Thread: [MoP] Symbiosis

Page 7 of 45 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    "Balance - Recklessness" If this is true, Warriors will probably be getting it alot in my raids
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”
    ― Albert Einstein

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teva View Post
    "Balance - Recklessness" If this is true, Warriors will probably be getting it alot in my raids
    Yes please.
    Sunfyre | @FoGSunfyre

Quote Originally Posted by Steik View Post
    Symbiosis is like the main reason i'm staying with my druid as my main in MoP. Looks like it's going to be a world of fun ^_^
    Same here, inbefore everyone wants a druid in the groups
    Quote Originally Posted by Teva View Post
    I hope so.. having a druid main and a warrior right behind shall be fun expac

So on Affiniti's live stream they were talking about Symbiosis probably not making it to Live (And apparently that is also an official internal answer from Bliz, it won't make it live)

Make other healers insanely OP, stopping inc damage, CDs.....give Rdruids nothing other than throughput (Then nerf their throughput) lol.

Will be BS if it doesn't go live, if Bliz won't give us CDs, we need to take SaC etc from other healers instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Elunedra View Post
    it kinda depents on witch druid role can access witch ability's but sofar it seems pretty awsome for tanking whit dispersion, buble or lightning shield for threat :P
    Dispersion would probably be for balance or feral dps.

I'll trade tranquility for barrier or PoH

Damn that sounds sweet. I'm gonna PvP my pants off on my druid in MoP lol. Symbiosis sounds really cool. I'm gonna lol if balance druid really do get smokebomb though. xD Roots + smokebomb and healer can't heal his partner, shiv crippling/roots(on DR now) on the healer + solar beam, cyclone on the healer, smokebomb on the target you're burning, ... Yeah balance/rogue sounds like great fun! xD

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sprucelee View Post
    I'll trade tranquility for barrier or PoH
    It's not a trade...

Quote Originally Posted by Thorim View Post
    So on Affiniti's live stream they were talking about Symbiosis probably not making it to Live (And apparently that is also an official internal answer from Bliz, it won't make it live)

Make other healers insanely OP, stopping inc damage, CDs.....give Rdruids nothing other than throughput (Then nerf their throughput) lol.

Will be BS if it doesn't go live, if Bliz won't give us CDs, we need to take SaC etc from other healers instead.
    So lame if they can't manage to get this into the game before launch. It's not something they have come up with now, this was one of the first things they pitched...

Quote Originally Posted by chinobar View Post
    It's not a trade...

So lame if they can't manage to get this into the game before launch. It's not something they have come up with now, this was one of the first things they pitched...
    they probably just dont wanna manage all the
    A; QQ about druids being op and their class not being OP
    B: Actually having to balance it, omg cakes noo!
    C: people wanting to bring more druids, and they want bring the player not the class, So really that arguement wont work to fact of you could see in progression, heroic spine =/

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorim View Post

I'm pretty sure they won't give up on Symbiosis that easily. It's a Druid ability, so it should be good for the Druid who uses it of course, but if it begins causing some weird balance issues for other classes, they'll either just change all of the abilities the target gets to utility, or just scrap that part of the ability altogether and just make it solely for the casting Druid.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabnock View Post
    And that's why I've chosen the word Parasitism (with a bit of sarcasm) instead of others, because we need them much more then they need us.
    However, you don´t get worse by GETTING an ability.

I would like a feral druid to give it to me. Hello "Tiger's" Fury!
    Pokemon Y / Pokemon OR
    Friendcode: 0791-2124-3938 (IGN: Michiel)

Deleted
    GC said in the press interview "Symbiosis is a cool spell druid will love it" (not balance druids) so they can't remove that spell, GC would look like an idiot.

Symbiosis is probably my favourite thing about this expansion, I would be very sad to see it go just because it could give us so much more to do within our specs, especially for Resto where many other healers have a better CD than our Tree of Life (Although tranquility is amazing, i'd like to have 2 big CDs like every other healer instead of a form I use only to buff up my tranquility)

The thought of Blizz removing Symbiosis ruined my day. I mean it really did...it was a sunny day, I had a good mod, looked into the mmo forums and saw someone discussing the possibility of Blizz removing Symbiosis and...wow, I want to punch someone. I'm playing my druid since vanilla and I'd really hate it to see Symbiosis removed.

I most likely won't quit, but I'll be very angry and sad and flame the eu forums till ban....

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberowl View Post
    The thought of Blizz removing Symbiosis ruined my day. I mean it really did...it was a sunny day, I had a good mod, looked into the mmo forums and saw someone discussing the possibility of Blizz removing Symbiosis and...wow, I want to punch someone. I'm playing my druid since vanilla and I'd really hate it to see Symbiosis removed.

I most likely won't quit, but I'll be very angry and sad and flame the eu forums till ban....
    D:

Doesn't seem that likely to be removed...I mean the publicity, the interviews, all the spells modified etc..

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberowl View Post

sorry but for some reason i lol'd a little XD

Quote Originally Posted by Juvencus View Post
    D:

Doesn't seem that likely to be removed...I mean the publicity, the interviews, all the spells modified etc..
    yeah I'm afraid of myself lol

but damn that thought really makes me angry :O

It seems that it won't be removed because there are so many spells in the database and some are modified (AMS etc.). It shows that Blizz knows about the balancing issues but the amount of work is intense and other classes will cry...they will cry so bad. It's really making druids veeeery strong.

They could change it a thousand times, but it will still have its problems. They could remove it, take a flame wave and spare a insane amount of work.
    This spell is unbalance able, everyone should agree.

This ability seems too cool to make it to release to be honest. With all the homogenization being crammed down our throats constantly, the ability for a druid to add so much additional utility to a raid would just be overpowered when no other class can do it.

Sigh. But at least they get a new aquatic form, and (ride-able!) travel form

I miss the days when classes were allowed to be unique.
    I like ponies and I really don't care what you have to say about that.

Quote Originally Posted by chinobar View Post
    It's not a trade...

Sheesh people all hung up on semantics, I understand you don't lose anything.....

I just want something even remotely as usefull when we share... Is that better?

In b4 life grip is great for PVP. Talking PVE.
    Last edited by Sprucelee; 2012-03-23 at 11:22 PM.

The thing that people need to keep in mind is that although there are a large number of options for Symbiosis - both you and your recipient only get one at a time. And (unless it was changed at some point), it's still only castable outside of combat; you won't be using a damage-reduction cooldown, then swapping it for a damage increase, then swapping it for another utility spell. Additionally, you need to have that person in your raid, and presumably Symbiosis as a buff will work exactly like DI or FM - running 5 hymns and 10 tranqs means 5 Disc priests in a raid with 5 druids. Possible? Sure. Likely? Not at all.

In a PvE setting it's certainly quite useful, but adding any -one- ability to a druid's pool? Not nearly as overpowered as people are making it out to be, especially with values being changed for a large number of the abilities.