League of Legends now #1 Game in Korea

And in case you missed it, LoL took over one of the Korean television channels that was previously broadcasting Starcraft 2:
    http://www.sk-gaming.com/content/524...mpions_started

Deleted
    Does that mean that we can expect more and more anime looking and cute yordle champs. Hurray!... NOT. :<

10+ Year Old Account
    koreans stronk, better nerf irelia

Deleted
    Inb4 korean teams winning tournament. =P

Quote Originally Posted by JamesHunt View Post
    Does that mean that we can expect more and more anime looking and cute yordle champs. Hurray!... NOT. :<
    That makes no sense. "We got to #1 in Korea doing what we've been doing since we released there, let's change everything around now." It's not like Starcraft was cute/anime-looking, and it's still in 4th place despite it's age and the fact that nothing has been added to it since Brood War came out. Your cynicism is weak, bro.
    Now, THIS thing? THIS thing is horrible. It's just awful. It was awful at 60 and it was awful at 58. It's awful at 45. If this dropped off a mob in Wailing Caverns when you were level 17 and being run through by a higher level character, you would equip it ONLY because you don't have trinkets at that level, and it would STILL SUCK.
    -Wowhead user on the Lion Horn of Stormwind, an epic from the era of so-called "EPIC" epics.

Deleted
    I thought GomTV was the only channel broadcasting SC2?

Havent league been #1 there for a few months now? Or was that some other asian country? I remember Cad or someone was talking about how big it was that LoL was bigger than sc2 over there..

Quote Originally Posted by Trollspwn View Post
    I believe i read somewhere that there are two. One, if i recall correctly, had commentators picking apart random games to teach people, and the other one was running a tournament.

Havent league been #1 there for a few months now? Or was that some other asian country? I remember Cad or someone was talking about how big it was that LoL was bigger than sc2 over there..
    It was #2 a month or two ago.
    Signature by Tacy :]

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trollspwn View Post
    In Korea yes GOM have the rights to the GSL, rumour that Blizzards new tournament they are taking to Korea later this year might be on a rival network though.

I believe there are 2 or so companies broadcasting Brood War.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Flimsy View Post
    In Korea yes GOM have the rights to the GSL, rumour that Blizzards new tournament they are taking to Korea later this year might be on a rival network though.

I believe there are 2 or so companies broadcasting Brood War.
    Yes it will be very interesting to see if the retiring BW pros will switch to LoL or SC2

Help the girl to earn bonuses please!!!!
    Register and get a level 5 (* ______ *)
    I want to gain a little Referrals to get the bonuses> _ <

* Don't ask for referrals like this, especially not completely off topic in a semi-old thread. Infracted. ~Mest
    Last edited by mmoc0a04ed3db8; 2012-04-12 at 02:37 PM.

This is activity for internet cafes. I have no idea if certain games get played more at internet cafes than they do at homes, or if its an accurate portrayal of overall demographics, but it should still be considered.

Also.....I'm fairly certain there were no television channels broadcasting Starcraft 2 so wtf?

Deleted
    Did they get over Starcraft?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wapetufo View Post
    impossibru, SC2 is massive it has to at least be #2.

and also ib4 koreans start to pwn the western world like they do in sc lol.
    SC2 isn't that popular in Korea, a number of pro's (including some of the best like Flash) haven't even swapped over yet and still play BW. It never took off in Korea and honestly, a number of the SC2 Korean pro's are kind of washed up old BW pro's.

Any Korean television channels with game reviews or broadcasting? Or anything similar?

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry for the bump. Just noticed that the topic is old.

Quote Originally Posted by Blood Crusade View Post
    koreans stronk, better nerf irelia
    stumbled on this forum, funny 7 years later shes still op! loool

Why do I like League Of Legends? Because it is not just a game, but a universe. Content has a huge history of the game world, often the game is supported by interesting videos about the game and finally the cyber-sports component. The game also pleases with its non-standard cartoon drawing, there is no such drawing in any MOBA game.
    Each character is a whole person whose story intersects with other characters. My favorite characters are Sejuani, Camila, Kartos, Braum, Anivia, Lissandra, Sorak, Nami.
    I have been playing this game for almost 5 years now, which is probably the best MOBA for me.

Quote Originally Posted by ArthurFarwell View Post
    Why do I like League Of Legends? Because it is not just a game, but a universe. Content has a huge history of the game world, often the game is supported by interesting videos about the game and finally the cyber-sports component. The game also pleases with its non-standard cartoon drawing, there is no such drawing in any MOBA game.
    Each character is a whole person whose story intersects with other characters. My favorite characters are Sejuani, Camila, Kartos, Braum, Anivia, Lissandra, Sorak, Nami.
    I have been playing this game for almost 5 years now, which is probably the best MOBA for me.
    I know you won't answer (because that's how you accounts work) but not only is this the wrong thread to proclaim your love of LoL, this thread was already necro'ed once from 2012.