.

Summary:
    Professions don't look all that balanced, from a PvE point of view.
    Alch gets a good trinket, but otherwise looks lackluster, just like inscription. JCing takes a huge hit if gems/scaling factors don't change. Not only are the JCing special games X primariy stat and X secondairy stat (while rare gems are X primariy and X*2 secondairy), but you are also forced to use them. So if you are a warlock with JCing, you have to use two red INT gems in slots where you want to use either haste/mastery or int/(haste/mastery) for socket bonus. But if scaling and the 2*secondairy stats on rare gems doesn't get changed, you won't ever use pure red gems (just like you only use red or red/x atm) but JCing forces you to do just that.

BSing however is sweet. All the other professions give you primary stats, but with BSing you can socket the now-superior secondairy stats gems. Both ENG and ALC look nice at the start due to the crafts, but if itemlevels stay like they are, it's not really all that amazing. The ENG headpieces are currently ilvl 457 on beta. Their value will be a bit higher as you can chose the perfect secondairy stats for your class through the cogwheels, but still. the ALC trinket is ilvl 450. Heroic 5 men drops 463. Raid Finder drops
    476-483. Those crafts will be super expensive to get early on and last you 1-2 weeks most likely. Not very exciting.

If gems are staying this way (and I doubt there will be much changing at this point), BSing is the way to go, at least for any DPS, as tanks and healers probably won't value secondairy stats as highly. After that ENG looks best, with LWing and enchanting being ok and JCing getting the axe (again, at least for DPS, healers probably still stick to INT, so it won't hurt them that they get forced to gem it).
    Last edited by kaib; 2012-07-30 at 03:14 PM.

Wait, there's a new alch mount? Or are you talking about the RaF mount?

Quote Originally Posted by Mmpie View Post
    Wait, there's a new alch mount? Or are you talking about the RaF mount?
    yeah, my mistake. edited it out. shows up on mop.wowhead as alchemy stuff, but its the get-a-friend-addicted mount obviously.

Is there a list somewhere of all Glyphs that will be able to be used in MoP?
    I saw this thread

http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/...aps-New-Glyphs

Looking to find out which Glyphs will no longer be in the game come MoP and which will remain.

Hmm sadly I'm not seeing anything to make me wanna keep doing archy. I got my professor title but man I really got burnt out on all the traveling with archy. I still don't have the troll sword. Oh well looks like I'll just stay a professor unless I see some better changes lol.

sorry to be a pain but do you have to be level 90 for zen master?? (want to get my scribe up on alts that is lvl85 if they can get zen master at 85)
    http://oce.op.gg/summoner/userName=dw+soul+roc in oceanic now Lol

5172-1206-0622 pokemon FC Lets Battle!!

Quote Originally Posted by Soulstrike View Post
    sorry to be a pain but do you have to be level 90 for zen master?? (want to get my scribe up on alts that is lvl85 if they can get zen master at 85)
    No, lvl80/500skil is the requirement for Zen Master.
    Getting rare recipes on lowerlevels accounts is alot harder ofc tho.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kaib View Post
    Professions don't look all that balanced, from a PvE point of view.
    Alch gets a good trinket, but otherwise looks lackluster, just like inscription. JCing takes a huge hit if gems/scaling factors don't change. Not only are the JCing special games X primariy stat and X secondairy stat (while rare gems are X primariy and X*2 secondairy), but you are also forced to use them. So if you are a warlock with JCing, you have to use two red INT gems in slots where you want to use either haste/mastery or int/(haste/mastery) for socket bonus. But if scaling and the 2*secondairy stats on rare gems doesn't get changed, you won't ever use pure red gems (just like you only use red or red/x atm) but JCing forces you to do just that.
    If haste and mastery are at least twice as good as intellect for a warlock, then there is almost never a good reason to use any intellect gems at all. Now that expertise is giving spell hit, there is a better non-intellect gem for every gem color as long as you can reforge excess hit into haste or mastery.

You could use pure haste in yellow, haste+hit in blue and haste+expertise in red sockets. This actually makes jewelcrafting even worse compared to the other professions, since it forces you to use two intellect gems you would never otherwise use.

The value of jewelcrafting varies a lot for different specs and classes. In general it gets very tricky with the new gem stats.

If 1 primary stat > 2 rating stat, then JC is good (roughly equal to most professions)
    If 2 rating stat > 1 primary stat > 1 rating stat, then JC is terrible
    If 1 rating stat > 1 primary stat, then JC is great (better than most professions)
    Last edited by mmoc7960b93d6c; 2012-08-12 at 08:04 PM.

Deleted
    Anything new for inscrip?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomanis View Post
    Anything new for inscrip?
    yap, new pets:

Crafted pets!! that's pretty awesome!

Kaib is your profession pve stats average still acurate I noticed your post was made in July

Deleted
    I've taken this off sticky for now since it was the out of date beta version, but we should have an updated live one up soon