[Ret] Haste vs Crit - Discuss

Hello fellow retadins - and retadettes!

So, first off, I'm interested in numbers. Secondly, I'm interested in hearing your thought about how it "feels".
    Also say if you are talking about PVE or PVP.

- No, I haven't simmed going all out haste, or crit.
    - No, I haven't even got SimCraft installed.

To start with myself - I go for full mast, and go for mast > crit > haste. It works fine with me, and i get few "rotation crashes", (like, choice between sitting idle for half a CS cd, or push something else, and then watch my precious CS cd sitting there unused while in the GCD.

I do mostly PVE, but i use the same reforge prio and "rotation" in PVP too. At least bgs.

I would like to hear some of the numbers you get, both "out there" in the game, but also simmed. And again, post how it feels. Sometimes I feel more haste could spice my rotation up a bit, and get more Exo procs, but I'm not sure it's worth it.

If you want to be a good person and sim me, go ahead, armory in sig.

Deleted
    I'm quite sure all rets besides the EJ guy reccommends going crit > haste. I honestly wouldn't bother going haste at any point.
    All the EJ guy claimed was Crit=Haste and pretty much everyone else says crit>haste. I think it's safe to say that crit is the way to go, even if they are equal it won't matter since they are equal, you know?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Valkiri View Post
    I'm quite sure all rets besides the EJ guy reccommends going crit > haste. I honestly wouldn't bother going haste at any point.
    All the EJ guy claimed was Crit=Haste and pretty much everyone else says crit>haste. I think it's safe to say that crit is the way to go, even if they are equal it won't matter since they are equal, you know?
    My pvp spec is based on haste for more holy power for TV and WOG. But overall i would support the Crit> haste model.

Quote Originally Posted by Uridawnblade View Post
    My pvp spec is based on haste for more holy power for TV and WOG. But overall i would support the Crit> haste model.
    In pvp especially crit > mastery > haste cause of the near 100% crit chance on WoG with the proper spec, I'd never run a haste setup for pvp.
    "No. I am Ganner. This threshold is mine. I claim it for my own. Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass."
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...lvtwo/advanced

The author of EJ ret thread is getting wrong conclusions on stats and rotation priorities based on his terrible speadsheet.

There has ever been a much better one called "Redcap's ret spreadsheet " in EJ forum ,but the author has stopped updating it since the patch 4.2

Now in the patch 4.3 , simulationcraft is the only convincing modelling tool for ret single target dps.
    Last edited by KKu; 2012-03-24 at 06:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Uridawnblade View Post
    with the t13 2set haste builds are irrelevant. crit is the only option for pvp.

i've always favored crit over haste for pve, but i generally don't use spreadsheets, i might be wrong.
    " I need a sec, my wrists hurt from spamming slam so hard. Playing cleave vs cleave is tough stuff guys"

Deleted
    I'm not saying I'm any better, but exemplar is p shit.
    Mastery > Crit > Haste. I doubt this will change in MoP tbh, specially with that Crusader's Zeal thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Given the way fights are scripted in DS, and the heavy burst damage opportunities that are given to you in DS (think Zon'ozz/Hagara/Blackhorn/SPINE/Madness), it's best in my opinion to do Mastery > Crit > Haste.

Crit is a tad more naturally available on our gear as well this tier.

(I also love Crit because it helps me keep Heroic Apparatus stacks for Hagara and Spine ;D)

Best stat in MoP could easily be either Mastery (damage increase) or Haste (reducing CD and GCD of some of our most used abilities, including HP generating Abilities), with Crit falling in last place. None of this could matter, and we'll see more as the Beta and patch 5.0 draws closer. None of this last paragraph could actually hold any truth in a matter of months. Pure speculation.
    Last edited by Phantoms; 2012-03-25 at 05:35 AM.

I tried the haste build and it was a lot of fun for a few reasons. It resulted in better HP generation, more exorcism procs, and faster melee swing. Though I loved the fast paced model the issue was clipping. With Crit > Mastery you end up using more procs since you are not sacrificing HP generation hoping for exorcism procs. The art of war procs are nice from the amount of haste, but if your not using em then there is wasted stats.

Quote Originally Posted by darknessice View Post
    I'm not saying I'm any better, but exemplar is p shit.
    Mastery > Crit > Haste. I doubt this will change in MoP tbh, specially with that Crusader's Zeal thing.
    You doubt this will change in MoP.. why? Everything points to mastery becoming mediocre and haste pulling ahead with crit probably close behind.