Thread: Keybindings?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Titan
    10+ Year Old Account

Keybindings?

Does the game allow them? Can one remap the utility skills to something closer to my left hands side of the keyboard? I have been unable to find any information on it, so I had to come and ask.

What game?

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Charecters View Post
    What game?
    ...are you serious?

Deleted
    Charecters take a guess?.... Yes you will be able to rebind your keys

You can rebind your keys, saddly you still can not move around your weapon skills. >.< I hate my spamable attack being on 1 and yes I know I can rebind those keys aswell but the visual ques screw with me when they are not located were I use the skill.
    Last edited by zeelic; 2012-03-23 at 10:44 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zeelic View Post
    You can rebind your keys, saddly you still can not move around your weapon skills. >.< I hate my spamable attack being on 1 and yes I know I can rebind those keys aswell but the visual ques screw with me when they are not located were I use the skill.
    This.. Every person has their spells in different places..

One can rebind keys.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Controls
    http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/User_interface

Just a reminder, take what you see in videos with a grain of salt up to now. Most people playing do not have the time or impulse to delve into the specifics of shift+Q being an optimal CD bind and so forth.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    One can rebind keys.

Just a reminder, take what you see in videos with a grain of salt up to now. Most people playing do not have the time or impulse to delve into the specifics of shift+Q being an optimal CD bind and so forth.
    I feel like a complete idiot for not thinking of looking it up on the wiki...
    Thanks.

10+ Year Old Account
    One can rebind keys.

Anyone knows what is "H Open Hero panel"?

10+ Year Old Account
    Unassigned 3D Screenshot
    Unassigned High-Res Screenshot
    This intrigues me!
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Interesting key bindings from wiki:

Unassigned 3D Screenshot
    Unassigned High-Res Screenshot
    Print Screen Normal Screenshot

Deleted
    Most people playing do not have the time or impulse to delve into the specifics of shift+Q being an optimal CD bind and so forth.
    Why are you trying to talk like an Asura?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kanggaxx View Post
    Why are you trying to talk like an Asura?
    Because his faith as human is his weakness...

Quote Originally Posted by Rytlock BigPaw View Post
    Because his faith as human is his weakness...
    well played good sir well played...

Deleted
    Yeah you can rebind your keys

Now for the better question, can we use Alt+ keybinds? I have never been given a straight answer on that.

Quote Originally Posted by Drofu View Post
    Now for the better question, can we use Alt+ keybinds? I have never been given a straight answer on that.
    As of right now, you can't use modifiers for keybinds (Alt, ctrl, Shift). You can use Function keys though, and while I know a lot of people like to use Modifiers in their keybinds, take into account if you please that you don't need to have 20/30 key bindings/macros on your screen like in some other games to be competitive (ie Rift, Aion, WoW).

You have 1-10, and depending on your profession you use F1-F4 for certain abilities (ele's switch their element, mesmers have their shatters). And the last major key is the ( ~ ) key, which switches to your 2nd weapon set if your profession has it.

Also, didn't we already have a thread about Key Bindings?
    Last edited by Allanon the Mystic; 2012-03-24 at 10:08 AM.
    - Guild Wars 2 Characters -
    Senari of the Woad | Riven Lightsbane | Cain the Mystic

I dunno why anyone would think a game coming out in 2012 wouldn't allow changable keybinds.

Also, the "hero panel" is your "character sheet", effectively. With a few more things, obviously.

K
    Quote Originally Posted by Allanon the Mystic View Post
    As of right now, you can't use modifiers for keybinds (Alt, ctrl, Shift). You can use Function keys though, and while I know a lot of people like to use Modifiers in their keybinds, take into account if you please that you don't need to have 20/30 key bindings/macros on your screen like in some other games to be competitive (ie Rift, Aion, WoW).

You have 1-10, and depending on your profession you use F1-F4 for certain abilities (ele's switch their element, mesmers have their shatters). And the last major key is the ( ~ ) key, which switches to your 2nd weapon set if your profession has it.

Key bindings are completely different for everyone. To me personally not being able to use modifiers cripples me a lot.

In the original guild Wars it wasn't as bad but now we have ten skills to worry about and a lot more interface to deal with. Keys like f and e and q weren't necessary. Now in guild wars two those key binds are used and now you have to bind them further away from wsad and it becomes very tedious. There really is no excuse to not include modifier key binds.

Keybindings
    The most important thing to realize is, no matter what you experience you are never alone; no matter what you are struggling through, there is always someone who is more unfortunate.

It's Ok to Be Takei (Rank 35/ Fractal Level 22)

Quote Originally Posted by Allanon the Mystic View Post

Ah ok, wasn't sure if they updated the status on modifier keys or not. It is just alt+ modifier's are just so natural to me. Literally just a quick thumb movement.