Thread: [MoP] Symbiosis

Page 5 of 45 FirstFirst ...
3
4
5
6
7
15
... LastLast
  1. #81
    Quote Originally Posted by Batix View Post
    Not sure if serious.

    Mirror Image says "hi"
    An it fixes all the problems right?

  2. #82
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabnock View Post
    An it fixes all the problems right?
    Did you read the guy's post I quoted?

    If we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars.
    Tenkuu Seratonin
    Annegwish

  3. #83
    Quote Originally Posted by Sprucelee View Post
    Don't understand tranq...

    If I am forced to always give tranq to priests... for leap of faith in return... I will be using Leap of Faith on them to interrupt their tranquillity

    Just seems out of whack. And that is not even getting into the fact that it is just silly OP, and weird considering priests already have the same basic spell....
    fixed that for you

    from rogue there are
    Redirect to move combo points
    Evasion to dodge 50% of incoming attacks and reduce dmg taken by 25%
    Cloak of shadows to remove dots
    Guess what the boomkin get? CLOAK OF SHADOWS? nope they will for sure add smoke bomb :ahahah:
    Quote Originally Posted by Elunedra View Post
    Ouch...
    Last edited by Meldon; 2012-03-23 at 12:09 AM.

  4. #84
    Quote Originally Posted by Batix View Post
    Did you read the guy's post I quoted?
    Did you understand the core problem that he explain?
    It is not only that a poor designed way to fill the gaps...and Mirror Image is not a valid solution to burst dps (maybe Recklessness but it is also not a so good choice)...but the other shitty ability you'll take (Purge ftw!), which simply don't fill any flaws at all.
    Last edited by Mihir; 2012-03-23 at 08:00 AM.

  5. #85
    Quote Originally Posted by Divisible View Post
    Have you partaken in any of the beta's at all? If not, I can tell you that they have changed a lot of things.
    Not Yet i didn't make it in the first wave but: http://www.wowdb.com/spells/108288-heart-of-the-wild

    I know they have added icons for:
    WildMushroom Frenzy
    WildMushroom Bloom
    Wild Burst

    If a druid could take a screenshot of the last talent row in game maybe...

  6. #86
    Updated my post here, definitely still some uncertainties and some guesswork, but looks pretty close. I'll check back later and update anything new that develops.

  7. #87
    Herald of the Titans Irisel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Swimming in a fish bowl
    Posts
    2,648
    Well, Shaman are getting stiffed in pve.

    Rule of Thumb: If the healer's HPS is higher than your DPS, you're doing it wrong.

  8. #88
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyous View Post
    I'll be giving Symbiosis to a (Fury) Warrior for Recklessness. Solar+Incarnation+Recklessness = seriously ridiculous damage.
    oh god, with the 30% crit war banner, inb4 every hit is a crit? xd

  9. #89
    Ohhh I can see the Resto/Locks in WSG already.

  10. #90
    Just wanted to drop a few lines on the whole ret with tiger's fury is OP comment. As it is now, it seems to be awarding 15% extra physical dmg for 6s and 3 holy power on a 30s cd with no GCD.

    Ret physical dmg was lowered quite a bit according to the calculator. Ret burst in PvP will be holy dmg and as such tiger's fury is much more balanced than you would assume (in terms of burst).

    However, as a PvE ret paladin I can say this will be a very helpful buff.

  11. #91
    I wanna get Demonic Circle: Teleport, ice trap / deterrence and Dispersion, I'm Moonkin

  12. #92
    Stood in the Fire
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    439
    Correct me if I'm wrong since I'm really wondering, will this ability just simply ex-change abilities? For example I'm a Rogue and the Guardian will get Evasion, but I will NOT have Evasion anymore but something else instead? If so this spell is just retarded and most people wont even wanna trade spells

  13. #93
    Quote Originally Posted by traen View Post
    There is no way that anyone else in raid will get my symbiosis but dk
    be sure that monk will get your symbiosis so he will get berserk

  14. #94
    Quote Originally Posted by pinkpanter View Post
    be sure that monk will get your symbiosis so he will get berserk
    I'm sure that its balanced to be only one way. So you can either get dps ability or give dps ability. If you get dps ability, you will give survival/healing/cc ability in return, if you give dps ability, you will get survival/cc ability in return.

    I see no reason to give away my dps buf to another dps class. Its not like DKs ever used Unholy Frenzy to anyone but themselves.

  15. #95
    Did someone say Boomkin with Recklessness? Oh I so hope that goes live.

  16. #96
    Fluffy Kitten Mihir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    2,797
    Quote Originally Posted by Flandersson View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong since I'm really wondering, will this ability just simply ex-change abilities? For example I'm a Rogue and the Guardian will get Evasion, but I will NOT have Evasion anymore but something else instead? If so this spell is just retarded and most people wont even wanna trade spells
    No. You don't lose any spells, you just get an extra one.

  17. #97
    Quote Originally Posted by Flandersson View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong since I'm really wondering, will this ability just simply ex-change abilities? For example I'm a Rogue and the Guardian will get Evasion, but I will NOT have Evasion anymore but something else instead? If so this spell is just retarded and most people wont even wanna trade spells
    That is incorrect, and would also be completely pointless. There is little-to-no benefit to just switch abilities between classes, especially when looking at raid CDs.

    No. If a Restoration Druid places Symbiosis on a, the Druid gains Leap of Faith. If the Priest is Discipline, the Priest will receive Tranquillity.

    At no point in this process does the Druid lose the ability to cast Tranquillity. In the same sense, the Priest doesn't lose their Leap of Faith.

    Ultimately, you're multiplying two abilities. (Note that exactly what spells are being copied is scheduled to change. Beta is Beta).

    - People seem to have a hard time grasping this concept.

  18. #98
    your list is nice and all but from what they have said is that it varies on not only your spec but THEIR spec. so you cant simple say hey if ur a resto and you link with a mage you get this. Frost mage may give something different than a fire mage etc etc. Now I do doubt that each and every spec gives something unique, as that would just be excessive but there are some that are already datamined and spec specific.

    for example: Unholy Frenzy is a Unholy DK move only. Therefore you will need to link with an Unholy DK to get it, not just any DK. And it goes well beyond that, including moves that arent spec specific it can still vary on the other person's spec.

    So to make a more accurate list it would have to look something like:

    BLOOD DK
    Balance:
    Feral:
    Guardian:
    Resto

    FROST DK
    Balance:
    Feral:
    Guardian:
    Resto:

    and so on

    EDIT: Just wait for the beta to allow players to do the 85+ content and have a 87 druid manually find out every single combo. Unless Blizz releases an official list first
    Last edited by Jibjabb; 2012-03-23 at 08:01 AM.

  19. #99
    Fluffy Kitten Mihir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    2,797
    Quote Originally Posted by Jibjabb View Post
    your list is nice and all but from what they have said is that it varies on not only your spec but THEIR spec. so you cant simple say hey if ur a resto and you link with a mage you get this. Frost mage may give something different than a fire mage etc etc. Now I do doubt that each and every spec gives something unique, as that would just be excessive but there are some that are already datamined and spec specific.

    for example: Unholy Frenzy is a Unholy DK move only. Therefore you will need to link with an Unholy DK to get it, not just any DK. And it goes well beyond that, including moves that arent spec specific it can still vary on the other person's spec.

    So to make a more accurate list it would have to look something like:

    BLOOD DK
    Balance:
    Feral:
    Guardian:
    Resto

    FROST DK
    Balance:
    Feral:
    Guardian:
    Resto:

    and so on

    EDIT: Just wait for the beta to allow players to do the 85+ content and have a 87 druid manually find out every single combo. Unless Blizz releases an official list first
    Nope. From http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...54?page=23#450 :

    The target always gets the same spell unless they change combat roles. A Druid of a given specialization always gets the same spell from each different class. If there is a change of specs, there is a change of spell.

  20. #100
    The Lightbringer Elunedra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    3,345
    i dont think
    Evasion to dodge 50% of incoming attacks and reduce dmg taken by 25%
    (Sort off makes you unhittable for 15 secs)
    is for guardian druids as it is to OP, its like giving TranQ to priests

    ---------- Post added 2012-03-23 at 09:21 AM ----------

    as for the system i agree whit mihir, after reasding tru it a few times,
    the ability we get depents on target class & OUR spec
    the ability they get depents on target class & THIER spec
    Last edited by Elunedra; 2012-03-23 at 08:10 AM.
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •