Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

can u be a clicker in arena

if not how do u change that. Break the clicker habit

Sure, but not as melee. It helps to have some keybinds of course. Easiest to start with using 1-5 for your most common abilities.

Sure you can, but it's nowhere near optimal. It's like taking a shit without toilet paper, I wouldn't advise it but there's nothing stopping you. How to break the habit? Bind every key besides 1-6 and just start practicing, do some BGs or some random dungeons. Good luck

Deleted
    You could, but dont expect to do well. (i know there are some exceptions before someone jumps in and moans that they are amazing and click, the majority of clickers DONT do well).

To stop clicking? Bind everything. Force yourself to not click, itll pay off and is really worth it.

Also if you find yourself running out of bind space dont forget modifiers (shift, alt, control although i only use shift) and maybe think about mice such as the razer naga (without a doubt the BEST "gaming" purchase ive ever made.)

get Razer Naga - 12 keys under your thumb + 12 per each mod key.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Arenas? lol no way man, Ur chances to survive are really low in both ways, meele and caster. I used to be a clicker once until a friend of mine helped me use keybinds, start by 1,2,3 etc... and get WoW mmo gaming mouse or razer mouses, those are really helpful for pvp since there are side buttons. Dont worry You'll get used to them one day but as for now practice as people said in bg's etc... Though I could suggest start binding by keys next to W,A,S,D since those are the buttons you press while walking like start by binding Q,E,Z,C,A,D and middle mouse then try move abit further F,G,H and when you get used to them start using s-1 (Shift 1) and so on.

EDIT: Though I'm not forcing you to use those keys as a beginning since everyone has his own keys in binding as some use num pad also

Deleted
    nope, sorry
    buy a good mouse like the razer naga, and just keybind everything + use those keybinds

Yes, you can be a clicker and do well in arenas. I knew a guy that did it. Don't let all the naysayers discourage you. Key binding is better but there is nothing wrong with clicking if you are quick.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hedleyazg View Post
    Yes, you can be a clicker and do well in arenas. I knew a guy that did it. Don't let all the naysayers discourage you. Key binding is better but there is nothing wrong with clicking if you are quick.
    I knew a guy that made the earth but oh well...

You can be, but it will hinder your performance, especially as a melee. To break the habit, you can do it one of two (or probably more) ways, either;

Go 'Cold Turkey' - keybind everything to a comfortable bind and unplug your mouse. Sit at the target dummies for ages until you memorize them, then do BGs to make you learn them properly.

OR

Do the same as above, but a few binds at a time. But this is like going into an ice cold pool. If you don't just jump you might not ever get in.
    Disclaimer: Jumping into cold water can cause problems, including death.

If possible I would suggest purchasing the Razer Naga, 12(or more with modifiers) buttons on the thumb alone makes life so much easier.
    Last edited by Soisoisoi; 2012-03-23 at 11:54 PM.

If you're an extrordinarily good RTS maestro and amazing with a mouse, yes. But you'd still be better with keyboard shortcuts. Cos as you know, even RTS players depend extensively on keyboard short cuts

Deleted
    It isnt about people being naysayers...

Your post is very hypocritical, pretty much every single person in the thread has said it IS possible but keybinding is better, which is obvious.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Ashio/advanced - I only arena for points but check the gear.
    Edit: My mouse is regular 2 buttons, 1 scroll.
    You must become a Master Baiter if you want to want to master the One-eyed Fish of the Dark Caverns!

Quote Originally Posted by Gneaper View Post
    I knew a guy that made the earth but oh well...
    2k in 2s while clicking is pretty good. http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ocked/advanced

---------- Post added 2012-03-23 at 04:50 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Dubbss View Post
    It isnt about people being naysayers...

Your post is very hypocritical, pretty much every single person in the thread has said it IS possible but keybinding is better, which is obvious.
    They say you can't do well in arenas while clicking. I say you can. I know someone that has done well while clicking. I also say its easier if you keybind. Learn to read.

Deleted
    [/COLOR]
    2k in 2s while clicking is pretty good. http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ocked/advanced

They say you can't do well in arenas while clicking. I say you can. I know someone that has done well while clicking. I also say its easier if you keybind. Learn to read.
    sure its possible to click to a high rating, its also possible to go to the moon, but very few have done it

Quote Originally Posted by undercovergnome View Post
    you can but dont expect to win many games, keybinds are just better, there is no doubt, how can you pay attention to buffs and debuffs when your looking to see what ability your mouse is over?, how can you use your mouse to turn if you need to keep clicking buttons?, if you click buttons with the mouse it pretty much means youll be keyboard turning and its just not effective,
    Unbinded, I use A/W/D to strafe in circles, pretty fun!
    You must become a Master Baiter if you want to want to master the One-eyed Fish of the Dark Caverns!

Quote Originally Posted by Dubbss View Post
    You could, but dont expect to do well. (i know there are some exceptions before someone jumps in and moans that they are amazing and click, the majority of clickers DONT do well).

To stop clicking? Bind everything. Force yourself to not click, itll pay off and is really worth it.

Also if you find yourself running out of bind space dont forget modifiers (shift, alt, control although i only use shift) and maybe think about mice such as the razer naga (without a doubt the BEST "gaming" purchase ive ever made.)
    horrible advice to stop clicking.
    You cant just go from click to fully bind, your suppose to bind a few things, then more, and more till your used to it

10+ Year Old Account
    Yup, you definitely can.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

Deleted

It really isnt an issue with MY reading. Just because the odd few people do "ok" in arena whilst clicking doesnt mean he will be able to.

OP = Keybind, its one of the first things i did when i started this game, common sense says that keybinding is better.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by artem123 View Post
    horrible advice to stop clicking.
    You cant just go from click to fully bind, your suppose to bind a few things, then more, and more till your used to it
    Yes you can. Will take no time at all to get used to it, if the OP would rather step in at the shallow end thats fine but personally (and please read the word personally) i find it easier to just go ahead and jump in.