Thread: [MoP] Symbiosis

Page 2 of 45 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Protoman View Post
    I really don't like this talent. Sounds too complicated. I think they should scrap it and come up with something better. Some of these abilities look cool to have like the cds, some are lame like lightning shield or consecration. I'm sure its the same for other classes, might get barkskin or natures grasp. Seems too random and I don't like the idea of unique class spells being shared between classes.
    If you think symbiosis is hard to grasp, roll a DK and give dark similcrum a shot. By the time I mouse over and figure out what ability I just got, I'm half way dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Stevegasm View Post
    If you think symbiosis is hard to grasp, roll a DK and give dark similcrum a shot. By the time I mouse over and figure out what ability I just got, I'm half way dead.
    Try this addon
    http://www.wowinterface.com/download...kSimAlert.html

Its outdated, but still works fine.

As with druid, its pretty simple. You will have have one extra button and you will not use it very often.

It seems symbiosis goes towards more utility based things that are situational, not key rotation abilities. I cant see it giving druids frostbolt or something like that lol.

This Is what I think the fill in the blanks are going to be for what we give to other classes. still working on what we get from everyone.

Death knight:
    Tank-Entangling Roots (No real cc in the tree, and can spec for a lot of cds. They are prolly gonna get the tank shaft)
    Dps-Wild Mushroom (Double dps are going to get the same abilities, as the blizzard post gave solar beam to both dps specs as well as enrage)

Hunter:
    Dps -Dash (Triple dps specs get the same ability)

Mage:
    Dps-Healing Touch (Has no on demand or passive healing unless glyphed, or talented cauterize. Also has same cd as rejuv for locks)

Monk:
    Tank-Growl (Armor is lower and can hurt when hard hitting boss tank swapping occurs, plus.....its a bear.....it growls)
    Dps-Berserk
    Healer-BarkSkin (Looking at the healer tree it has little defensive cds. A lot of things are channeled as well, so this fits right in)

Paladin:
    Tank-Might of Ursoc (This could be swapped with survival instincts for rogues, but I think pallys will get the last stand)
    Dps-Tigers Fury
    Healer-Rebirth

Priest:
    Dps-Cyclone (Shadow has to talent alot of cc now, so this is the spec I think will get this coveted cc)
    Healer-Tranquility (If wild growth does turn out to be a symb ability, holy will get it)

Rogue:
    Dps-Survival Instincts (Rogues have to choose alot of their defensive cds now, so they will prolly get this or might. SI just sounds more roguish)

Shaman:
    Dps-Solar Beam
    Healer-Prowl (Dps specs get beam this is the only other shammy symb spell)

Warlock:
    Dps-Rejuvenation

Warrior:
    Dps-Enrage
    Tank-Frenzied Regeneration (Still uses rage in symb, so only the logical place for it. Enraged regen has its own last stand effect it will make a nice last stand macro friend)
    Last edited by todzilla85; 2012-03-22 at 01:36 PM.

Deleted
    Growl looks like something that would work on a rogue. (armor bonus and taunt)

Monk tanks already have a lot of armor, having 330% more would get them to the armor cap :P

Deleted
    @ Ristaccia Agree with some, disagree with some looking at the list, but agree wait for it to be confirmed

DK
    Balance: Chain
    Feral: Unholy (Clearly a DPS CD)
    Guardian:Anti Magic Shell/ICebound fortitude (survival CD)
    Resto:

Hunter
    Balance:Misdirection(Only spec that is left that will want to)
    Feral: Play Dead
    Guardian:Ice Trap
    Resto:

Mage
    Balance:Mirror(be interesting since the link doesnt state usable in moonkin)
    Feral:Frost Nova
    Guardian: Mage Ward(damage reducing)
    Resto:

Monk
    Balance:
    Feral:
    Guardian:
    Resto:

Paladin
    Balance:
    Feral:
    Guardian: Consecration
    Resto:Hand of Sacrifice

Priest
    Balance:Mass Dispell
    Feralispersion
    Guardian:Fear Ward(believe onlt tank so far lacking an antifear/fear break)
    Resto:Leap

Rogue
    Balance:
    Feral:Redirect(CPs so feral will match)
    Guardian:Cloak of Shadows?
    Resto:

Shaman
    Balance:Purge(requires moonkin)
    Feral:Feral Spirit(More a DPS appearing cd)
    Guardian::Lightening Shield(only one remaining)
    Resto: SpiritWalkers Grave(only person who can really use it other than balance)

Warlock
    Balance: Soul Shatter(Threat drop, unlikely for tank and healer and feral has soul swap)
    Feral:Soul Swap
    Guardian:
    Resto: Demonic Circle(probably get more use moving to A-B quickly so less time not healing)

Warrior
    Balance:Recklessness(if it is this spell, only spec that benefits)
    Feral:Shattering Blow(as stated)
    Guardian:Spell Reflection(tanking talent seems most likely to go to a tank)
    Resto
    DK:
    Blood - Might/Barkskin/SI
    Frost - Wild Mushroom: Plague (DK DPS spell)
    Unholy - Wild Mushroom: Plague(DK DPS spell)

Hunter:
    Dash(have aspects for speed boosts but dazeable so alternative)

Mage:
    Healing Touch

Monk:
    Brewmaster - Might/Barkskin/SI
    Windwalker - Berserk
    Mistwalker -

Paladin:
    Holy - Rebirth
    Ret - Tiger's Fury
    Prot - Might(believe paladins only tanks without a health boost so may be this)/SI/Barkskin(Survival CDS)

Priest:
    Disc - Tranquility(seems confirmed)
    Holy - Wild Growth (seems confirmed since requires spirit which i assume will change to be CD or onlt gain spell when dead)
    Shadow - Roots (one of the few ranged lacking a root effect)

Rogue:
    Growl(on of the few melee without a taunt move), Dash(unsure it they will give rogues another sprint)

Shaman:
    Ele - Solar Beam
    Enhance - Solar Beam
    Resto - Prowl

Warlock:
    Rejuvenation

Warrior:
    Arms - Enrage(rage based DPS effect)
    Fury - Enrage(rage with DPS effect
    Prot - Frenzied Regen (Rage based heal)
    Apologise if these have been confirmed by time of post, and if some of the ones i changed are generally known
    Last edited by mmoc421ccedb9d; 2012-03-22 at 01:50 PM. Reason: Completely forgot that some of them are already been announced

Quote Originally Posted by Mihir View Post
    Growl looks like something that would work on a rogue. (armor bonus and taunt)

Monk tanks already have a lot of armor, having 330% more would get them to the armor cap :P

unless i missed something or theres a skill not listed on the preview, i dont see monks having any armor increasing skills. thus if they have none of those they will be on the lower end of armor not using plate or shields. as far as i can tell they are about consistant dmg intake with stagger, avoidence and shields. and what would a rogue need with a taunt?

And madkitty....thats not it at all.....
    Last edited by todzilla85; 2012-03-22 at 01:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mihir View Post
    Erm did something change, last i saw Monk tanks had the least amount of armor of tank specs. Leather armor, with no armor increases from class abilities (just 20% damage reduction from stance)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by todzilla85 View Post
    unless i missed something or theres a skill not listed on the preview, i dont see monks having any armor increasing skills. thus if they have none of those they will be on the lower end of armor not using plate or shields. as far as i can tell they are about consistant dmg intake with stagger, avoidence and shields. and what would a rogue need with a taunt?

And madkitty....thats not it at all.....
    Why did they reintroduce Rockbiter when they added Unleash weapon as a taunt, why do hunters have a taunt? Its a case of utility. Better a melee taking aggro from an add for a couple of seconds rather than it hitting a softer target.

Also growl is a 3 minutes cd with the 330% armour, seems slightly to lng to make up for monks having low armour overall, more likely they will get another typical tank based CD.

Having looked at the Blue post that ended up mentioning some i am truely suprised at some of them
    Warlocks getting Rejuv for example, when their first row of talents are passive self healing.
    Shamans getting solar beam when they have a fairly good interrupt now (where other classes have long cd/no interruprts)
    Last edited by mmoc421ccedb9d; 2012-03-22 at 01:59 PM.

Deleted
    Balance druids are going to get fuc**d up again this expansion from the lvl 90 spell (and the sucking talents)

from shaman there are
    spirit walker grace to cast while moving
    feral spirit to boost your dps and provide passive healing
    lighting shield to deal some passive damage to attackers
    and purge, the useless one
    Guess what the boomkin get ? PURGE and not Feral Spirit for dps boost and passi healing

from priest there are
    leap of faith to grip allies
    mass dispell to remove magical effects
    levitate to increase run speed by 30% and 25% when the effect ends
    dispersion to reduce all damages by a ton
    Guess what the boomkin get? MASS DISPELL and not dispersion for a real defensive cooldown

from warlock there are
    Demonic Circle Teleport to escape fast from the enemy
    Soul Shatter to reduce threat
    Soul swap to move dots around
    Guess what the boomkin get? i bet SOUL SHATTER because teleport will go the healers

from rogue there are
    Redirect to move combo points
    Evasion to dodge 50% of incoming attacks and reduce dmg taken by 25%
    Cloak of shadows to remove dots
    Guess what the boomkin get? CLOAK OF SHADOWS? nope they will for sure add smoke bomb :ahahah:

should i go on ? i hate Blizzard and hate GhostCrawler when he said "Symbiosis is AWESOME it's super fun!"
    nope GC, Symbiosis is not fun and gives to other dps DPS cooldowns, to tanks tank cooldows and to healers all our raid utilities. In exchange tanks get tanking cooldowns, healers get healing utilities, ferals get dps cooldowns and Balance druids get f**ed up.

Quote Originally Posted by Madkitty View Post
    Why did they reintroduce Rockbiter when they added Unleash weapon as a taunt, why do hunters have a taunt? Its a case of utility. Better a melee taking aggro from an add for a couple of seconds rather than it hitting a softer target.

Also growl is a 3 minutes cd with the 330% armour, seems slightly to lng to make up for monks having low armour overall, more likely they will get another typical tank based CD.
    i think your missing the point of symbiosis somewhat. its not to give someone something they may never ever use. its a situational ability or something they might lack in their basic kit, or even something to improve the classes play in general. i can say that on my shaman ive never even touched rockbiter since bc. and on my hunter i only use distracting show to take down the trash drakes before ultraxion. growl symb is different like i said it would be awsome for quick tank switches or even using to pull the boss....it is a tank cooldown it has a 30 second duration which is huge in the world of tanking. and as far as i can tell monks get alot of gimmicky taunts which would add to the flavor of the monk tank in general.
    Last edited by todzilla85; 2012-03-22 at 02:07 PM.

Deleted
    The point is that EVERY other class in the game has a level 90 DMG cooldown or a lvl 90 DMG Talent.
    Druids got a lvl 90 stupid, useless, boring, reliant on player's failure talent
    and this useless symbios that buff other players and fu** up only one spec BALANCE.

I'm sick of being treated like that from the devs every damned expansion.
    If playing a balance druid = taking the worst spells every expansion I'm going to reroll another DPS class.

Am i the only one out there that noticed that we are lacking an execute phase dmg boost ?
    That what we got as a talent (incarnation) is baseline for shamans ?
    That every other class is full of CC and defensive abilities both in their spellbook and talent pane while druids got Ursol's Vortex, a disengage that can be prevented anytime with a gap closer, a bugged typhoon/redundant slow/uselss 2min cd root ?

Have anyone else noticed that our lvl 90 spell can be used ONLY if you have someone in your party and not while you are solo? The lvl 90 talent still relies on friends failure FFS !
    I want something fun and usable, not something that relies on other people.
    Last edited by mmoc37672be2a3; 2012-03-22 at 02:18 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    This looks sooo aewsome! Cannt wait to stealth on my shaman!

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm confused, there were multiple shaman and priest abilities in there. Are the abilities the Druid gains based on the other person's spec?
    Quote Originally Posted by Puck View Post
    I find it quite disheartening that I got an erection just by reading "Cowboy boots".
    Quote Originally Posted by Anodur View Post
    The greatest generation is long dead? Last I checked, Miley Cyrus, Kanye West, Rebecca Black, and One Direction are all still kickin'...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nephyron View Post
    I'm going to reroll another DPS class.
    Go ahead.

Raging like this before it's even finalized seems rather pointless.

For the first time I was considering not to level my main (feral) to level my alt (destro) and make it my main... I have completely scrapped that idea out...

I can't help but smiling from ear to ear while reading this

THIS IS FREAKING AWESOME! XD

Okay I'll go ahead and say it: This isn't overpowered to anyone else? Honestly? Rogues get group stealth, paladins get a blind that won't matter because of debuffs on targets anyway... I mean seriously?

Edit: i'll add to this because it's rather vague. A druid can essentially cast this ability on people and give/get a new ability. Ret Paladin gettng Tigers fury with wings? Okay. Why bother when you can take a DK's unholy frenzy and give someone even more damage? It seems like all the druids are going to get are glorified buffs for others in their group. For everyone whining they get nothing to help their DPS, neither do rogues, neither do pallies, neither do warlocks, etc etc. You instead get the ability to gain a new ability (oh, need an extra purge for an encounter? Cool, done. Need an additional soaker? No problem, we have a druid). Every 25 raid now is going to have at least 4 or 5 druids in a NON stacking environment (meaning 16 rogues/mages on Heroic Spine stacking). At least. Everyone else gets "Cool guys, I can stealth us in this group!.... so we can... so we can skip this ONE trash pack, awesome!"
    Last edited by Solmyr13; 2012-03-22 at 02:23 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Solmyr13 View Post
    Okay I'll go ahead and say it: This isn't overpowered to anyone else? Honestly? Rogues get group stealth, paladins get a blind that won't matter because of debuffs on targets anyway... I mean seriously?
    Forget balance by now, focus the awesomeness. Anyway, the other classes also get a spell in exchange.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by chinobar View Post
    Go ahead.
    Raging like this before it's even finalized seems rather pointless.
    Have you ever seen them changing something ?

The talent "Heart of the Wild" the one that relies on players failure has been criticized for ages and people told that it's a bad talent for the tier6 because of the long cooldown, the very low chance to use it and the lack of the basic tools to cover the other roles.
    Do you think that blizz changed it with something else? nope they added crit immunity if you want to mimic a tank.....

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nephyron View Post
    Have you ever seen them changing something ?

The talent "Heart of the Wild" the one that relies on players failure has been criticized for ages and people told that it's a bad talent for the tier6 because of the long cooldown, the very low chance to use it and the lack of the basic tools to cover the other roles.
    Do you think that blizz changed it with something else? nope they added crit immunity if you want to mimic a tank.....
    I would imagine they would wait with completely revamping stuff till after the beta has gone out and people can test whatever shit they think doesn't work, and see what they say then.

Assuming stuff will stay like they are are still way to early.

Plus, you cannot get everything you want and i am in general happy about the changes to druids and balance.