Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    You will never be as good as a non clicker is the issue, and generally speaking people who click also keyboard turn, Breaking the habit .. Keybind stuff and use it

Deleted
    It depends if you want to have a high rating or not
    You should bind everything and be mad a while, but when you understand how to play (and learn your keybinds) you'll get an higher rating

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeire View Post
    As a clicker I have been to 2.8k rating in 2s on my lock. As a clicker curently hold over 30 current WoL rankings including many top 5. Hell I even Boost people to 2s Ratings achieves every week for money as Everyone wants achieves these days. As a clicker I just felt this thread should have some balance.
    That's something REALLY easy to prove if it were true. Not like you need to, this is an internet forum and you can lie as much as you want - it's up to the other posters to eat up what you say or not; if you really, truly wanted to "support" clickers you'd make a tiny effort and link your warlock's armory so they could check the statistics and feel a little more secure about their play style. 2800 in 2v2 was only really possible to achieve in S7/S8, basically rank 1 rating, so excuse them if they don't believe what you're saying. The fact you say you don't care if people believe you or not only leads me to think you really want them to - regardless, clickers can do well in arena, just look at Dril; a mage who you should obviously know, even if you're from the US rather than the EU, being a successful clicker yourself.

More on topic, even if you're a lightning fast clicker like Dril was, keybinding will always be quicker. It's a matter of whether or not you can cope with being slower (comp, class, bracket, rating, everything influences it) than everyone else.

15+ Year Old Account
    It's like going into a fight with one arm tied behind your back. Sure you can do it, and if you're good enough you'll be able to kick some ass, but it would be easier and more fun to go at it without handicapping yourself.

Clicking is not only slower, it also use your eye focus to see where you're clicking, by looking away, even if its for 0.5sec, you're not watching what's happening in the game and it may affect your decision making

Can you? Yes. Will you do well? Probably not, and even if you do somehow manage 2k+ rating, you still won't be playing to the best of your ability.

To answer the other question though, just keybind everything (and I mean EVERYTHING), and just do BGs for a few days without letting yourself click anything. You'll break the clicking habit very fast.

consistently clicking in arenas/rated bg's will also lead to quicker mental fatigue and lapses in concentration.

I don't recommend it.

Deleted
    You can be a clicker if you want nobody is stopping you

Deleted
    clilck if you want, i used to but started binding in TBC and nver looked back its just too convienient if you ask me.

if you click dont say ''by the way i click'' your just asking for the morons in the team/server to feel big and poke fun where in reality there no better than bullies hiding behind a computer screen

you can be a clicker, but you can also be a corpse.

You can, but you will put yourself at a serious disadvantage.

To break the habit of clicking, I recommend the following:
    1. Look at your abilities. What do you use most commonly?
    2. Look at your keyboard. Which buttons can you reach easily? 1-6, r,t,f,g etc.? Put your most important abilities there.
    3. hide your action bars so you are forced to use the keyboard. In the beginning, the simple task of killing a quest mob will be daunting, but your hand will quickly start to remember where your abilities are.

and if you play multiple chars, try to put similar actions on the same button. Charge/Deathgrip/Shadow Step/Feral Charge may be one. Interrupts another. Your main spam ability another. And so forth.

If you play a hunter: Buy a razor naga. I've recently started pvping with him and I'm using 48 keybinds right now (with modifier keys to change action bars), and I still have to click some abilities (dismiss/call pet etc.) because I've run out of keys. Seriously, that char uses about twice as many keys as my shaman healer or rogue for example.
    Last edited by Lil; 2012-03-26 at 02:25 PM.

for the people responding saying that they have way too many binds, i found that a combination of binds + the addon clique helped me a lot. so basically i have all of my dps abilities bound like normal on my ret paladin, but bop and all my heals are bound to my mouse and cast based on mouseover. really freed up space and kept me from having a separate binding for every heal for every member of my group, like some people do. on my hunter, i have master's call on middle mouse button. i can cast it on anyone i want in the same amount of time it takes someone with a keybind, and i don't have to sacrifice a billion prime keyboard real estate spots to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by ImpTaimer View Post
    Can you click? Of course. Is it inefficient? Subject to opinion.

Can you use only a mouse? Sure. Is it inefficient? Subject to opinion.

All I can say is someone who plays with only a mouse is much more impressive than the generic shmo who uses custom keybinds and peripherals.

Play the way you want, ignore the baddies who need mods and special mice/keyboards to win arena games.
    This has to be the stupidest thing i've ever read opined on this site. Im just curious if he's just being stupid for the sake of being stupid aka devils advicatesk or trying to get people to flame him or something

---------- Post added 2012-03-27 at 09:38 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Jeire View Post
    to my knowledge its impossible to be carried to that rating or anything near, specially in 2s. I dont mind if you dont believe me or not, I have nothing i feel i need to prove. I just wanted to encourage all those who think its impossible to do well with clicking. If you want to hard enough and put the needed effort in, you certainly can.

Huge liar, whats your motive in doing this? Do you think its funny to deceive people? This is your toon, you post most in druid forums, name matches, this druid is bad at pvp, it all adds up. http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...l/Jeire/simple