Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    I'm using all 8, but mostly to hold names, prolly only 4 slots won't be rerolled to a legacy race

I have my 8 slots filled but most are low level so if I want to make a alt with some legacy unlocks I have some flexibility. But I hate leveling alts.

Quote Originally Posted by philefluxx View Post
    Close, Im up to 7 and yes its going to be a big issue with Legacy as it forces me to roll all alts on one server. Im sure they will open up the cap eventually.
    I have done the same, only playing 3, rest are name saves waiting for 1.2.
    Quote Originally Posted by Leblue View Post
    Also, everything Misume said.
    Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    If you don't want to reposition rotationally, don't main a Havoc Demon Hunter.

Quote Originally Posted by Capt Froggy View Post
    So is this going to be a problem for Legacy characters?
    Why would it be a problem? If you wish your <classname> was a different race, and you filled all your slots on a server, you would have to delete him and re-roll. Just like any other game.

its a big problem but i dont think its going to get fixed. I have 8 and i started a 2nd account...kind of sucks

I have used all the slots and the sad part is on some classes I wanted to play both AC's so that kinda screws me from see another class with out going on a different server.

I know something similar was posted on the SWTOR forums but I really feel we need 16 slots. One slot for each AC or at least 10 to 12 slots to give us a few more options to play the both the AC's on one class and still have enough options to play rep. and Imp on one server.

Quote Originally Posted by Hurko View Post
    Why would it be a problem? If you wish your <classname> was a different race, and you filled all your slots on a server, you would have to delete him and re-roll. Just like any other game.
    It's a problem because if I had known it was going to be available, I may have held off on rolling/levelling some of the alts. Also, even had I known, what if I wanted to play alts before it was available? Now I am stuck with what I have.

Quote Originally Posted by Lathais View Post
    It's a problem because if I had known it was going to be available, I may have held off on rolling/levelling some of the alts. Also, even had I known, what if I wanted to play alts before it was available? Now I am stuck with what I have.
    There is always the possibility of new race/classes in any MMO. Any time you roll an alt or even your main you risk that later on there will be a choice introduced that you like more than what you currently have. It is not a problem, it is progress.

Deleted
    I'm fairly close.

I would rather they make the legacy unlocks account based rather than server based and i wish they would give something to people who play humans as far as race unlocks go.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I had all 8 filled within the first few weeks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Was trying to avoid filling up the slots for the "additional character creation options" promised in the legacy tab ingame. As of now it seems the only additional options are the new race/class combos, man I wanted more beards!
    SWTOR: Loveray Legacy @ Tomb of Freedon Nadd | Toyboy • Spray • Loveshot • Thrilldrill • Seax • Penetro • Hotgun • Lustro
    FFXIV ARR: Thrill Drill | Odin EU
    • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •
    Swtor eyecandy mm-mmmm! :Þ~

Yup. Got my 8 slots filled, but they're in preparation for Legacy already, and while 5 of the 8 aren't even past level 5 yet, their specs & crewskills are all planned out.

Quote Originally Posted by Koalachan View Post
    There is always the possibility of new race/classes in any MMO. Any time you roll an alt or even your main you risk that later on there will be a choice introduced that you like more than what you currently have. It is not a problem, it is progress.
    It is normal to add new race/classes combos this close to release? No, it is not. Not only that, but it is new race/class combos, not a new race or a new class. Either way, other MMOs that have done this do it at a big expansion, not at a patch and give you the option to change, usually via a micro-transaction. It's not progress when other MMOs do it better, it's regression, something I see a lot of in this game.

It is normal to add new race/classes combos this close to release? No, it is not. Not only that, but it is new race/class combos, not a new race or a new class. Either way, other MMOs that have done this do it at a big expansion, not at a patch and give you the option to change, usually via a micro-transaction. It's not progress when other MMOs do it better, it's regression, something I see a lot of in this game.
    Not always true. There was a long time before certain other games opened up the ability to change to the new races. There isn't even word right now IF swtor will even have expansions, or just series patches. That is quite common for some games to do instead of an expansion you need to buy to still play. It is normal for games developers to do things how they want and adjust to the community, not to try to be exactly like everyone else. There are a lot of games where once you make your character you can't change them at all still. There are some where you can only change your basic looks. Just because one game has paid race changes does not make it normal.

As most people in here seem to agree by reading through the posts, most people with all slots filled are just place holders. There has been plenty of warning that there would be new race/class combos, and if you filled it up then it is your own fault.

Not always true. There was a long time before certain other games opened up the ability to change to the new races. There isn't even word right now IF swtor will even have expansions, or just series patches. That is quite common for some games to do instead of an expansion you need to buy to still play. It is normal for games developers to do things how they want and adjust to the community, not to try to be exactly like everyone else. There are a lot of games where once you make your character you can't change them at all still. There are some where you can only change your basic looks. Just because one game has paid race changes does not make it normal.

As most people in here seem to agree by reading through the posts, most people with all slots filled are just place holders. There has been plenty of warning that there would be new race/class combos, and if you filled it up then it is your own fault.
    It's my fault that there was not enough to do at end-game and that if I wanted to keep playing it was play alts or buy another game?

It's my fault that there was not enough to do at end-game and that if I wanted to keep playing it was play alts or buy another game?
    This isn't an argument about end game content. However, many people feel there is plenty to do end game. I highly doubt you have done all the end-game on eight seperate toons.

Yes. I love alts. At least, I used to.

Mine filled up in the first week. I wouldn't mind rerolling them though. I'll end up keeping at least my main though, as I have some nice color crystals and some of the expensive mounts. I have been leveling on the Public Test to get those titles on live, and have been having a lot of fun with it, so I think I'll enjoy doing that again when it goes live.

This isn't an argument about end game content. However, many people feel there is plenty to do end game. I highly doubt you have done all the end-game on eight seperate toons.
    Never said it was, but the lack of end-game content is an argument in why not allowing race changes is a problem. For the many people that feel there is plenty to do end-game, they probably play less than I do(1-3 hours 3-4 days a week). For myself however, my g/f and I leveled solely with another couple. If the other half of our group was not available, we were left to play alts. Once we were geared for OPs, with no interest in PvP, there is nothing left but alts. Alts IS what the discussion is about and that is a valid argument for having alts.

Do I have 8 toons in full Rakata and Battlemaster? No. Do I have an assortment of alts, 1 that's my main, one that I play only with my girlfriend, one that I only play with another RL friend of mine, another that I only play with my g/f and her RL friend? Yes, I do. I cannot re-roll these guys because they are at the same level, have the same quests and are basically leveling with someone and that would throw things off if I had to re-roll.

Again though, the question you avoided is, once my main is where I wanted him to be I have 2 options, play another game(or find something else to do) or roll alts. Apparently, according to you, I should have waited to roll those alts until after 1.2, so I should be playing another game? Well, I like this game, it has more potential than other games IMO, so it is where my money goes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadgalaul View Post
    Have most of you guys been playing since release then? lol.. I'm at 2 months and only have one 50 (still working through story line too) and then a 21 BH that is sitting on Dromun Kaas (sp?).
    I bought the game in early Feb and I only have a 50 SW and some other alts around level 20 or so... I took my time leveling on my main, took a whole month. Idk how some of these people can rush the game so much and then have like 15 alts....
    It's pronounced "Dur-av-ian."