Thread: [MoP] Symbiosis

Page 33 of 45 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gotjuice View Post
    Came in here to say this: I'm SOOOOO jealous of you guys! But hey pick the hunter for Symbiosis, we'll give you deterrence. =P
    You actually give me misdirection, which a lot of moonkin are QQing about. I'm looking forward to griefing so many guildies.
    Sunfyre | @FoGSunfyre

This seems moderately useful for druids, though raid comp and spec need to be perfect for your spells to matter. For most everyone else, they will tuck this button away and never again even contemplate using it. Lots of other classes probably laugh at the crap they're getting from symbiosis, I know I and my shaman definitely are. Thanks but no thanks for solar beam.

Quote Originally Posted by Nattigor View Post
    This seems moderately useful for druids, though raid comp and spec need to be perfect for your spells to matter. For most everyone else, they will tuck this button away and never again even contemplate using it. Lots of other classes probably laugh at the crap they're getting from symbiosis, I know I and my shaman definitely are. Thanks but no thanks for solar beam.
    That would be rather ignorant unless you plan on only clearing LFR or Normal after months of nerfs. Nearly all of the abilities granted to both sides are situational, for most classes it's not very likely that the druid would give you Symbiosis unless it was a useful trade on both sides for the encounter in question.

Druid / Demon Hunter SimulationCraft Maintainer

Deleted
    Can anyone post a pic or video of Symbiosis feign death?

Quote Originally Posted by Gotjuice View Post
    I'm SOOOOO jealous of you guys!
    Jealous for what? Not this abomination I suppose.
    Take it if you want.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vasek View Post
    Can anyone post a pic or video of Symbiosis feign death?
    Last edited by mmoc2e7b040398; 2012-04-15 at 11:39 PM.

Deleted
    God damn that's some good death feigning.

Quote Originally Posted by aggixx View Post
    That would be rather ignorant unless you plan on only clearing LFR or Normal after months of nerfs. Nearly all of the abilities granted to both sides are situational, for most classes it's not very likely that the druid would give you Symbiosis unless it was a useful trade on both sides for the encounter in question.
    So it's ignorant to assume that ALL of the pvp oriented abilities that are shared and exchanged are nothing more than trash for boss fights? or are we now allowed to cast solar beam on bosses so they don't cast anything anymore? I'm simply saying that blizz created this spell with the right idea, but the spells they have in place take this unbelievable utility and make it so that there will always be 1-2 symbiosis assurances in a raid, same goes with pvp. Just wanted the spells to be a bit more general instead of trying to get so "situational" that symbiosis is good for ONE MOB, in ONE INSTANCE, in ONE PATCH.

15+ Year Old Account
    For PVE: i do think a solar beam on a enchancement shammy might be a bit useless as they already have the best spell interupt ingame :P but on stationary adds such as those on Alysrazor it will help to let you cast something else while the beam does its work
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

Not sure, but i believe all basic interrupts will be on a baseline 15 sec cd. So solarbeam might be nice hehe

Gonna have a video up soon, w/ 4 classes that i symbiosis with.
    Pretty interesting on how the ability works and what potential it has. Some op and some not.
    But if this ability gets balanced in both pve and pvp. It will be amazing. (cough unlike wild mushroom for catalysm ;p)

15+ Year Old Account
    yeh ill miss my mushrooms, they where nice decoration for boss rooms
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mihir View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-e8KrTGS2Kc
    Thank you!
    Last edited by mmoc2e7b040398; 2012-04-17 at 10:47 AM.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dwight Howard View Post
    Lol what? When did I say all of that would change? I said a 0% chance that it will be that exact list, as in some of it will change 100% of the time. l2reading comprehension bro.
    Actually, the problem isn't reading comprehension, it was your terrible ability to communicate. Let's examine what you wrote, shall we?

"There is 0, I repeat 0% of this exact list making it to live." - What you meant was that there was a 0% CHANCE that this exact list made it to live as it is. That is NOT what you wrote. You said ZERO PERCENT OF THIS LIST is making it live. Guess what that means? It means NONE of the abilities are going live.

Before you get insulting, try making sure you actually make sense.

---------- Post added 2012-04-16 at 05:59 PM ----------

Your druid is selling this short if he thinks it won't be useful to him. Other classes are completely blind if they think they won't like it too. As someone else said, the druid isn't likely to give it to you unless you BOTH find it useful for that encounter. You might laugh at solar beam, but if an AoE silence is needed, guess what's gonna happen?

In response you'd likely say that an AoE silence isn't likely to be needed, which is fine. He'll just give his symbiosis to someone else. With 10 options to choose from for EACH of the Druid specs, he'll be sure to find a mutually beneficial situation.
    Last edited by Sooba; 2012-04-16 at 09:00 PM.

So it's ignorant to assume that ALL of the pvp oriented abilities that are shared and exchanged are nothing more than trash for boss fights? or are we now allowed to cast solar beam on bosses so they don't cast anything anymore? I'm simply saying that blizz created this spell with the right idea, but the spells they have in place take this unbelievable utility and make it so that there will always be 1-2 symbiosis assurances in a raid, same goes with pvp. Just wanted the spells to be a bit more general instead of trying to get so "situational" that symbiosis is good for ONE MOB, in ONE INSTANCE, in ONE PATCH.
    Well, it's a lot better than Wild Mushrooms for feral druids, to say the least.

This is the one beauty of the spell: it can change depending upon your target. While you harp on the "one mob in one instance in one patch," there's always going to be the situational scenarios in the newest content. On the surface, you may believe Symbiosis provides next to nothing, but in the right situation it can give you and/or your target everything needed. If you look closely, although subject to change, what the druid gains from a class is independent of the targets spec. While I'm just going to give a specific example, it can be broadly applied: suppose you only have a healer priest and you want to have someone Dispersion tank a big tentacle on Madness, instead of switching out a bunch of people you have your feral druid give the priest Symbiosis for Disperson.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

Deleted
    sigh, what a pile of shit spell...... if i wanted to ues a different class ability id roll that fukkin class.... fukk you blizz you bunch o ass monkeys

User was infracted for this post.
    Last edited by mmoc2e7b040398; 2012-04-17 at 10:44 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by cringleburt fistybuns View Post
    sigh, what a pile of shit spell...... if i wanted to ues a different class ability id roll that fukkin class.... fukk you blizz you bunch o ass monkeys
    Your username fits your posts, total nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by Mihir View Post
    Finally I see that animation on a cat druid again, last time was that Akama quest in Shadowmoon I kinda wish death wouldn't cancel our forms
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathanyel View Post
    I kinda wish death wouldn't cancel our forms
    Same, i really wish it. Bump this thread if you like it http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3686352040#1

15+ Year Old Account
    can someone make a real suggestion to blizzard to turn dispersion into nature energy instead of shadow plz
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE