Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Could use some tips on camping Aeonaxx.

Hey MMO-Champ,

I started camping Aeonaxx yesterday and I was wondering of anyone could give me some tips.
    Mainly what I'd like to know is what is his respawn timer? I know no one knows exactly, but I'm hearing a whole lot of different things, so I'm a bit confused. For example: I've done some Googling and reading, and I've come across people saying he's on a 6 hours - 7 days times, and other people saying he has a respawn timer of around 3 days. And just a moment ago, someone told me that Aeonaxx was killed 5 days ago, and that he'll respawn in 2-9 days.

I'm also wondering if someone could tell me I will hear NPCscan when I'm alt-tabbed with WoW in Windowed (Fullscreen) mode. Note that I enabled "Sound in Background".

Any help would be very much appreciated! <3

Deleted
    Hi from what ive heard the timer is really random and is not affected by server restarts ive heard he can take upto 1-20 days to respawn but im not sure how accurate this is, but to hear npc scan when your tabbed out just "allow sounds to be played in the background" under sound settings and you good to go

10+ Year Old Account
    i would say the most is just be patient.

also npc scan doesnt sound for me when i am alt tabbed with sound enabled still

Quote Originally Posted by Maruka View Post
    i would say the most is just be patient.

also npc scan doesnt sound for me when i am alt tabbed with sound enabled still
    thats odd it works fine for me do you have the tab caled enable sound in background checked

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by prankstar View Post
    thats odd it works fine for me do you have the tab caled enable sound in background checked
    yeah i do, i play in full screen mode maybe that has an effect on it? ive definitely came back from alt tab on seperate occasions to spawns up

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maruka View Post
    yeah i do, i play in full screen mode maybe that has an effect on it? ive definitely came back from alt tab on seperate occasions to spawns up
    That's probably it. I read something on this, but I wasn't sure. I guess that means it does still work when you have both "Sound in background" enabled and play in Windowed or Windowed (Fullscreen) mode.

Also, thanks for the replies. But does anyone else know something about the respawn timer. The 1-20 days doesn't seem legit because I've never seen someone state it has taken 20 days.

http://aeonaxxresource.com/ This most of all. This is what helped me finally snag the bastige. But yes, if you aren't insanely lucky, you have to be incredibly patient.

Not sure about 20 days, but I have heard of him taking at least up to a week. What I saw when I was camping him was that low level bat would spawn and people speculated that it spawned in place of Aeonaxx, just as Vyragosa did for TLPD.

And yes, people that complained that Sound in BG did not work for them were playing on Fullscreen, but the people playing on either Windowed mode were fine. I know for a fact that it worked for me because I had alt-tabbed for a minute and then Aeo spawned in front of me, and I very distinctly heard NPC blaring in the background and knew to switch over.

<Avid Mount/Pet Collector> Recently Earned:!! Leywoven Flying Carpet !!

Deleted
    Thanks a whole lot. I guess I'll just keep on waiting here hoping he'll spawn soon. Also, the website isn't working. I tried googling it and typing it manually aswell, could it be that it's just offline? ;/

Quote Originally Posted by GameFreakRPG View Post
    Thanks a whole lot. I guess I'll just keep on waiting here hoping he'll spawn soon. Also, the website isn't working. I tried googling it and typing it manually aswell, could it be that it's just offline? ;/
    It was working a moment ago, sometimes it just takes a moment to load. Not sure. Still seems to be working for me, actually. I know I had trouble getting tlpdresource to load at first, but it still works, I assure you.

Pond is <3.
    Took me about 4 months camping to finally get it (2 months after having found TLPD/Aeon resource).
    It's a PITA!

Quote Originally Posted by Vynistra View Post
    Pond is <3.
    Took me about 4 months camping to finally get it (2 months after having found TLPD/Aeon resource).
    It's a PITA!
    Oh yes, very much so. If it wasn't for that site, I would still be waiting. xD Took me about three and half months for mine plus a hiatus in the middle out of frustration. I followed the site and lo and behold, he spawns right in front of me!

Deleted
    Alright, the site works now. I don't really see the use in it though, the information I found there consists mostly out of things I already knew, or am I missing something?

Just sit there and keep waiting. He'll pop up sooner or later. That's all you really need to know.

Alright, the site works now. I don't really see the use in it though, the information I found there consists mostly out of things I already knew, or am I missing something?
    I dunno, it's stuff like camping spots and NPCscan ranges that helped me. Plus all the anecdotes on the forums helped keep me going, even when I thought I would never find him because after all their hard work, they found theirs, so I should to.

Deleted
    Yea, problem is, I may or may not have made a little bet.. Saying that I would have him.. within a week.. Together with Deathcharger's Reins. That's definately not pushing my luck, is it?
    Wether I get him in this week or not, I'm really not that bothered, as long as I get him. I just hope he'll spawn during the night, since I'm the only one in Deepholm then, meaning I'll be sure to get him if he spawns then. That's basicly just my plan, 15.00~06.00, sitting in Deepholm, waiting.. Yea, fun.

Yea, problem is, I may or may not have made a little bet.. Saying that I would have him.. within a week.. Together with Deathcharger's Reins. That's definately not pushing my luck, is it?
    Wether I get him in this week or not, I'm really not that bothered, as long as I get him. I just hope he'll spawn during the night, since I'm the only one in Deepholm then, meaning I'll be sure to get him if he spawns then. That's basicly just my plan, 15.00~06.00, sitting in Deepholm, waiting.. Yea, fun.
    Yeaaah, I woulda said more like a month than a week. A week is more the lucky end of the scale. So...I hope your RNG is good? I wish you the best of luck, regardless.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaoticflame View Post
    Yeaaah, I woulda said more like a month than a week. A week is more the lucky end of the scale. So...I hope your RNG is good? I wish you the best of luck, regardless.
    Thanks, I'll need it. Although, knowing my luck, he'll spawn.. within a week.. when I'm sleeping. ¬¬

if your not bothered about cash/ dont raid regually, Xfer to a dead server, you'll easily find it (i got him early on in cata, but i have it on like all but 1 of my alts- pretty much every toon thats been through deepholm xD and the server pop on my old server is f00king terriable)

if thats not an option i would just pick a few times in the day, go for like 30 mins to an hour flying and repeat, eventaully his spawn will link up with your patrols and bam
    GL with your hunt

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by chunkycarl View Post
    if your not bothered about cash/ dont raid regually, Xfer to a dead server, you'll easily find it (i got him early on in cata, but i have it on like all but 1 of my alts- pretty much every toon thats been through deepholm xD and the server pop on my old server is f00king terriable)

if thats not an option i would just pick a few times in the day, go for like 30 mins to an hour flying and repeat, eventaully his spawn will link up with your patrols and bam
    GL with your hunt
    And I just added something to the list of things I'll waste my money on the moment I get a job. You sir, are a God.

Quote Originally Posted by chunkycarl View Post

GL with your hunt
    Haha, yeah, I'd love to do that to finally find my grey camel. Bah! I shall find him eventually..>_<